Author Topic: Vox Day: I don't put women in video games.  (Read 8607 times)

Offline gomer21xx

• Pope
  • Squick responsibly!
    • RT Gomer Productions
Re: Vox Day: I don't put women in video games.
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2014, 01:58:31 am »
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.

I read that line to my girlfriend, who then proceeded to laugh her ass off.

Totally sigged. =P

More to the topic, if someone wants to make a game with only male characters, that's fine.  Whatever.  But the moment you open your mouth to try and justify it beyond something benign, such as, "I just felt like it", then that's when you need to take a step back and examine your brain meats.
I'm looking for patrons!  How can you help?  Check out my Patreon page! =)

As always, you can catch my podcasts and videos at RT Gomer Productions!

Quote from: TheL
I've seen so many tits, they've blended into one enormous mega boob!

Quote from: The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist
Dude, when Vox Day was born, he shot out the hospital window and over an entire tank of sharks.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2014, 02:03:55 am »
Trolls and Goblins but no women huh?

Ironbite-oh look I think Vox has jumped the shark.

I'm pretty sure he jumped the shark when he said women getting jobs was worse than rape.

Or maybe he jumped the shark right before he started blogging.

He jumped the shark when the obstetrician said "It's a boy!".

He was conceived when a shark handler accidentally shot himself through the balls with a spear gun and hit a woman on the other side of the tank in the uterus.
Not even close.

Vox doesn't just jump the shark.
Vox goes beyond that.
His entire existence has been that of jumping the shark. Every nano-second for billions of years Vox has gone over that shark. He no longer feels the pain even. His mind is beyond fear, boredom, or pain. Over the aeons his conciseness has molded into that brief few seconds of Space-time. He is that jump. His mind has bonded itself with the very concept "Jumping the Shark". He has become part of every time a good TV show failed, every bad M Night Shyamalan twist. All of that was vox. But this wasn't enough, no, it spread its tendrils further. It created a blasphemous abomination to demonstrate all it was or will ever be: a loathsome, slimey blob of flesh and jiggling fat. This Disgusting projection of it's idiotic image is what has been forced upon are minds today.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 11:48:31 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #32 on: February 23, 2014, 02:09:09 am »

I'm pretty sure he jumped the shark when he said women getting jobs was worse than rape.

He was conceived when a shark handler accidentally shot himself through the balls with a spear gun and hit a woman on the other side of the tank in the uterus.
He has existed in a time loop of jumping over a shark, all his posts are merely reflections of his mind.
And what a frightening mind that is...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2014, 03:02:32 am »

Not even close.

Vox doesn't just jump the shark.
Vox goes beyond that.
His entire existence has been that of jumping the shark. Every nano-second for billions of years Vox has gone over that shark. He no longer feels the pain even. His mind is beyond fear, boredom, or pain. His conciseness has molded into that brief few seconds of Space-time. He is that jump. His mind has bonded itself with the very concept "Jumping the Shark". Every time we think we see someone jump the shark it is only a brief reflection of his conciseness.     

Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2014, 04:01:03 am »

I read that line to my girlfriend, who then proceeded to laugh her ass off.

Totally sigged. =P

More to the topic, if someone wants to make a game with only male characters, that's fine.  Whatever.  But the moment you open your mouth to try and justify it beyond something benign, such as, "I just felt like it", then that's when you need to take a step back and examine your brain meats.

There's plenty of games with zero female characters. The original Penumbra, for instance, has exactly one character in the game other than the protagonist, and both are male. Amnesia is the same; in fact, quite a few "lone person fighting for survival" horror games have exclusively male characters simply because there aren't enough characters for a gender imbalance to become noticeable.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

shykid

« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2014, 01:37:00 pm »
For some strange reason, a world with orcs, goblins, and suchlike is just a leeeetle more unrealistic than a world with warriors of a female persuasion. But, you know, that might just be my crazy feminist self.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #36 on: February 23, 2014, 04:55:01 pm »
What is really funny is that whenever you do read about real females in combat they are ridiculously badass over the top warriors who make their male counterparts look pretty bland by comparison. Every female soldier I have heard mentioned seems to be a hero and not just cannon fodder filling the ranks the way the vast majority of male soldiers are. Perhaps it is just the way we have chosen to portray history (by spicing stories up a bit and only mentioning the heros) or maybe it is because there were so few that only the very cream of the crop -- the 1% that were naturally heros -- got to fight. Either way their stories tend to closely mirror the super soldier overcoming incredible odds archetype present in a lot of video games and any game that is going to use the group of heros on a quest trope really should be including female characters if they want to be 'realistic.'

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #37 on: February 23, 2014, 06:30:45 pm »

I am a game designer. I am designing and producing a game that does not, and will not, have a single female character in it. This is not because I am misogynistic. This is not because I do not women to play the game. This is because putting women in the game makes no sense, violates the principle of the suspension of disbelief, and will not make the game any better as a game.

I am the lead designer of First Sword, a combat management game. The game has orcs and men, elves and dwarves. It has goblins and trolls. But it has no women.

Oh my God.  I know where I've heard something a lot like this before.

FATAL claims to be "the most difficult, detailed, realistic and historically/mythically accurate role-playing game available."

Is FATAL Misogynist?

No.  The focus of this game is not intended to foster hatred toward females.  However, the game attempts to portray females as is accurate in history.

Yeah, the RPG with the rape on every page and the Anal Circumference Tables.  Vox is using the same "defense" as Byron Hall's celebration of masturbatory misogyny.

Congrats, Vox!  You're in the company of your peers!

(Link to the definitive review of FATAL.  Not sanity safe.  You have been warned:
http://www.rpg.net/reviews/archive/14/14567.phtml )
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

shykid

« Reply #38 on: February 23, 2014, 09:54:01 pm »
Anal Circumference Tables.

Every time I hear something about FATAL, it somehow manages to outdo itself and sound even worse.

Is FATAL Misogynist?

No.

It's "not misogynist" only in the contrived sense that if you're bigoted against everyone, then you loop back around the scale and become an ironic sort of equal-opportunity misanthrope.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 09:58:40 pm by shy »

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #39 on: February 23, 2014, 10:05:59 pm »
Wow... I wonder if Vox is in any way related to Hall? 

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #40 on: February 23, 2014, 10:20:12 pm »

Every time I hear something about FATAL, it somehow manages to outdo itself and sound even worse.

A while back, a friend and I decided to design characters using the FATAL gamebook for shits and giggles. It included such things as vaginal depth and elasticity (to calculate whether or not a rape would tear you open), the shape, length and size of your nipples and areola (which influenced how attractive you are), penis length and girth (again, to calculate whether you'd tear someone open while raping them), and so on. There was also this whole complicated die roll for the likelihood of surviving a rape, with all kinds of crazy modifiers. We made it about half way through, which took well over an hour, before giving up.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #41 on: February 23, 2014, 11:47:11 pm »

A while back, a friend and I decided to design characters using the FATAL gamebook for shits and giggles. It included such things as vaginal depth and elasticity (to calculate whether or not a rape would tear you open), the shape, length and size of your nipples and areola (which influenced how attractive you are), penis length and girth (again, to calculate whether you'd tear someone open while raping them), and so on. There was also this whole complicated die roll for the likelihood of surviving a rape, with all kinds of crazy modifiers. We made it about half way through, which took well over an hour, before giving up.

...Everytime I hear about FATAL there is one horrible bit or other that gets my attention and I want to complain about that. (Such as wondering how specific it is to make the shape of your nipples affect attractivenes... Is it always or only when the nipples are visible? If they take such small details and make them affect stats does that mean that the chargen is SO specific? It really must take ages to do ANYTHING in the game...) But then I'm reminded that the bits before and after that are just as bad and really, it would be faster to say which parts of the game aren't horrible or just wrong.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #42 on: February 23, 2014, 11:54:55 pm »
It's all pretty terrible. You can find a copy of the guide here, if you want to give it a go: http://web.archive.org/web/20040413024415/http://www.hyperbooks.com/fatal/fatal.pdf (NSFW due to some... interesting illustrations).

Edit: Decided to create a F.A.T.A.L. character for the hell of it. Thus far, I'm a 36-year-old female human who is 5'5" and 119lbs. I have tan skin; thick, curly, oily blonde hair that reaches my upper back; small blue eyes; and no deformities. I have C-cup breasts with medium coloured, 1" areolas and 1/4" nipples. My vaginal circumference potential is 6-8", and its depth potential is 5.9 inches. My anal circumference potential is 5-6", depth potential is 8.3". My tongue is 2" long. My most attractive feature is my voice, and my least attractive feature are my lips.

I'd do more, but I'm getting sick of this.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 12:41:12 am by The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #43 on: February 24, 2014, 11:04:01 am »
It's all pretty terrible. You can find a copy of the guide here, if you want to give it a go: http://web.archive.org/web/20040413024415/http://www.hyperbooks.com/fatal/fatal.pdf (NSFW due to some... interesting illustrations).

Edit: Decided to create a F.A.T.A.L. character for the hell of it. Thus far, I'm a 36-year-old female human who is 5'5" and 119lbs. I have tan skin; thick, curly, oily blonde hair that reaches my upper back; small blue eyes; and no deformities. I have C-cup breasts with medium coloured, 1" areolas and 1/4" nipples. My vaginal circumference potential is 6-8", and its depth potential is 5.9 inches. My anal circumference potential is 5-6", depth potential is 8.3". My tongue is 2" long. My most attractive feature is my voice, and my least attractive feature are my lips.

Instead of being really anal about specific measurements, why don't they just rate them on a scale from 1 to 10?

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #44 on: February 24, 2014, 02:10:59 pm »

Instead of being really anal about specific measurements, why don't they just rate them on a scale from 1 to 10?

So you don't want them to be anal about their anal measurements?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov