Author Topic: Keystone defeated in senate.  (Read 1543 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Keystone defeated in senate.
« on: March 09, 2012, 12:24:03 am »
http://news.yahoo.com/keystone-pipeline-faces-vote-senate-highway-bill-165305635.html

But the Keystone amendment attracted the most attention. The pipeline would carry crude from Canadian oil sands to Texas refineries and would also pick up U.S. crude from North Dakota and Montana along the way.
With a 34-64 vote, senators also defeated a proposal from Democratic Senator Ron Wyden that would have blocked exports of oil from the pipeline, as well as refined products made from the oil.
Senator John Hoeven of North Dakota, who had championed the Republican plan to advance the pipeline, said the restrictions in the Democratic alternative would have blocked the project.

Yay, no to dirty energy and dirty tar sands! And no to exporting our oil to other countries!

Now let's feed off the tears of sad angry cons!

I would like to thank the democrats for killing 150K high paying jobs directly and 250K high paying jobs indirectly, as well as the increasing gas prices which in turn drives up all costs, especially food…….good job boys, your destruction of the USA continues.

Mr Obama said when he takes Office that Gas , Food and Eneg. would Sky Rocket and it has m But yet he blames others , My God he thinks we are Fools

The democrats must think we are all going to go out and buy electric cars. We have 250 million registered cars in the US, they all burn gasoline or diesel fuel. Why they will not build this pipeline borders on treason in my opinion. These guys are worthless and should be voted out of office along with their leader. They are bad for America, and quite frankly the republicans are not much better. They are politicians first and Americans second or third.

Google US oil pilelines map There are already a number of crude oil pipelines but eco-idiots act like Keystone would be the first. Hold democrats feet to fire this November, VOTE THEM OUT! They do NOT want us to have jobs or cheap energy - they hate our country!

The story is not about a CONGRESS that won't get anything done but rather a President (Barak) and a Senate leader (Dirty Harry) that won't get anything done. Bill after bill have been passed by the House and Dirty Harry gets his maching orders from Barak and he sits on them. For God's sake he has not passed a budget in over three years. The American people MUST purge the Senate of every Democrat that is up for re-election and we certainly must get rid of the radical Barak....if this country has any chance of recovering. WAKE UP AMERICA.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 12:45:42 am by Lexikon »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
Re: Keystone defeated in senate.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 02:15:50 am »
*ignores the comments from the article*

Good riddance to that bill. Especially given the context of the whole thing and the nature of what it would've been piping in.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 09:51:08 am »
I don't understand how this pipeline was going to create the thousands of jobs the cons are talking about? It would create temp jobs to build the thing at best but after that what work would there be?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 11:03:13 am »
And a lot of those jobs would be preformed by people who were employed by the company in the first place.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 03:04:17 am »
As a Nebraskan, I would like to point out that if I recall correctly, there was a lot of opposition to the project here - at least with the initial proposed route.  Why would firetruck red Nebraska be against this?  Simple:  Shit going wrong could jeopardize our ecologically sensitive Sandhills permanently.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 06:47:52 pm »