Author Topic: A catch-all topic for stupid Lady Checkmate one-liners  (Read 1853 times)

Offline BobRumba

• God
A catch-all topic for stupid Lady Checkmate one-liners
« on: May 11, 2018, 01:03:32 pm »
The "alt-left" wants to ban heterosexual marriage and "traditional family", apparently.

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-newsnetwork/delaware_becomes_first_state_to_fully_ban_child_marriage/
 :o
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: A catch-all topic for stupid Lady Checkmate one-liners
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 01:14:43 pm »
Well I mean the "Alt left" doesn't exist so in her twisted world where they do I'm sure they do because the Alt left can do what ever she wants them to do.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 08:40:06 pm »
I still want to know what she thinks of as the regular (as in not "alt") left.

Oh, here's another instance of her intentionally misquoting Fox News in a story about transgender people:

https://disqus.com/home/channel/newsnetwork/discussion/channel-newsnetwork/miss_bumbums_first_transgender_contestants_spark_backlash/

Original version of the first sentence of the story:

Brazil’s infamous Miss Bumbum pageant is drumming up even more buzz than usual this year, as the entry of the competition’s first-ever transgender contestants is sparking rage among some participants.

And, we just KNOW she couldn't leave it like that, could she?  No, it becomes:

Brazil’s infamous Miss Bumbum pageant is drumming up even more buzz than usual this year, as the entry of the competition’s first-ever males (who want to be females) contestants is sparking rage among some participants.

And notice, her "correction" makes it grammatically wrong.  She should have either gotten rid of the word "contestants" or made the words "males" and "females" singular.  But I guess she cares more about her personal brand of political correctness than any of that.

(And now I kinda wanna know how their "bumbums" look.  LOL)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 09:53:57 pm by KingOfRhye »

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 10:14:41 pm »
I want to bring attention to this change in the article:

“As long as these (men) have undergone sex reassignment surgery, and (have attempted to) become fully women, there is nothing that prevents them from taking part. The truth is that, by the law, they are 100 percent men (presenting as women),” Miss Bumbum founder Cacau Oliver said.

Of course, the original just says "women". What I want to know is, by changing the quote, does this count as misrepresentation of what the author of the quote said, and could that legally be considered libel? Just curious. Obviously it's international here, but if she did that to someone domestically...
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 11:16:22 pm »
And notice, her "correction" makes it grammatically wrong.  She should have either gotten rid of the word "contestants" or made the words "males" and "females" singular.  But I guess she cares more about her personal brand of political correctness than any of that.

Well actually Fox News had "contestants is" so maybe a little slack or she could have used the "[sic]" notation.
Also, I object to Fox News' use of "infamous" personally I think "famous" would be just fine.

(And now I kinda wanna know how their "bumbums" look.  LOL)

go ahead google "Miss Bumbum" and then click images
WAIT this site allows links
https://www.google.com/search?q=Miss+Bumbum&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwils7X7l__aAhVPIqwKHaRrBlkQ_AUICygC&biw=1395&bih=1262

Addendum: If you are interested in outrage try:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6144658/outrage-over-miss-bumbum-barbie-with-authentic-brazilian-curves/
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 11:23:15 pm by Bob J. »
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 01:13:10 am »
And, we just KNOW she couldn't leave it like that, could she?  No, it becomes:

Brazil’s infamous Miss Bumbum pageant is drumming up even more buzz than usual this year, as the entry of the competition’s first-ever males (who want to be females) contestants is sparking rage among some participants.

The worst thing about that for me is that she makes the change and then continues to attribute it to Fox News, which is wrong.  She's made it more right wing than Fox News would ever dream of making it.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2018, 07:49:53 am »
Well actually Fox News had "contestants is" so maybe a little slack or she could have used the "[sic]"

I thought that the original wasn't a problem, because the line was "the entry of the competition’s first-ever transgender contestants is sparking rage."  So it's the "entry" (of the contestants) that "is", not "the contestants."  Her version says "males (who want to be females) contestants," and that just makes no fucking sense.  Damnit, if you're going to be an annoying transphobe, at least be a grammatically correct one!  LOL  [/grammarnazi]

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2018, 08:01:22 am »
go ahead google "Miss Bumbum" and then click images
WAIT this site allows links
https://www.google.com/search?q=Miss+Bumbum&rls=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwils7X7l__aAhVPIqwKHaRrBlkQ_AUICygC&biw=1395&bih=1262

Addendum: If you are interested in outrage try:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6144658/outrage-over-miss-bumbum-barbie-with-authentic-brazilian-curves/

There was even a Miss Bumbum China last year, who knew?  I think this requires further investigation.....yeah, that's it, investigation, yeah that's the ticket.... ;D

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 03:09:20 pm »
I think this requires further investigation.....yeah, that's it, investigation, yeah that's the ticket.... ;D
Cool. Maybe a Presidential Commission for the investigation. Title X funds available? Pruitt can advice us on travel arrangements.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi