Author Topic: Alt-Right  (Read 19245 times)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
Re: Alt-Right
« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2017, 10:13:25 pm »
Another mistake in the Buzzfeed glossary is saying that Discord is for "far right groups", it's just an IM/Voice chat app for gamers. So yes there would be a presence of far right people, but there's also a far left (for example, Communist) presence on the site as well, same goes for moderates or even apolitical people. Buzzfeed (like much of the media these days) seems to have a knee-jerk reaction to certain new platforms for communication or activities and are prone to start moral panics. This isn't anything new, the Christians back in the 80s made a big deal about how the local D & D dungeonmasters would turn your teenagers into Satanist Liberals, the left is capable of this same fearmongering.

You know, I somehow missed that the first time. And considering that I'm on 14 Discord servers, I'd like to think it's for more than just "far right groups".
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2017, 07:48:18 am »
Our CS club used to use Discord, or so I heard.  Moved to Slack because...fucked if I know?  Its just a pretty IRC, but then again, we're talking about a group with a large proportion of Linux fanboys, so I don't expect much sense in the first place.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2017, 09:44:55 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/02/alt-right-hates-women-non-white-trump-christian-right-abortion

As you can see, the Alt-Right is a heterogenous group with many varying opinions. For example, some oppose abortion because it gives women a choice, while others support abortion because they support eugenics and aborting "defective" or non-white fetuses. Both groups agree that women should not be allowed to make the choice whether or not to abort the fetus they are carrying, so there is still some common ground that they can agree on.

Yes, I know that this sounds like the old joke (possibly from cyanide and happiness, though I can't be certain) but no opinion is too "evil" or "stupid" for the Alt-Right.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2017, 04:23:12 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/may/02/alt-right-hates-women-non-white-trump-christian-right-abortion

As you can see, the Alt-Right is a heterogenous group with many varying opinions. For example, some oppose abortion because it gives women a choice, while others support abortion because they support eugenics and aborting "defective" or non-white fetuses. Both groups agree that women should not be allowed to make the choice whether or not to abort the fetus they are carrying, so there is still some common ground that they can agree on.

Yes, I know that this sounds like the old joke (possibly from cyanide and happiness, though I can't be certain) but no opinion is too "evil" or "stupid" for the Alt-Right.

Quite. When your political ideology is being the most contemptuous wanker imaginable, these things tend to happen.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2017, 04:20:24 am »
http://www.wehuntedthemammoth.com/2016/09/08/internet-nazis-now-trying-to-recruit-kids-playing-pokemon-go-apparently/

Neo-Nazis trying to recruit kids. Because:

The Daily Stormer was designed to appeal to teenagers, but I have long thought that we needed to get pre-teens involved in the movement. At that age, you can really brainwash someone easily. Anyone who accepts Nazism at the age of 10 or 11 is going to be a Nazi for life.

Note the bolded part, they aren't even denying that they are trying to brainwash kids.

The last time I heard of something this heinous was a Pink-Black lesbian saying that they should "recruit" girls into being lesbians because 10 year olds are really malleable and the best way to turn them into lesbians is fucking them until they like it. (Note that I know that that person is not an example of what most LGBT people are like.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline kiwimac

• Neonate
« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2017, 05:16:25 am »
Everyone knows that the NAZIS were really commies. <sarcasm>

Bread for myself is a material question; bread for my neighbor is a spiritual question." Nicolai Berdyaev

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2017, 05:51:17 am »
Except the Nazies who instead insist that the pope is a communist.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #37 on: May 03, 2017, 06:58:13 am »
They forget that one, brainwashing doesn't work that way (the term these dumb apes are looking for is 'indoctrination') and, two, deprogramming is not only a thing, it can happen with normal life experience.  Fuck, I was technically indoctrinated into Christianity as a child, and we all know how well THAT ended up going.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #38 on: May 03, 2017, 03:35:44 pm »
..........................hey wait a second here.

Ironbite-I'm seeing something that I really shouldn't be.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #39 on: May 03, 2017, 05:03:24 pm »
What is that, ironbite?

I think I'm seeing something here myself. The alt-right and Milo...hm, perhaps more appropriate a match than I figured.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #40 on: May 03, 2017, 05:39:10 pm »
Something personal.

Ironbite-we'll see how it plays out.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2017, 12:31:35 am »
Meanwhile Milo and the Alt-Right still have a love-hate affair. And by this I mean that Milo insists that the Alt-Right does not hate homosexuals and the Nazi symbolism is all a big joke. Meanwhile the Alt-right insist that they really are Nazis and hate "degenerates" like Milo.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2017, 01:03:48 am »
All while the alt-right talks in a suspiciously "degenerate" fashion about children, and taking advantage of them. And allows such fellows as August Kreis III to join their parties.

They're basically the two people in a rom-com who just cannot admit they were made for each other.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #43 on: May 06, 2017, 01:31:56 am »
Alt-right and 4Chan have tried to influence the elections in France. Not much success apparently.

a) Their "leaked Macron Emails" were poorly faked: https://www.reddit.com/r/europe/comments/69h2ku/macron_offshore_account_4chan_trolls_forgot_to/ http://www.numerama.com/politique/254983-compte-offshore-demmanuel-macron-une-intox-venue-de-4chan.html (adding the Reddit thread because the original is in French and the thread has talk about it in English.)

EDIT: English article about this: http://www.reuters.com/article/us-france-election-macron-leaks-idUSKBN1812AZ

Note that Macron is not allowed to come out and say that the "leaks" are fake or altered because the campaigning has legally ended. And any media (or Le Pen associate) that releases these "leaks" is committing a crime because the campaigning has legally ended and doing anything that might influence the voters is illegal and punishable. Which just means that the only people spreading the leaks are random folks on social media.

b) When they aren't making fake-news they are posting memes IN ENGLISH. Also using the same anti-semitic conspiracy theories that worked well in USA but aren't as popular in France. https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/04/technology/french-elections-alt-right-fake-news-le-pen-macron.html?_r=1

« Last Edit: May 06, 2017, 02:20:49 am by Askold »

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2017, 08:01:59 pm »
In Tragic News, thanks to the actions of the Alt-Right, Pepe the Frog has passed away

http://www.cbr.com/pepe-frog-creator-kills-white-supremacist-icon/