Author Topic: Man shoots black kid cops do nothing  (Read 91090 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Man shoots black kid cops do nothing
« on: March 14, 2012, 12:26:01 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01oZP4gCtog" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01oZP4gCtog</a>
I'll be in my angry universe
« Last Edit: March 23, 2012, 03:22:36 pm by kefkaownsall »

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Re: White guy shoots black kid cops do nothing
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 01:55:20 am »
Saw this on FB. He was basically murdered for being black. Post-racist society my ass.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/03/13/trayvon-martin-sanford-state-attorney_n_1343223.html?ref=mostpopular

The police initially told Martin’s family that Zimmerman said he acted in self-defense and that his record was “squeaky-clean.” During a press conference on Monday, Sanford Police Chief Bill Lee echoed that his investigators were unaware of Zimmerman’s prior arrests.

But Zimmerman was arrested in 2005 on charges of resisting arrest. The charges in that case were dropped, according to county clerk records.

Members of the homeowner's association of The Retreat at Twin Lakes gated community, where the shooting occurred, told HuffPost that residents had made several complaints to police and the association about Zimmerman's aggressive tactics.

Squeaky clean, huh? Incompetent asses.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2012, 03:28:02 am »
I really cant see how this could possibly be anything other than murder. I cannot for the life of me think of any kind of action that would warrant lethal force as self defense. A 17 year old kid shot in the chest, unarmed and of light build, does not pose a threat to anyone.

Chances are Zimmerman accosted the boy, whole like any normal person told him to leave him alone so he could go home, and was shot for "trying to get away" or something. Stories like this are just plain disgusting.

Personally I don't know who I am more upset about, the racist psycho who killed the kid, or the police for doing nothing to said racist psycho.

Offline DasFuchs

• God
  • Ruler of his own little world since 1977
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2012, 04:38:10 am »
Here's the account of the incident
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/03/stand-your-ground-and-trayvon-martin/254444/

Whether his life was in danger, I don't know. He certainly must have been getting his ass kicked. But, he was the aggressor in the instance and should be at least taken to trial for inciting this incident
"To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of weird sandwich. Not some nut that takes on two Tigers!" "You gotta hit'em point blank in the ass!" Oddball

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 07:00:30 am »
Here's the account of the incident
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/archive/2012/03/stand-your-ground-and-trayvon-martin/254444/

Whether his life was in danger, I don't know. He certainly must have been getting his ass kicked. But, he was the aggressor in the instance and should be at least taken to trial for inciting this incident
Important to note the kid was 100 pounds lighter and had in his pocket skittles

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 07:45:36 am »
No witnesses, so you have to take the shooter’s word? Since when?

Witnesses are the most fucking unreliable evidence there is!
-A Pen Name

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 07:51:12 am »

At least bring it to trial

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 08:04:18 am »

Here's the thing: he should be going to trial right now. Even if it truly was self-defense, it's up to the courts to say if he was guilty of murder, not the police, and the fact that he hasn't been arrested yet is very suspicious.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 08:19:58 am »

Here's the thing: he should be going to trial right now. Even if it truly was self-defense, it's up to the courts to say if he was guilty of murder, not the police, and the fact that he hasn't been arrested yet is very suspicious.
Not to mention his record completely contradicts the assertion that it was a clean record

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 08:37:47 am »

Yes it is.  So far the district attorney has not brought charges and they wont unless then think they can get a conviction.  With no witnesses and the fact that there was an altercation I doubt they would.   
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 09:05:03 am »

Yes it is.  So far the district attorney has not brought charges and they wont unless then think they can get a conviction.  With no witnesses and the fact that there was an altercation I doubt they would.
Lets agree the cops are racist. 

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 09:09:34 am »

How so?
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

QueenofHearts

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 09:15:58 am »

How so?

I really hope you're not being serious.

Assuming you are, do you think for a minute that if a 28 year old black man with an arrest record shot a 140 pound white child in the chest (armed only with skittles and arizona iced tea) that the cops would let him go?

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 09:38:22 am »
I really cant see how this could possibly be anything other than murder. I cannot for the life of me think of any kind of action that would warrant lethal force as self defense.

Castle Doctrine. Although the exact details of the doctrine vary from state to state, the basic idea is that there is no requirement to retreat in your "homestead." The most commonly heard example is being allowed to shoot the unarmed person who broke into your home and is robbing you.

(1) A person is presumed to have held a reasonable fear of imminent peril of death or great bodily harm to himself or herself or another when using defensive force that is intended or likely to cause death or great bodily harm to another if:

(a) The person against whom the defensive force was used was in the process of unlawfully and forcefully entering, or had unlawfully and forcibly entered, a dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle, . . . ; and

(b) The person who uses defensive force knew or had reason to believe that an unlawful and forcible entry or unlawful and forcible act was occurring or had occurred.
Fla. Stat. § 776.013 (2012)

Hmm... That's a stretch. A really big stretch. Yeah, OK, too much of a stretch.

Agreed. Police only need reasonable suspicion to arrest. The only reason I can think of (other than the obvious racism) is that the police have an erroneous assumption of what the Castle Doctrine means and think this scenario fits in it. (That isn't an unreasonable assumption. As I said, the doctrine varies from state to state, and some states are very lenient. My Criminal Law professor - who practiced in Texas - said that there was a case where a guy fell under the Castle Doctrine after he chased the burglar down the block and shot the burglar at the edge of his property.)

I cannot figure out why the State Attorney's Office isn't pursuing charges. At a minimum, why not empanel a Grand Jury and let them decide.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 11:57:41 am »
with the doctrine even this is pushing t as the kid was not on his property and it was not a formal neighborhood watch