Author Topic: Dianic schism over transgender issues (also potential FSTDT goldmine)  (Read 9652 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Dianic schism over transgender issues (also potential FSTDT goldmine)
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2012, 11:25:36 am »
I've just lost all respect for Z. Budapest! Trans-Women are WOMEN! The bitch!

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2012, 12:02:39 pm »
As a Pagan, I would just like to say that I do NOT in any way, shape, or form, share any of the sexist views held by Dianic Wicca. In fact, I am disgusted by those views, and apparent attempts to rise women up as being ABOVE men, when the true purpose of Paganism is to find a balance. How can they say that they are in any way balanced when they are trying to make men out to be second class citizens? And what the hell ever happened to accepting others decisions in regards to their own bodies?

I have never met a Dianic Wiccan in real life, and at this point I hope it stays that way... because if one starts telling me I should be 'thankful I was born a woman and not a man', I'll flat out tell her that at least once a month, I wish I HAD been born a man, and would make no secret of how disgusted I am with their views!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2012, 02:31:47 pm »
Most Wiccans don't share the views of Dianic Wicca.  Dianic Wicca is essentially a big black spot on Paganism.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 03:12:51 pm »
Even as a ShaktaPagan, I'm not going to dump on guys! Shiva is still vital to Shakti & vice versa!

Offline DharmicDalek

• Neonate
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 09:53:03 pm »
Even as a ShaktaPagan, I'm not going to dump on guys! Shiva is still vital to Shakti & vice versa!

Ooooooh, what is Shakta Paganism? I worship Kali Ma, but I identify as a Hindu. Please please please tell me  all about it <3

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2012, 10:57:29 am »

Ooooooh, what is Shakta Paganism? I worship Kali Ma, but I identify as a Hindu. Please please please tell me  all about it <3

Well, I don't belong to any group or tradition. That's just how I describe myself.
However, if you'd like, here's some links that might give you some ideas. I can't really explain it here.

http://www.sharanya.org/

http://indopaganproject.tripod.com/

There's not a lot of Indopagan stuff out there, though.

Offline DharmicDalek

• Neonate
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2012, 09:24:31 pm »
Oh, wow. I remember that second website teaching me how to do Japa way back when. Any path that brings us closer to the Goddess, in Shakta, is good and useful; more power to you!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2012, 12:53:57 am »
Oh, wow. I remember that second website teaching me how to do Japa way back when. Any path that brings us closer to the Goddess, in Shakta, is good and useful; more power to you!

Thanx!

Shakti-Shiva is Awesomesauce!

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2012, 02:20:13 am »
That's the beauty of systems like Wicca: you can worship whatever the hell combination you please. :)

I'm even classified as a Wiccatru by some of the more hardcore reconstructionist/old school Norse pagans. :)
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2012, 04:41:18 pm »
That's the beauty of systems like Wicca: you can worship whatever the hell combination you please. :)

I'm even classified as a Wiccatru by some of the more hardcore reconstructionist/old school Norse pagans. :)

I'm starting to feel a connection to Thor, and wondering if Diana is the jealous type.  >.>
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!