Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1671674 times)

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #2190 on: March 02, 2013, 11:14:33 pm »
I got a question concerning rape : Is clothing one factor that influences a rapists decision to rape?
Nope.  It's a popular excuse rapists use in an attempt to absolve themselves of responsibility once they're accused, but it is very rarely a legitimate deciding factor.  The deciding factor is always whether or not the man feels he's entitled to sex.  If he feels entitled to sex, he will come up with ANY excuse to justify his actions, whether it be her clothing, her attitude, the way she looked at him, the fact that he brought her a drink, the fact that she was too drunk to say "no", the fact that she was alone, the fact that she wore makeup... anything.  Even if you're not dressed "like a whore", they will just find some other reason to tell themselves that they're entitled to sex with you.

Basically, telling women to cover up because their clothing causes them to get raped is like telling children to stop keeping dogs as pets because the dogs keep eating their homework.

I'd say it's more like telling children to stop doing homework because sometimes the dog tries to eat it.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2191 on: March 03, 2013, 02:49:34 pm »
I got a question concerning rape : Is clothing one factor that influences a rapists decision to rape?
Nope.  It's a popular excuse rapists use in an attempt to absolve themselves of responsibility once they're accused, but it is very rarely a legitimate deciding factor.  The deciding factor is always whether or not the man feels he's entitled to sex.  If he feels entitled to sex, he will come up with ANY excuse to justify his actions, whether it be her clothing, her attitude, the way she looked at him, the fact that he brought her a drink, the fact that she was too drunk to say "no", the fact that she was alone, the fact that she wore makeup... anything.  Even if you're not dressed "like a whore", they will just find some other reason to tell themselves that they're entitled to sex with you.

Basically, telling women to cover up because their clothing causes them to get raped is like telling children to stop keeping dogs as pets because the dogs keep eating their homework.

Yeah, the "I couldn't help myself" excuse is something that men use as a justification for behavior that they know not to do. When people write that men can't help themselves because they are pigs, this "misandry" is simply a flip side of misogyny, and the former actually helps uphold the latter. That's why so many anti-rape campaigns (that focus on women as victims of rape) see it as important for men to know that they and they alone are responsible for their behavior, not the woman they're lusting after.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #2192 on: March 03, 2013, 03:03:48 pm »
Granted, for men and women alike, it's a good idea to know whose party you're going to, the people who'll be there, and the area and have some kind of exit strategy or buddy system in place if you feel uncomfortable and need to slip away--but that's just standard-issue 'avoid putting yourself in dangerous situations' advice that's quite sensible and coincidentally also doesn't put the blame for crimes on the victim. You can make really bad choices and put yourself in a very dangerous situation, but other people's actions are still not your FAULT.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2193 on: March 03, 2013, 03:13:41 pm »
Honestly sometimes I don't really blame those rad-fem people. With how prevalent the idea of men not being able to control themselves, if you support women's rights, but also believe that men are uncontrollable, then it makes sense that you would want them all castrated or eliminated.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2194 on: March 03, 2013, 03:29:30 pm »
Honestly sometimes I don't really blame those rad-fem people. With how prevalent the idea of men not being able to control themselves, if you support women's rights, but also believe that men are uncontrollable, then it makes sense that you would want them all castrated or eliminated.

I will grant radfems that they at least try to value the "feminine," but in doing so I think they really just end up supporting gender binaries and prescribed gender roles. (I.e., "women are sensitive, men are aggressive", that sort of thing.)

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #2195 on: March 03, 2013, 03:41:49 pm »
You can understand WHY a lot of radical positions exist--radical feminists who hate men, radical minority-rights groups who hate white people, and there must be people outside the Tumblr community who are gay or trans and sincerely hate straight and cis people--because of histories of violence against the supported group by the target of hate. But that doesn't justify the hate of ALL THESE PEOPLE who never did anything.

The simple fact is, you can't fight hate with hate.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #2196 on: March 03, 2013, 11:43:37 pm »
You can understand WHY a lot of radical positions exist--radical feminists who hate men, radical minority-rights groups who hate white people, and there must be people outside the Tumblr community who are gay or trans and sincerely hate straight and cis people--because of histories of violence against the supported group by the target of hate. But that doesn't justify the hate of ALL THESE PEOPLE who never did anything.

Hence my sig quote.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2197 on: March 04, 2013, 06:58:22 pm »

Is there a movement for gays to hate straights? Besides on Tumblr. Like genuine "God I hate those breeders".

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #2198 on: March 04, 2013, 07:11:42 pm »
Probably. I had a friend for years who was sort of a little bit like that. Not outright hate, but he didn't like straight people just for being straight. Tumblr is full of crazy but one thing the denizens mostly aren't is original. Everything they say has been said before by somebody so there's gotta be some gay supremacist organization out there somewhere.

GUUUUUURL, PLEASE. YOU NEEDA BE SHOT FOR WEARIN' THEM SHOES WITH THAT PURSE. HOMOPOLICE, FALL IN!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2199 on: March 04, 2013, 07:14:45 pm »

Is there a movement for gays to hate straights? Besides on Tumblr. Like genuine "God I hate those breeders".

There are radscums who call themselves "political lesbians" or "lesbian separatists." I have seen these people say that any woman who claims to be straight or bi is actually brainwashed by the patriarchy and needs to be converted to lesbianism. This is much less hot in practice than in theory, and mostly involves lots of angry yelling, science fails, and bizarre worship of menstrual blood. Oh, and lesbians need to set up their own state where they can be free from the inherently sexist and man-made construction of penis-in-vagina sex.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2200 on: March 04, 2013, 08:54:17 pm »

There are radscums who call themselves "political lesbians" or "lesbian separatists." I have seen these people say that any woman who claims to be straight or bi is actually brainwashed by the patriarchy and needs to be converted to lesbianism. This is much less hot in practice than in theory, and mostly involves lots of angry yelling, science fails, and bizarre worship of menstrual blood. Oh, and lesbians need to set up their own state where they can be free from the inherently sexist and man-made construction of penis-in-vagina sex.

I guess that's more radscum. Eww periods.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #2201 on: March 04, 2013, 09:27:54 pm »
What's with the period-worship among radfems? Is it because it's the one specifically feminine trait that can't be artificially recreated? They could worship breasts or vaginas and their various component parts, but these days you can get some good surgery that produces all of that very well without the person actually genetically being female. Whereas I don't think there's a surgery or anything that will make a post-op MtF transsexual menstruate or even give an appearance of doing so.

Still. period-worship is creeeeeeeepy. I'm glad I don't get one anymore.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2202 on: March 04, 2013, 09:33:55 pm »
What's with the period-worship among radfems? Is it because it's the one specifically feminine trait that can't be artificially recreated? They could worship breasts or vaginas and their various component parts, but these days you can get some good surgery that produces all of that very well without the person actually genetically being female. Whereas I don't think there's a surgery or anything that will make a post-op MtF transsexual menstruate or even give an appearance of doing so.

Still. period-worship is creeeeeeeepy. I'm glad I don't get one anymore.

I don't know why a trans person would even want one... I wish I didn't have them.

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #2203 on: March 04, 2013, 09:48:09 pm »
I don't know why a trans person would even want one... I wish I didn't have them.

Because periods mean - among other things - the ability to reproduce and some transwomen would rather like to have that option?
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2204 on: March 04, 2013, 10:19:29 pm »
Huh?? Period worship?? Seriously, that's just messed up, shit, I hate mine, it's the worst 4-5 days of the month. Also I would gladly give any transwomen mine, I'll give it away for free even.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 10:23:50 pm by Empress Nicki »