Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2073799 times)

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #5550 on: October 01, 2013, 10:34:15 pm »
I got talked into going (read: dragged kicking and screaming) to a youth group meeting.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5551 on: October 01, 2013, 10:45:32 pm »
I got talked into going (read: dragged kicking and screaming) to a youth group meeting.

(kitteh)

Let me guess: Hi, this is my daughter, Satan told her she was a boy, please Jesus her into changing her mind.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 10:47:18 pm by Random Guy »

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #5552 on: October 01, 2013, 10:58:57 pm »

(kitteh)

Let me guess: Hi, this is my daughter, Satan told her she was a boy, please Jesus her into changing her mind.
Give the fish a Kewpie doll. The church elders tried to anoint my head with oil to cast out the demon of confusion. I told them that if they got that porcelain anointer-thing anywhere near my head I'd grind it into dust and scatter it to the wind.
Long Live The Queen.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5553 on: October 02, 2013, 12:27:32 am »
Awesome... Be careful though, they may tie you down and try a full-on exorcism. 

Were all this fuss made at me, it'd be hard for me NOT to act all possessed and such around 'holy' items and liturgy.   Oooh, I'd be so frikkin' tempted.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #5554 on: October 02, 2013, 12:28:26 am »
The next person to bring up GMO or weed while others are discussing the Shutdown will get milk tea in their face. Like can you focus on the topic that's at hand? I swear, there is a time and place for those discussion, but people feel the need to bring them up everywhere.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #5555 on: October 02, 2013, 12:31:37 am »
The next person to bring up GMO or weed while others are discussing the Shutdown will get milk tea in their face. Like can you focus on the topic that's at hand? I swear, there is a time and place for those discussion, but people feel the need to bring them up everywhere.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

"Weed" bolded because I see more of that than on Genetically Modified Foods, in fact I've seen nothing on GMOs yet.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5556 on: October 02, 2013, 12:34:01 am »

Were all this fuss made at me, it'd be hard for me NOT to act all possessed and such around 'holy' items and liturgy.   Oooh, I'd be so frikkin' tempted.

That's always a great idea. When crazy fundies start trying to perform weird rituals, just start pretending that you've been possessed and go nuts.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
« Reply #5557 on: October 02, 2013, 12:46:58 am »

That's always a great idea. When crazy fundies start trying to perform weird rituals, just start pretending that you've been possessed and go nuts.
I think that would be counterproductive... Unless I did the act and then dissolved into hysterical hyena laughter at the thought of their Magikal Sky-Daddy bullshit doing anything whatsoever. *Urdnot Grunt voice* Heh heh heh.
Long Live The Queen.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #5558 on: October 02, 2013, 01:17:51 am »
"Oh, damn, no government today. America's a lawless wasteland now. I'll just go back to bed and smoke a Mary now. No laws against Mary Jane anymore. Green Day."

Shit like this on Tumblr.

How do I federal law?

I mean, Washington has legalized recreational marijuana, but what people forget is that it's still technically illegal here under federal law. It's just that the federal government has decided to stop enforcing it here for now. If they choose to enforce that law again, then they can trump state law because federal law is superior.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

"Weed" bolded because I see more of that than on Genetically Modified Foods, in fact I've seen nothing on GMOs yet.

I've noticed that a lot of "messianic potheads," as I like to call them, derail practically all political conversations into the War on Drugs and weed. These people also tend to defend weed like it's just a harmless herb, like it's broccoli or something. Or they advertise how much they smoke weed everywhere because they want to show the Man (TM) how rebellious they are.

(click to show/hide)

As for anti-GMO people on Tumblr, these tend to be the same gullible idiots who reblog shit about how radiation from Fukushima is supposedly reaching the West Coast of the US, how you can stop the police from following you by dialing a certain number, and think MLK was assassinated by the US government (and have dubious conspiracy theorist blog sources to back it up).
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5559 on: October 02, 2013, 01:27:19 am »

I think that would be counterproductive... Unless I did the act and then dissolved into hysterical hyena laughter at the thought of their Magikal Sky-Daddy bullshit doing anything whatsoever. *Urdnot Grunt voice* Heh heh heh.

Considering how fundies like to point to descriptions and videos of exorcisms to claim that "oh yeah, that guy was screaming satanic noises everywhere the whole time DEMONS ARE REAL" I would suggest acting as calm and clear-headed as possible if it comes to that. Do not give the fundies more reason to believe this stuff is actually doing anything.

I've noticed that a lot of "messianic potheads," as I like to call them, derail practically all political conversations into the War on Drugs and weed. These people also tend to defend weed like it's just a harmless herb, like it's broccoli or something. Or they advertise how much they smoke weed everywhere because they want to show the Man (TM) how rebellious they are.
Some of them actually claim marijuana is good for one's health. It destroys your lungs just like smoking anything else does.

As for anti-GMO people on Tumblr, these tend to be the same gullible idiots who reblog shit about how radiation from Fukushima is supposedly reaching the West Coast of the US, how you can stop the police from following you by dialing a certain number, and think MLK was assassinated by the US government (and have dubious conspiracy theorist blog sources to back it up).

And chemtrails, and FEMA concentration camps, and fluoridated water being mind control.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5560 on: October 02, 2013, 01:31:15 am »

DO EEET!

Quote from: Random Guy
Considering how fundies like to point to descriptions and videos of exorcisms to claim that "oh yeah, that guy was screaming satanic noises everywhere the whole time DEMONS ARE REAL" I would suggest acting as calm and clear-headed as possible if it comes to that. Do not give the fundies more reason to believe this stuff is actually doing anything.

Awww... that's no fun. :(

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #5561 on: October 02, 2013, 02:08:45 am »

They don't NEED reason to believe in it. They already believe it, which is good enough for them. If it doesn't work, they find ways to justify it ("We weren't strong enough!" or "He wasn't really possessed!"). You may as well have some fun with it.

Especially if you fake the possession, but also fake that the exorcism doesn't work. Just stay in character as the demon for as long as possible and watch as they freak the fuck out.

And if they pull out shotguns in their terror, you are now legally justified in shooting them.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #5562 on: October 02, 2013, 03:05:40 am »
Pick a demon from Ars Goetia or something.  They have some cool ones in there.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5563 on: October 02, 2013, 07:51:06 am »
Why can I only access a couple sites? I want to check my email but am limited to here and facebook, apparently. Fantastic.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #5564 on: October 02, 2013, 04:18:36 pm »

How do I federal law?

I mean, Washington has legalized recreational marijuana, but what people forget is that it's still technically illegal here under federal law. It's just that the federal government has decided to stop enforcing it here for now. If they choose to enforce that law again, then they can trump state law because federal law is superior.

(click to show/hide)

Well, since we're talking about weed...

Prohibition didn't work, and the War on Drugs won't work either (unless success means it benefits the prison industry, in which case it's doing a great job.) I see the federal prohibition on any substance as fundamentally unjust, and cannabis in particular because it's harmless.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.