Author Topic: FSTDT Is Closing Down, Needs Hosting  (Read 2328 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
FSTDT Is Closing Down, Needs Hosting
« on: October 12, 2016, 12:05:26 am »
The name says it all.  Distind announced this some time ago; he's basically lost interest in keeping the place running and will only keep it active up thru the end of November.  Shy has said he'd be interested in acting as a sort of financier/quote admin, and I can handle most of the engineering tasks that the site puts forth.  Only thing is, neither of us are really willing to put our name on the deed, as it were.  Shy for his own reasons, and me because I have enough on my plate getting thru uni and (potentially) keeping the site actually running.  So far, nobody's stepped up to actually host the thing.  If anyone would be willing to help out with that particular area, such as finding/acquiring a host, setting up a domain, all that good shit, lemme know.  I'm just not comfortable having it in my name, for now.  If, after I graduate and get a job of my own, I'm willing/able to take over, I can should whomever steps forward desire it.  If you want to let Shy know, you could drop a line here, and I'll email bossman about it.

The more folks we get on this, now, the less likely something like this will be to happen again.  ...Least Distind's giving us some warning, if nothing else.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: FSTDT Is Closing Down, Needs Hosting
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 02:08:09 am »
That is bad news mate. But I don't have the time or the technical ability to help.

Would be happy to throw the odd $ its way though.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2016, 11:49:03 pm »
Yeaaaaah...don't really wanna see the mainpage die, but I just don't want to have, like, almost all the operation of the site be on my shoulders.  I got enough shit to deal with between university and everything else.

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
  • The fanciest little kitten
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2016, 10:06:47 pm »
I would be willing to donate some money if that would help.
It's me, the little fancy kitten

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 08:07:00 am »
I believe Shy is going to handle the hosting bit, freeing me up to focus on the engineering front.  Alas, for for da old boss, the issue is that he's lost interest.  However, once things are in our hands, feel free to donate.  Might talk to Shy bout setting up a Patreon, as well.  Haven't had much time to handle things in this end due to university, but I should have some time soon.

Offline Kradorex Xeron

• Technical Consultant
  • Administrator
  • Bishop
  • Digitally Original
    • Personal Site
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2017, 05:19:06 pm »
Hi,

I know I may be late to the party, but if Digibase could supply resources, let me know.
~Krad Xeron

shykid

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2017, 12:00:52 pm »
I know this is thread is old, but all is well on the FSTDT front. Rav and I worked out something, and FSTDT ain't going nowhere anytime soon.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2017, 12:14:10 pm »
Good to hear. (Even though I haven't gone there in a while.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2017, 01:28:40 pm »
Would it be possible to make this the official FSTDT forum again now that both sites are under the same leadership again?

shykid

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2017, 03:00:24 pm »
Totally. If you guys want to merge back, just let me know and we can arrange it.

Edit: We need to start a thread for this.

Edit 2: Made one.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 03:06:55 pm by shy »