Author Topic: Star Wars thread  (Read 35986 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Star Wars thread
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2015, 04:47:14 pm »
Read the X-Wing series and fall in love with my bae.

Ironbite-Wedge Antillies.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2015, 04:59:48 pm »
Also, basically anything written by Timothy Zahn. Thrawn is the greatest Star Wars villain ever.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #47 on: December 08, 2015, 06:49:36 pm »
You know what I think Harrison Ford likes more than killing off Solo? getting paid, son. I'll be pleasantly surprised if the new films have the balls to off any of the old guard.
The guy's old and already loaded. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants his character killed off as quickly as possible so he has less work to do.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #48 on: December 09, 2015, 06:15:43 am »
Also, basically anything written by Timothy Zahn. Thrawn is the greatest Star Wars villain ever.

The book, Aftermath, mentions a Fleet Admiral who is reassembling Imperial forces just outside the galaxy in the time following the Battle of Endor.  They don't go into detail with him, but his demeanor seems awfully familiar.   I wonder if this character will show up in Ep 8, and if so, will he be a very-familiar character.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2015, 05:29:33 pm »
You know what I think Harrison Ford likes more than killing off Solo? getting paid, son. I'll be pleasantly surprised if the new films have the balls to off any of the old guard.
The guy's old and already loaded. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants his character killed off as quickly as possible so he has less work to do.

I dunno, there's that interview were he was asked if he got nostalgic when he put the costume on and he replied, "No, I got paid." and it came across as only slightly tongue in cheek.  I think no matter how much money people have they never stop liking having even more.  I'd be surprised if you could find many millionaires who if asked, "Would you like to be a billionaire?" would say, "Nah, I'm good thanks.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2015, 07:45:54 pm »
And now for something completely different: news anchor claims Star Wars is racist:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDFnrNtqAjo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDFnrNtqAjo</a>

What makes this really dumb is that there is legitimate grounds to claim racial insensitivity.  Jar-Jar might as well have stepped out of a minstrel show, it's not hard to see anti-Semitism when it comes to Watto, and the Neimoidians come off as being an extraterrestrial version of the Yellow Peril.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #51 on: December 17, 2015, 07:46:56 am »
Oh it's the "hard work is racist" lady.

Leftists ^_^

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #52 on: December 17, 2015, 09:13:25 am »
I like the way she seems to get all teary-eyed when leading into her outrage over James Earl Jones not also being cast as Darth Vader when he was finally unmasked. That kind of intensity puts her in the emotionally edgy commentator column with Nancy Grace and Glenn Beck.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #53 on: December 17, 2015, 12:25:20 pm »
I have seen The Force Awakens. Its great.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2015, 12:46:54 pm »
I have seen The Force Awakens. Its great.

spoil it, and we will hunt you down, remove an organ of our choice, and force-feed it to you while you apologize. clear?

(seriously, though, awesome for you. i'm just waiting for the cinemas to clear out a bit before going, myself)
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #55 on: December 17, 2015, 01:20:38 pm »
I won't. Don't worry.

Theres plenty i want to scream about though :P So many moments!

Oh yeah the 3D version is alright, if you like that sort of thing. Its a conversion, but not a crappy thrown out at the last thing one.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2015, 03:57:50 pm by IanC »

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2015, 01:02:00 am »
I'm going  tomorrow at 1:50pm. I SOOOOOOOOO CAN'T WAIT!!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2015, 04:56:05 am »
I'm off Sunday and my wife ordered our tickets.  Counting down . . .
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2015, 06:45:42 pm »
Goddamnit, what the fuck is happening. I'm excited..to see a Star Wars movie? arrgh b0ss plz gibe me da tickets already.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2015, 01:53:58 pm »
OK, my girlfriend and I are going to see it tomorrow evening. I seriously can't wait either.

Also, I'm tired of having to dodge spoilers, and I've already heard too much.