Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1514678 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2805 on: July 12, 2013, 10:08:48 am »
Bah, you rich kids and your NES. My first console was a Famicom clone. Also my last console, not counting handhelds and PC.
Σא

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2806 on: July 12, 2013, 12:39:34 pm »
I believe my first console was the N64. Though it's hardly the first platform I regularly played games on. That honour goes to DOS.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2807 on: July 12, 2013, 01:25:16 pm »
My first console was the NES, I believe.

Also, I finally got the newest Tomb Raider. It's pretty nice so far. Granted I'm not far into the game itself yet.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Distind

« Reply #2808 on: July 12, 2013, 01:27:59 pm »
If anyone was dissappointed with Civ 5 back when it came out, once you toss on the two expansions it's become a rather wicked game. Trade actually requires a bit of thought, and going to war with the wrong person can utterly hose you. Religion can cause you to dominate the world(Something I do quite a bit for an atheist, the stuff has plenty of use if you're in control). Oh, and they unfucked the combat quite a bit in the first expansion.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2809 on: July 12, 2013, 02:37:28 pm »
Gold upgrade for civ V is only 5 dollars

Distind

« Reply #2810 on: July 13, 2013, 05:45:33 am »
Speaking of civ, I apparently have two copies of 4 randomly appearing in my inventory. I have disks for the game and it's expansions so I don't really need either of them. If anyone wants them let me know, but they don't include the expansions.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2811 on: July 13, 2013, 05:50:00 am »
Speaking of civ, I apparently have two copies of 4 randomly appearing in my inventory. I have disks for the game and it's expansions so I don't really need either of them. If anyone wants them let me know, but they don't include the expansions.
I'll take one, if you've still got it. My Steam name is Hesusio.

If you want, I can give you a 20% off anything voucher for Green Man Gaming in exchange.

Distind

« Reply #2812 on: July 13, 2013, 10:29:21 am »
Uh shit... seems it was the windows version and mac version, which means the person I was using to split the pack now has both of those. Sorry about that.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2813 on: July 13, 2013, 10:35:15 am »
Well, poop.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #2814 on: July 13, 2013, 01:41:44 pm »
So who else has hit the Steam sale? So far, I've picked up Civ V with all the DLC and will snag Heroes of Might and Magic VI (with all the expansions) sometime in the next 24 hours. My wife got Bioshock Infinite.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2815 on: July 13, 2013, 01:47:06 pm »
Grabbed Hotline Miami.

Ironbite-think I'd be better at it with an actual controller.

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #2816 on: July 13, 2013, 03:01:08 pm »
I just got a new computer, and one of the parts came with free copies of Crysis 3, Farcry 3: Blood Dragon, and Bioshock Infinite, so I'll be playing those. I'll also probably pick up ARMA 2, since it's part of the Steam sale.

Distind

« Reply #2817 on: July 13, 2013, 05:10:40 pm »
Considering blood bowl... for the third time... well, fourth if you count the xbox version I got when my PC was toasty, but that was so hacked together I don't even try. For what these guys can do, optimization is not one of them.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2818 on: July 13, 2013, 11:43:06 pm »
All I've bought this week is B17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th on GOG. As it turns out, that game really does not work too well with a mouse and keyboard. Especially not with a keyboard that doesn't have a numeric keypad. Ah well, live and learn I suppose.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2819 on: July 13, 2013, 11:50:20 pm »
All I've bought this week is B17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th on GOG. As it turns out, that game really does not work too well with a mouse and keyboard. Especially not with a keyboard that doesn't have a numeric keypad. Ah well, live and learn I suppose.

Yeah, it's hard as hell. Even if you've got a stick, though, you'll be spending most of your time at the keys.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.