Author Topic: Romney Just Made  (Read 5297 times)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Romney Just Made
« on: February 02, 2012, 01:07:27 pm »
I found this little pearl of a website: http://romneyjustmade.com/

The name is pretty much what it sounds like, you can see just how fast Mitt "I'm Unemployed and Like to Fire People" Romney makes his money. It also has a handy little calculator so you can see how much Mitt Romney made in the time it takes you to do whatever.

For example, I timed myself on how long it took me to leave my computer, take a piss, wash my hands and come back to my computer. Total time: 2 minutes and 26 seconds. In that time, Romney made...

...care to guess?

Go on. Take a guess.

Seriously, I'll wait.

...2 minutes 26 seconds.

...ready?

Romney made
(click to show/hide)

So, how much will Mitt Romney make in the time it takes you to post your outrage?

P.S.

In the 5 minutes and 12 seconds time it took me to write this post, Mitt Romney made
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:51:39 pm by Damen »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Ranger_Joe

• Pope
  • The Stranger With Candy
Re: Romney Just Made
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 01:34:45 pm »
Yeah, that is fairly rage inducing. I don't want to hear this man even suggest he is part of the 99% or that he paid his fair share in taxes.

After the whole business with him paying 13% taxes, and having overseas bank accounts, there is no way he can establish any form of credability with the middle class. He makes more in an 8 hour time period than a lot of people make in a month, some even a fucking YEAR.

Rage.

CORRECTION: In an eight hour day, Mitt Romney makes $103,846.08. In a single day, he makes more money than the high majority of Americans. This is just...mindblowing...In eight hours he made more money than I did when I was in the Army, fighting in the Afgan and Iraq Wars. In a single day, he made about 35k more than I did in a whole year.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 01:37:31 pm by Ranger_Joe »
Rangers Lead The Way..All The Way!

I would give a fuck, but I gave my last one to your mother last night.

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 01:41:33 pm »
It takes me an hour and a half to do one load of laundry (30 min for washing and 1 hour for drying). Assuming I don't forget and leave some spare minutes between washing and drying, Romney makes
(click to show/hide)

Offline Damen

• The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 01:57:50 pm »
"In the time it takes me to get a drink, Mitt Romney makes $677.82"
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 02:05:24 pm »
"In the time it takes me to load this thread, Mitt Romney makes $3.60"

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

QueenofHearts

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 02:06:28 pm »
The "to put that in perspective" section has some good one liners, such as "Romney, in one week, makes more than twice as much as 99% of Americans do in a year" and "Romney makes $108 tying his shoes."

Also, in the time it takes for most commercial segments to pass while I watch the Daily Show, Romney makes $865. This is more than I make in a month. Worst of all, we're taxed at about the same rate.

Le sigh

Offline Damen

• The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 02:08:17 pm »
The "to put that in perspective" section has some good one liners, such as "Romney, in one week, makes more than twice as much as 99% of Americans do in a year" and "Romney makes $108 tying his shoes."

Also, in the time it takes for most commercial segments to pass while I watch the Daily Show, Romney makes $865. This is more than I make in a month. Worst of all, we're taxed at about the same rate.

Le sigh

You're taxed at 13.9%? Damn, how'd you score a sweet deal like that?
"Fear my .45"

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

QueenofHearts

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2012, 02:22:42 pm »

Le sigh

Being poor.

I don't know the exact rate I'm taxed at, let me grab a pay stub (but its about 10K a year so most of it should fall into the 10% bracket IIRC).

:Goes grabs pay stub: : does math: (in said time, Romney made $540.68)

OH, FUCK THAT. I paid $1448 in taxes on just under $9000 gross. I'm paying 16.1% on pennies and he's paying considerably less on millions.

Larger le sigh

Offline Ranger_Joe

• Pope
  • The Stranger With Candy
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2012, 04:20:11 pm »
So, I posted this link on my Facebook and I have a few conservative friends. Here are the responses they gave and my rebuttal.

I said, "In the time I spend working in one day, Mitt Romney makes $103,846.08"

Fiscal Republican/Social Liberal: "And? His wealth is FAR less than Ross Perot, for example. In fact it's kind of paltry compared to what others such as CEOs and such make. It's all relative of course."

My Response: "And? He pays 13.9% taxes. Average household for your average citizen is 21%. See anything wrong with those numbers?"

FoxNewsublican: " he's making most of his money on money which has already been taxed. Let the rich stop investing and making money and let's see how much deeper the country delves into debt."

My Response: "A strong middle class is what makes a great economy. How is he helping the economy by not paying taxes? It all comes down to loop holes. If the rich investing and getting richer actually ::did:: help the economy, we wouldn't be in the shape we are currently in. Our debt troubles didn't start in the past four years. This has been an ongoing problem since Reagan."

I mean seriously...these are the best things they can come up with? Regurgitation of quotes heard by a pundit somewhere? I expect more, but shouldn't. :P
Rangers Lead The Way..All The Way!

I would give a fuck, but I gave my last one to your mother last night.

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2012, 05:19:54 pm »
 He makes about $32,450 in the time I spend in one class.

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2012, 06:45:22 pm »
"In the time it takes me to thaw a bagel, spread cream cheese on it, and the type this, Mitt Romney makes $1,514.38"
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2012, 06:51:45 pm »
I heard from my history teacher that if Mitt Romney wins, then he would be the richest president in American history. The last president we had that was less than a millionaire was Harry Truman, who only became president because Franklin Roosevelt died. Up until that point, he was kept out of the loop on a lot of internal affairs, and wasn't even invited to parties. He was only informed of the existence of the Manhattan Project a few hours after he was sworn in. But I digress...
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2012, 06:58:07 pm »

Le sigh

Being poor.

I don't know the exact rate I'm taxed at, let me grab a pay stub (but its about 10K a year so most of it should fall into the 10% bracket IIRC).

:Goes grabs pay stub: : does math: (in said time, Romney made $540.68)

OH, FUCK THAT. I paid $1448 in taxes on just under $9000 gross. I'm paying 16.1% on pennies and he's paying considerably less on millions.

Larger le sigh

Does that number include social security and medicare taxes? Because I don't believe that those are factored into his 13.9% rate thing - that's purely his income tax rate. Unfortunately social security deductions are pretty regressive, being as they're capped for incomes above something like $106,000, so if they were factored in they would probably reduce his effective rate even more.

Romney earns my total 2011 wages in just 75 minutes.

He was only informed of the existence of the Manhattan Project a few hours after he was sworn in. But I digress...

This should hardly surprise us. The Manhattan Project was about as top secret and hush-hush as the government could make it. I expect there are plenty of things Presidents get briefed on that even the Veep doesn't.
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

QueenofHearts

« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2012, 08:14:17 pm »
Yeah, that total is state, federal, and FICA. If you remove FICA though, the rate still comes out to 12.5% of my gross income (just over 3/4 of that is federal and the rest state).

I need to become more tax savvy. :-\

Offline Damen

• The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2012, 11:37:58 pm »
You know, the amount of money this fuck nugget makes doesn't even seem real. The amount of money he makes is that fucking staggering.

In the time it took me to watch one episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Romney made $9,832.50 dollars.

In the time it takes me to take a shit, Mitt Romney makes $1,947.06 dollars.

In the time it takes a teacher to teach a typical class, Mitt "$300k isn't that much" Romney makes $103,846.08 dollars.

The numbers are so grossly huge, I can barely believe that are real. It sounds completely made up when you hear that in the time it takes me to spot a coin on the ground, pick it up and see which side it was laying on, Mitt "I'll Bet You Ten Thousand Dollars" Romney made $14.40 dollars.

I guess nothing is stranger than reality.
"Fear my .45"

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen