Author Topic: Tabletop Game Thread  (Read 63194 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Tabletop Game Thread
« Reply #270 on: October 27, 2016, 04:30:18 am »
Anyone come across the feminazi-RPG aka Bellum Maga?

It has a 90% discount for PDF right now: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/165441/Bellum-Maga

TL;DR you play as a witch empowered by the goddess Gaia and fight against the evil patriarchy (this is not a joke or hyperbole) and the evil magical phallic symbol known as the Serpent.

There are a few example characters on the Deviant art made by the creators and those are a laugh.

One is a woman who for a long time used sex to get her way and only cared about money and easy life. Then she found out about Gaia and prayed for a huge sum of money. She got the money and later as the money was running out again decided to become a priestess of Gaia since that seemed to be so easy and profitable. She is a hero of women everywhere.

Another was a witch dating a "perfect boyfriend" but like all men he revealed his true form. He had the audacity to ask his GF if he could possibly go to a bachelor party of his friend. As a revenge the witch turned him into a mouse for the rest of his life. OUR HEROINE!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #271 on: October 27, 2016, 08:54:58 am »
So, basically, FATAL without the anal circumference checks.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #272 on: October 27, 2016, 11:30:34 pm »
So it's obviously meant to be satirical. The problem, however, is what is it supposed to be satirizing? Feminism in general? Or is it taking a piss at the alt-right strawman of feminism?
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #273 on: October 28, 2016, 12:40:58 am »
The book has a disclaimer that nothing in it is real and that people shouldn't try to start witch coven's inspired by the book (though the writers think it would be hella cool.) And that the game is feminist, dedicated to all the women who were "burnt, shot, stabbed, beaten raped and murdered for their belief in equality and their rights as a member of the human race" and meant as a "fuck you" to the "ultra conservative luddite assholes trying to turn the world into white man's paradise."

Lots of spelling errors in the book, but no signs of it being a parody. A bit too edgy for my liking. Also, I hate the artwork, it looks amateurish.

A LOT of spelling errors.

There is a positive trait called "transgendered" that allows the maga to turn into a male for an hour per day, losing all of their magic (unless they are of the succubus class in which case they become an incubus and are able to keep draining people of their life and turning them into dust or inanimate objects while empowering themselves) for the duration. Otherwise they are "Totally female" but can at will change their genitalia to male of female whichever they prefer.

...Ok?

SO MUCH EDGE! OW!

I would like to quote more stuff from the PDF but because it is stupid I would have to manually type everything as copy pasting doesn't seem to work.

The artwork is either pictures of Witches or pictures of witches killing or shapeshifting men. Mainly killing men. Mainly police officers and US military though a few civilians are there as well. And some US supreme court members.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #274 on: October 28, 2016, 02:00:07 am »
...so it's a radfem RPG.

............I have no words.
Who needs a signature?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #275 on: October 28, 2016, 08:10:02 am »
Link to iiiiiiit!  I want to hurt!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #276 on: October 28, 2016, 08:24:33 am »
I gave the link to the store in the earlier post. I've got the copy I bought but don't know if there is a pirated version on the net.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #277 on: October 28, 2016, 09:16:49 am »
Oh, herp.  lrn2read, dumbass.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #278 on: October 28, 2016, 04:45:26 pm »
Meanwhile in a better game our Shadowrun campaign continued. There was a lot of arguing over what to do. Usually it's just me making the tactical decisions because no one else can be bothered, this time we did debate a lot but eventually we went with my original plan anyway because the other one simply would not have been possible. The original plan being "lets make our drugged up street sam invisible, throw him onto the boat with an Improved invisibility spell and then make some popcorn and watch him punch every enemy in the face."

We assaulted a 15Million Nuyen yacht at sea from a smugglers speedboat. My shaman cast a lot of spells, in fact I am not sure if he can do much else than keep up those spells during the mission. Mainly he made the samurai and our Face/gun-adept invisible and flung them onto the boat.

We had had a long debate over why the rest of the team wanted to do this with as little killing as possible. The ethical justifications as well as the practical ones. Namely we are attacking our previous employer and already making a lot of enemies. Not killing him and all his goons might make the difference between "bad rep" and "you won't be able to work in this town anymore." The Adept-player finally concluded "so basically, you guys are just being retards" and I am going to assume it was both in and out of character answer. His response was to load up with AP ammo on his sniper rifle (and prepare his monofilament combat chainsaw.)

As soon as the two were on the boat they split up, having no more any idea where the other one was. Also no means of communicating because they had all their electronics shut down to make sneaking easier. And yes, they did bump into each other a few times by accident while running around invisible...

Before we had to stop for the night the adept had started a bloodbath on the ship and got himself shot full of holes. He is currently on the outside of the yacht sitting in the rain in a pool of blood after walking into an ambush. Meanwhile the samurai is punching and choking people unconscious and has only taken stun damage so far. (The fact that they are both invisible is what has kept them alive. The enemy is forced to use cover fire over wide areas in an attempt to do any damage and although it does cause a lot of problems this is only a temporary solution and once they have to reload someone takes a punch to the face and is out of the fight.)

The other half of the team is still on the speedboat and trying to catch the yacht again. The Decker at least is in the fight trying to do damage in Matrix but the shaman is kinda wondering what the hell he could do. Apart from blasting the ship with magical lightning.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #279 on: November 03, 2016, 04:41:46 pm »
...Aaand things did not go as planned.

The street sam beat up all enemies in his way, ran through a door to knock out the captain of the ship and threw a flashbang at the Johnson (not the one who hired us on this job. The one we were targeting this time.) and his bodyguards who promptly fled into a room. After a series of threats and negotiations the Johnson was willing to give up the MacGuffin in exchange of being allowed to keep the unconscious Face-Adept his men had managed to capture during the fight. Seeing as he was the dick who had started killing people despite being told to avoid it as much as possible and seeing as he had in fact messed up several times along the campaign we decided to make the exchange. Which was a dick move seeing as his player wasn't present but at that point every option was a bad one as we were running out of time. (Also, despite supposedly being the face the only times when he had tried any negotiation was before a few jobs when he was haggling over the price of the job. Mainly he was there as a sniper and always wanted to kill as many people as possible in the missions.)

This is going to lead to a lot of "fun" times in the future. And it did get some bad reputation for the team.

Highlights: The street sam is unstoppable by conventional weapons. It's like a hairier and 1/3 of the size Luke Cage walking around and either cutting people apart with a katana or pimp-slapping them with shock gloves depending on whether he wants them dead or alive.

"Lucky Smith" once again (for the last time) lived up to his name. The player FINALLY got a chance to use his diving skill as we retconned (since he wasn't present last time) that the character dove onto the boat and climbed aboard. He got into a gunfight with the chef (armed with a shotgun with flechette ammo.) Naturally Smith didn't have any kind of armour on, just his wetsuit. He proceeded to dodge two shotgun blasts with the use of Edge despite standing in a narrow corridor.
GM: "The chef rolls 8 hits with 10 dice, since the shotgun has Accuracy 5 it only counts as 5." Player: "10 hits to dodge roll." "GM: "Again, 4 hits." Player: "Again, 5 hits." Dude was just casually dodging shotgun blasts and firing back with his massive revolver.

EDIT: I'll just add the latest updates here just in case anyone is amused by my gaming stories.

2 sessions in one. The team got hired to steal a valuable painting (of Michael Jackson) from a mansion. One session was spend in pre-planning the heist but although the location of the painting is now known the team didn't have time to make a fully working plan. Half of the second session was spent by one player making a new character to replace the one that was lost earlier and me and the third one trying to finish the plan with no success. We have figured out several ways in, but have no proper escape plan. We also have an idea that we could fake a message from the owner to his secretary telling her that the painting must be taken to renovators. Then we could either hijack the vehicle moving the painting OR pretend to be the security team and drive away with the painting. But the first plan has too many unknowns and the second is either impossible or really expensive (all the numerous fake licenses, SINs and setting up a fake company or pretending to be a real company is going to take a lot of work and planning as well.)

So instead we decided to leave that job for later (the team has a month to finish it) and took a quick job delivering a package. The preparations for this plan were simple as we just added a few firing ports to the team van. Which were immediately needed during a shootout on the road. And then our Decker dropped a KE helicopter that tried to arrest the team. It was a quick little operation with a really low reward but it was fun and there are worse ways to spend an evening (both in and out of character.)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 05:37:25 pm by Askold »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #280 on: November 22, 2016, 08:13:31 pm »
Did I mention I'm running a game of Mutants and Masterminds?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DM7dvekZWo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DM7dvekZWo</a>

Ironbite-should've mentioned that.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #281 on: November 26, 2016, 07:20:10 pm »
MORE!  MORE!  MORE!  HAHAHAHAHAH!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHWlgII6ti0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHWlgII6ti0</a>

Ironbite-it's like herding cats at times.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #282 on: December 03, 2016, 11:26:54 am »
So I'm thinking of making a home-brew RPG game based off Call of Cthulhu, any ideas?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #283 on: December 03, 2016, 07:07:42 pm »
Whee!

After a complete disaster the SR team was able to succeed in the heist job. They got cheated by the Johnson but that's an occupational hazard. At least they survived and got half the money (they decided to share the money with a competing team rather than fight over it.

Also playing Praedor for the weekend after a long break in the campaign. So far my character got married, got a huge dowry (which will be spent to build a motte and bailey equivalent for him) and tomorrow they march for war. His wife is talkative but at least they get along like friends, the marriage sealed a trading contract and the sex is good.

EDIT:

Two days of RPGs in a row...

The second session was not as lucky as the first one. Sure, the clan won a battle and got a decent share of loot (which was shared with a near-hostile clan of the tribe who were suddenly suspiciously interested in joining the expedition. They were helpful but it is possible that they were spying on the PC clan on the orders of the king.) Two of the PCs also gave birth. While they were traveling with the warriors (the players insisted on tagging along and one of them took it as a personal insult when they were warned of potential dangers. Her character suffered miscarriage and went mad and wandered into the forest all alone... This is likely to kill the character and may cause OOC drama as well.)

...But the battle went well though. Few lives lost and the secret plan of creating a war between two tribes by going beyond the king's orders is going as planned.

Granted that the army needs to escape a hostile region with the loot before they can call it mission accomplished but that'll be the next session.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 02:04:22 pm by Askold »

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #284 on: December 19, 2016, 06:44:38 pm »
So I just finished my first session of a Call of Cthulhu campaign, and so far my character has gotten the short end of the stick. A list of the crap that has happend to me in the first session

1. I got charged for murder cause I went into a room, saw a figure fired my gun to intimidate them and it turned out to be an apparition.
2. I lost one sanity.
3. I'm gonna have to hope my character's contact (she's a spy) can not get me thrown in a Peruvian jail.

All in all, fun session can't wait for next Monday.