Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2071524 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #4965 on: August 28, 2013, 11:21:34 pm »
Oh God. I tried this Samuel Adams Hazel Brown. It may be popular, but goddamn it tastes like crap. It's got a horrible, bitter hazelnut taste that overpowers everything. I'm regretting ever opening this bottle.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4966 on: August 28, 2013, 11:26:07 pm »
Oh God. I tried this Samuel Adams Hazel Brown. It may be popular, but goddamn it tastes like crap. It's got a horrible, bitter hazelnut taste that overpowers everything. I'm regretting ever opening this bottle.

There's beer that ISN'T an affront to both one's sense of taste and smell?  Colour me surprised.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #4967 on: August 28, 2013, 11:31:22 pm »
1st day of law school, and I'm not kidding, my laptop breaks! Like what are the odds?

Maybe for the best, I got a new one with cool bells and whistles that will probably help me in the long run.
Going by my laptop, 1:1,000,000,000,000,000,000 broken:not broken.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4968 on: August 28, 2013, 11:35:55 pm »

Is this a thing with Sam Adams, because I tired a Sam Adams once a couple of years ago, and it was gross.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4969 on: August 28, 2013, 11:56:54 pm »
I'm going to be on campus for a full hour before my first class starts, and I'll probably run into my ex again. Speaking from past experience, (of running into my ex) I would rather truthfully explain to my parents why I have a cactus up my ass.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #4970 on: August 29, 2013, 12:26:38 am »

Is this a thing with Sam Adams, because I tired a Sam Adams once a couple of years ago, and it was gross.

My dad likes Sam Adams but I can't stand it. Then again I'm that goober who generally only drinks imported. lol

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4971 on: August 29, 2013, 12:41:40 am »
I've had relatively decent stuff from them. The Octoberfest isn't bad (even though it's supposed to be a Marzen pale lager and it drinks and looks more like a light ale), and the Ruby Mild is a bit lesser compared to it. The Boston Beer Company makes so many different beers that you need to generally try each one that looks interesting to see how it tastes.

I actually just dumped the rest of the bottle in the sink. It was undrinkable because of how horribly overpowering the hazel was. I don't feel bad about it, since I'm literally the only beer drinker in the house and my one friend who drinks Sam Adams prefers Octoberfest.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4972 on: August 29, 2013, 04:21:02 am »
The two different brands of beer that I've tasted have tasted like liquid bread that's been pissed in.

I really don't get the appeal, or why anyone would want to acquire that taste in the first place.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #4973 on: August 29, 2013, 04:27:54 am »
Well, to be honest, I don't like alcohol, period. I just don't see the appeal it has in any way.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4974 on: August 29, 2013, 04:33:28 am »
I like certain wines.

...Yes, the lower class brat has inappropriately fine tastes.  I'm aware of the irony, too.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4975 on: August 29, 2013, 09:28:26 am »
I liked most of the beers I've tried, though I'm more into cocktails.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #4976 on: August 29, 2013, 11:39:48 am »
Lurking one blog on Tumblr because most of that person's interests are relevant to mine, but I have one problem with this person: You better not be one of those assholes who think it's okay to discriminate against whites and cis-people just because there are those people to discriminate against non-whites and trans-people. I'm both white and cis, and I'm not one of those wastes of sperm and ovum who thinks it's okay to discriminate against non-whites and trans-people.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #4977 on: August 29, 2013, 12:04:55 pm »
The two different brands of beer that I've tasted have tasted like liquid bread that's been pissed in.

I really don't get the appeal, or why anyone would want to acquire that taste in the first place.

I love beer and I can't really explain why I do.  I just like the taste. 
Maybe it's a physical thing akin to how some people can smell cyanide and others can't.  *shrugs*

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #4978 on: August 29, 2013, 03:55:21 pm »
Lurking one blog on Tumblr because most of that person's interests are relevant to mine, but I have one problem with this person: You better not be one of those assholes who think it's okay to discriminate against whites and cis-people just because there are those people to discriminate against non-whites and trans-people. I'm both white and cis, and I'm not one of those wastes of sperm and ovum who thinks it's okay to discriminate against non-whites and trans-people.
Oh, THOSE people. :/

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #4979 on: August 29, 2013, 04:06:49 pm »
Our company has always pushed for customer service above all else (though of course, we have no excuse for not finishing our work).  And we've been doing excellently in both sales and customer service.  But recently, the regional director walked into one store in his region, and after getting ignore for 15 minutes, decided to take matters in his own hands.

Now, not only are they cracking they whip on us as far as CS is concerned, but they recently warned us that they'd be watching the security monirtors, and we'll be told in no uncertain terms if we miss anyone.

Okay, I understand pushing CS, but I've been in an environment before, and all it does is create an air of paranoia.  so we'll be written up if we miss one customer because we're short-handed and busy helping three others (and didn't see the 4th one)?  If we greet the customer but they don't see it, will we get chewed out anyway? 

What makes this complete bullshit is the store that did this is 90 miles away!  Also, it's right on the edge of the region but in an area where a lot of stores are like that (I used to work in that area).  So stores within 5 miles get off without a second glance, but we (who keep getting perfect results in our customer satisfaction surveys and secret shopper reports) get slammed for something done three cities away!

I'm at the point where I just want to sprain my ankle and take a few weeks off.  Why the fuck should I bust my ass if i'm going to get chew out for something that happened on the other side of the state?
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"