Author Topic: Why Is Sex Outside of Marriage A Sin?  (Read 79786 times)

Offline PastorDave

• Neonate
  • Blessed in our Lord Jesus Christ
Re: Why Is Sex Outside of Marriage A Sin?
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2012, 05:55:29 pm »
Also, Pastor, I mean you no mockery when I say this: What petty God would damn His creations to hell for acting on a natural desire?
God is most glorified through you when you are most satisfied in Him. Through your suffering in staying pure God is being glorified by your decision to stay that way rather than give in to sinful temptation.

“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you" Exodus 20:12

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2012, 05:58:45 pm »
Also, Pastor, I mean you no mockery when I say this: What petty God would damn His creations to hell for acting on a natural desire?
God is most glorified through you when you are most satisfied in Him. Through your suffering in staying pure God is being glorified by your decision to stay that way rather than give in to sinful temptation.

But how is sex sinful? Sex is something almost all human beings are capable of and desire (with the exception of asexuals), brings great joy to those involved, and, when practiced safely and intelligently, brings no harm to those who engage in it. Sex doesn't have to be a negative thing.

And my celibacy is in no way "suffering". It doesn't affect my life or happiness in any way.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2012, 05:59:39 pm »

I'm all for people controlling their urges and not being governed by their baser instincts.

I just don't see why anyone should need a permission slip from a clergyman before doing the ol' Horizontal Mambo.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2012, 06:03:19 pm »
God is most glorified through you when you are most satisfied in Him.

I didn't know god was into that sort of thing.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline PastorDave

• Neonate
  • Blessed in our Lord Jesus Christ
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2012, 06:16:02 pm »
Many things are pleasurable that should not be indulged in. Drinking and drugs are supposed to be pleasureable but lead to debaucherous behavior. Gambling is a worldly pleasure for though it leads to broken homes and tremendous loss. The Lord is testing us everyday with worldly pleasures. Unbridled lust, excess, licentiousness, wantonness, outrageousness, shamelessness, insolence, and drunkenness we must avoid like the plague. The Bible says that you “cannot serve two masters.” Either you are obeying God, doing what is right, or you are doing what the world does. Those who are seeking the pleasures in this world are honoring themselves, not God.
“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you" Exodus 20:12

QueenofHearts

« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2012, 06:18:02 pm »
Amen brother!

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2012, 06:22:38 pm »
What if I choose to glorify God by jerking off with bacon grease? He should love me for who I am.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2012, 06:22:51 pm »
Many things are pleasurable that should not be indulged in. Drinking and drugs are supposed to be pleasureable but lead to debaucherous behavior. Gambling is a worldly pleasure for though it leads to broken homes and tremendous loss. The Lord is testing us everyday with worldly pleasures. Unbridled lust, excess, licentiousness, wantonness, outrageousness, shamelessness, insolence, and drunkenness we must avoid like the plague. The Bible says that you “cannot serve two masters.” Either you are obeying God, doing what is right, or you are doing what the world does. Those who are seeking the pleasures in this world are honoring themselves, not God.

Drinking, drugs, and gambling aren't the same as sex. Each of those have clear negative consequences- drugs and alcohol are literally poisonous, for example. Under the brief pleasure is a lifetime of potential pain. In moderation, however, gambling and alcohol won't harm you, and hard drugs are easy to avoid. There's also no natural inborn desire to do any of those things, and none of them are part of human biology.

And before you say I'm a drunk or gambling addict or what have you, let me just point out that I'm a teetotaler who never gambles with real money.

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2012, 06:23:14 pm »
What if I choose to glorify God by jerking off with bacon grease? He should love me for who I am.

As long as you're married to the bacon grease.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline Hades

• The Beast
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2012, 06:25:33 pm »

Drinking, drugs, and gambling aren't the same as sex. Each of those have clear negative consequences- drugs and alcohol are literally poisonous, for example. Under the brief pleasure is a lifetime of potential pain. In moderation, however, gambling and alcohol won't harm you, and hard drugs are easy to avoid. There's also no natural inborn desire to do any of those things, and none of them are part of human biology.

And before you say I'm a drunk or gambling addict or what have you, let me just point out that I'm a teetotaler who never gambles with real money.

But you're gambling with your SOUL.

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2012, 06:26:54 pm »

But you're gambling with your SOUL.

If God plays poker, I can take God to the cleaners.

Offline Hades

• The Beast
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2012, 06:30:33 pm »
Come on, Rinella! TWO MORE POSTS.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2012, 06:45:17 pm »
I'm atheist, but if I weren't, why worship a god who's enough of a jackhole to make sex feel so good, then ban it under many circumstances? That's just a dick move.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2012, 06:49:24 pm »
I'm atheist, but if I weren't, why worship a god who's enough of a jackhole to make sex feel so good, then ban it under many circumstances? That's just a dick move.

Some people would say it's a test of your obedience, or that He had to because we have free will. But I don't think of God as some sort of trickster just waiting for you to mess up or make a mistake so He can condemn you. Such complicated rules that run totally against human nature are more of a trap waiting to be sprung than a test of faith to be endured.

Come on, Rinella! TWO MORE POSTS.

Ooh, I better make the next one count.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2012, 07:02:52 pm »

Drinking, drugs, and gambling aren't the same as sex. Each of those have clear negative consequences- drugs and alcohol are literally poisonous, for example.
I know where this is headed: Sexually Transmitted Diseases.

Had an abstinence-only Sex Ed. class in school so I'm used to all the arguments against premarital sex.