Author Topic: Pro-Gunners Suggest Building IEDs for War With U.S. Government  (Read 7418 times)

Offline wyvern999

• Apprentice
Re: Pro-Gunners Suggest Building IEDs for War With U.S. Government
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2012, 02:35:29 pm »

Also as some have said before, a semi auto that's got black plastic is no different from one with wood furniture, and a full auto is generally useless as anything other than a toy at the gun range, with it having little use in a combat situation other than suppressive fire.

Is there a demand for suppressive fire where you live then?

If you and the rest of you "responsible" gun owners were really responsible you wouldn't have guns at all. Not that I think any of you will take the slightest bit of notice. Go to the gun shows and fondle all those lovely guns. You know you want to.

Distind

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2012, 02:58:58 pm »

Also as some have said before, a semi auto that's got black plastic is no different from one with wood furniture, and a full auto is generally useless as anything other than a toy at the gun range, with it having little use in a combat situation other than suppressive fire.

Check out his thread in flame and burn, I think the general consensus at this point is a solid yes.

If you and the rest of you "responsible" gun owners were really responsible you wouldn't have guns at all. Not that I think any of you will take the slightest bit of notice. Go to the gun shows and fondle all those lovely guns. You know you want to.
And this is needlessly inflammatory.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2012, 04:39:55 pm »
The .22LR has killed more people than any other caliber.

But is far less deadly or effective. Both can be true. For instance, if many, many more people are hit by .22 than any other calibre, a lower deadliness could kill more people.

This is an example of the Worst Argument in the World.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2012, 05:17:47 pm »

Now where have I seen that logic before... oh yes.

"if you were really responsible about sex you wouldn't be having it outside of marriage in the first place!"
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2012, 05:51:08 pm »

Was that really called for? Really?
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2012, 09:10:56 pm »
Okay, that's actually kind of scary. :S
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Art Vandelay

« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2012, 10:22:44 pm »

You can fondle my lovely guns any time you like, honeybuns.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2012, 11:30:59 pm »
I don't need to go to the gun show, I can just open my safe and fondle my own personal stash. I've got plenty to choose from so I won't get bored.

I'm not even going to try and appease you with platitudes like they are not for killing people because you're not going to care, and well frankly, that wouldn't be true since more than half my weapons are expressly designed for killing people. Given the time and place a couple of them were manufactured, it is entirely possible they fulfilled their purpose or at the very least were used with hostile intent.

Don't like it?

Too bad.

(see how easy it is to shut down any chance of having a civil discussion)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2012, 11:46:16 pm »

But is far less deadly or effective. Both can be true. For instance, if many, many more people are hit by .22 than any other calibre, a lower deadliness could kill more people.

The point is not about is .22lr the most lethal caliber, it is simply that even .22lr is capable of killing a human being.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #39 on: November 07, 2012, 01:23:02 pm »

The point is not about is .22lr the most lethal caliber, it is simply that even .22lr is capable of killing a human being.

I never said they couldn't. I just said it's not a good tool for man killing.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #40 on: November 07, 2012, 01:45:32 pm »
Aside from the inflammatory and biased comments from a few anti-gunners, I find most of the statements here to my liking.

Those militia-tards need to stop mucking up for people who are responsible gun owners. I don't own a gun, but I don't support gun control. All statistical data I have uncovered supports that crime goes up when guns are banned, the only thing that goes down is gun crime.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #41 on: November 07, 2012, 04:31:28 pm »
All statistical data I have uncovered supports that crime goes up when guns are banned, the only thing that goes down is gun crime.

Which data, out of interest? Don't really want to start a shit-fight, but if it's Australia you're looking at crime went down.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #42 on: November 07, 2012, 05:51:51 pm »
I don't know alot about guns, I didn't know a shotgun was primarly used in hunting until someone told me.

However, even I know that a complete removal of guns from society is a bad idea as the people who don't follow the law WILL ALWAYS HAVE THEM.

As long as they are used only in defense or hunting, I have no problem with them being around. (Rocket Launchers? Not so much.)