Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2076856 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #8580 on: February 14, 2015, 02:44:20 am »
Nothing seems to be working, and my boyfriend cant get it through his thick skull that if something doesnt work, it just wont work.
Sounds like a personal problem.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #8581 on: February 14, 2015, 10:46:51 am »
I've got a nasty cough that's not going away anytime soon thanks to my binder. Goddamnit.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #8582 on: February 16, 2015, 01:11:00 pm »
The cold water upstairs stopped working.  The hot water runs, but the cold water, the toilet, and shower won't work.  And it's just the upstairs; all the water downstairs works fine.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #8583 on: February 16, 2015, 06:32:40 pm »
Well, at least you know then that it's a problem with the pipes and not something further down the line.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8584 on: February 17, 2015, 03:57:40 am »
My computer is acting up. I had installed a free anti-virus program and it came with a flood of malware and something must have gone with the bathwater as I tried to uninstall it.

...My computer will only function in the safe mode and even then there is stuff that just won't work. (And there are ADS EVERYWHERE even though I have adblock and whenever I open the browser my homepage has been changed to something else...)

I am going to have to send the computer to a shop to get fixed...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8585 on: February 17, 2015, 04:11:12 am »
Sounds like it came with a shitload of adware. If you Google the name of the program, chances are very high that someone has written a guide for all the adware it dumps onto your system as well as how to get rid of it. Failing that, downloading and running Adware Removal Tool and Junkware Removal Tool should go a long way to getting rid of at least most of the adware.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8586 on: February 17, 2015, 09:17:50 am »
Sounds like it came with a shitload of adware. If you Google the name of the program, chances are very high that someone has written a guide for all the adware it dumps onto your system as well as how to get rid of it. Failing that, downloading and running Adware Removal Tool and Junkware Removal Tool should go a long way to getting rid of at least most of the adware.
I tried that and ...it appears to have done the trick.

At least I managed to start the computer without safe mode and it works. I will wait and see if it still works if I have to reboot it. Yay?!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8587 on: February 17, 2015, 10:33:59 am »
Get AVG internet security. Even the free version is pretty damn good. The paid version is worth it. I've set mine to do a complete PC scan every hour in the background, and it does real time screening of every webpage and email I click.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #8588 on: February 19, 2015, 11:33:49 am »
I got my car back from the shop yesterday after getting the transmission rebuilt. On the way home, a stone from the pickup in front of my flew out and cracked my windshield.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8589 on: February 23, 2015, 07:00:38 pm »
Market forces have caught up with the coffee they serve at the student union and now its quality reflects its price. Which is to say, it's awful.

My tastebuds, my wallet, and my need to not fall asleep in class are now in conflict.
Σא

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8590 on: February 23, 2015, 07:51:13 pm »
Market forces have caught up with the coffee they serve at the student union and now its quality reflects its price. Which is to say, it's awful.

My tastebuds, my wallet, and my need to not fall asleep in class are now in conflict.

Can you get and/or use a cheap coffee maker?  Even cheap-o store-brand coffee is fairly good compared to some of the...unpleasantness I've gotten from coffee shops.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8591 on: February 23, 2015, 07:57:40 pm »
I can make cheap coffee of acceptable quality at home, but I have no practical way to get it to class warm. Should look into that.
Σא

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8592 on: February 23, 2015, 08:01:49 pm »
Aaaaah.  I dunno how it is around there, but I found a decent-quality thermos at Walmart here for around $20.  Kept my coffee piping hot for damn near 8 hours.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #8593 on: February 23, 2015, 10:44:39 pm »
Good news: I can start my computer again!

Bad news: I now require a steak knife to do it.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #8594 on: February 23, 2015, 11:02:52 pm »
Good news: I can start my computer again!

Bad news: I now require a steak knife to do it.

I've been using coins for the past several years. Too lazy to get a soft power switch.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.