Author Topic: Election News  (Read 5406 times)

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
Election News
« on: August 31, 2012, 07:20:39 pm »
With the elections coming up, there are going to be a lot of news stories about it in the coming months. Right now, a large portion of the politics subforum is flooded with individual threads about dozens of different news articles and stories about it, most of which aren't really big or important enough to warrant their own threads.  Currently, on the front page of that subforum, 15 out of 25 threads are election related. I think it would be prudent to create an "Election 2012 Megathread" as a place to put all of it, and to direct users to post their updates there instead of making a new thread.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 09:04:04 pm by VirtualStranger »

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
Re: Election News
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 07:48:21 pm »
Or perhaps make a child board that only deals with election 2012 news and updates rather than a megathread because election seasons have many variations and details that are different each time and to have a megathread would probably be more confusing and daunting to read.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 08:46:28 pm »
For once, I'm in agreement.  It'd be useful.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 08:53:15 pm »
Or perhaps make a child board that only deals with election 2012 news and updates rather than a megathread because election seasons have many variations and details that are different each time and to have a megathread would probably be more confusing and daunting to read.

I agree, some sort of temporary subforum would reduce the clutter of the main Politics & Gov't board.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2012, 09:20:21 pm »
Well, we could just make a general "Election Shit" subforum, so we don't have to bother with remaking it every time.  Granted, its once every four years, but still.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2012, 10:43:26 pm »
The only thing I have an issue with is potentially losing all the threads once we get rid of the election subforum. I wouldn't want it to be there year-round since it'd be unused, but I wouldn't want to keep it just to save all the election threads. Perhaps create it and then move the threads elsewhere once it's deleted? I don't know how practical or difficult that would be.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2012, 11:06:18 pm »
The only thing I have an issue with is potentially losing all the threads once we get rid of the election subforum. I wouldn't want it to be there year-round since it'd be unused, but I wouldn't want to keep it just to save all the election threads. Perhaps create it and then move the threads elsewhere once it's deleted? I don't know how practical or difficult that would be.

What about making it a child board of the lox box after things are all said and done?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2012, 11:47:20 pm »
Why not keep it as a subforum? I mean, elections go on more than once every four years, right? We'd use it at least every two years, even ignoring elections in places other than America.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 05:54:54 pm »
Not to mention, we could use it for local elections which happen more frequently, and non-USA elections as well.

I'm in favor of a subforum, as opposed to a megathread.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet