Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2069696 times)

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #7245 on: April 29, 2014, 05:36:10 pm »
There is no way that you can possibly positively compare the 1980s to the 1990s because of three little words.

Ronald Wilson Fucking Reagan.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7246 on: April 29, 2014, 05:40:08 pm »
Of course, every decade has its share of bad music.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #7247 on: April 29, 2014, 06:02:45 pm »
Yeah, but we also had the best music.  80's hair metal can go straight to hell.
The decade also had some unbearably shitty music.  You probably just don't remember it.

Nope, I simply choose to ignore it.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #7248 on: April 29, 2014, 06:59:56 pm »
UP, how old are you, if you don't mind my asking?

And Rav: I envy you. Most of my childhood and early adolescence took place in the 90s, so all of the awful pop music is seared into my memory. I still remember my friends going insane over 98º and O-Town, two bands that I honestly believe were worse than Bieber.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #7249 on: April 29, 2014, 07:01:03 pm »
I'm 34.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #7250 on: April 29, 2014, 07:07:20 pm »
Then you remember the Ace of Base years. My condolences.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #7251 on: April 29, 2014, 09:04:04 pm »
Ace of Base were my generation's ABBA just without the enduring attraction or talent.

But 90s music especially Regurgitator, Tool and Nirvana have an enduring place in my heart, mainly because I was teenager during the 90s and the music you listen to then has a deep and lasting impression. Funnily enough I like more dancey music these days.

One thing I miss is that there doesn't seem to be any modern great exponents of the electric guitar. The most recent one that springs to mine is Slash from Guns N Roses.

Jimi Hendrix was well before my time but the man was so good on the guitar that they even let him sing, and he couldnt sing for shit.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #7252 on: April 29, 2014, 09:39:52 pm »
Ace of Base were my generation's ABBA just without the enduring attraction or talent.

But 90s music especially Regurgitator, Tool and Nirvana have an enduring place in my heart, mainly because I was teenager during the 90s and the music you listen to then has a deep and lasting impression. Funnily enough I like more dancey music these days.

One thing I miss is that there doesn't seem to be any modern great exponents of the electric guitar. The most recent one that springs to mine is Slash from Guns N Roses.

Jimi Hendrix was well before my time but the man was so good on the guitar that they even let him sing, and he couldnt sing for shit.

No denying that the 90s was great for the rock & alternative genres. I'm mostly just bitter because the local stations were dedicated mainly to country, pop, limp dick soft rock, and pop rock at the time. You might get the odd Matthew Good Band, Foo Fighters, or OLP song playing, but if you really wanted to delve into the alternative genre, you had to rely on overpriced CDs -- not exactly a fun prospect for a kid/young teen with a $10 monthly allowance.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #7253 on: April 29, 2014, 09:42:00 pm »
The price difference is massive these days for a kid with the internet they can basically get any music they like for almost nothing.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #7254 on: April 29, 2014, 09:48:22 pm »
Or just go on Youtube or any of the various internet radio stations.

I remember shelling out $20+ for CDs that had maybe 4 songs I liked, if I was lucky. Cassettes were around $12-$15, but if it couldn't be used in your discman, it was worthless.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #7255 on: April 29, 2014, 09:58:43 pm »
I'm getting sick of all these 90s kids insisting it was the best decade to be alive?  Yeah, remember Waco?  The Oklahoma City Bombing?  The Yugoslav Wars?  The Rwandan Genocide?  Columbine?  Somali refugees?  Jeffery Dahmer?  The LA riots?

But...remember the 90s? The 90s were so much better.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pa6SGYWADU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pa6SGYWADU</a>
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #7256 on: April 29, 2014, 10:07:37 pm »
I forgot about Green Day - I fucking hate Green Day almost as much as I hated Sugar Ray. But isn't Good Charlotte equally shitty like Green Day?

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #7257 on: April 29, 2014, 10:30:15 pm »
I dont get 90s kids. I find the attitude uninteresting
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7258 on: April 30, 2014, 12:57:24 am »
Being sick. Specifically the kind that results in a painfully sore throat. Case in point, my throat feels like it's covered in sandpaper, it hurts to swallow my own saliva and I'm starting to get really fucking hungry. I know I'm probably going to have to eat by the end of the day, or perhaps tomorrow morning at the very latest, and yet I know it's going to feel like taking a belt sander to the inside of my own throat.

I get the feeling this would be really handy if I were dieting right now. As it stand now, though, it's really not.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7259 on: April 30, 2014, 01:24:54 am »
Being sick. Specifically the kind that results in a painfully sore throat. Case in point, my throat feels like it's covered in sandpaper, it hurts to swallow my own saliva and I'm starting to get really fucking hungry. I know I'm probably going to have to eat by the end of the day, or perhaps tomorrow morning at the very latest, and yet I know it's going to feel like taking a belt sander to the inside of my own throat.

I get the feeling this would be really handy if I were dieting right now. As it stand now, though, it's really not.

Is this gonna end in diarrhea, or...
Still can't think of a signature a year later.