Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1671938 times)

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #2310 on: April 04, 2013, 10:04:34 am »
Pink doesn't make things girls. When will people understand.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2311 on: April 04, 2013, 10:07:22 am »
I like how they made the gun pink.  Obviously a good conservative woman wouldn't be seen dead with some ugly man gun.

There are pink guns. It seems like when companies market guns to women they all get this idea "girls like pink stuff! Me make pink gun, girls will buy pink gun!" or something like that. I read a review by a woman about a colt1911 copy that had been marketed as a ccw pistol for women (with pink decorations) and the reviewer concluded that:
a) The gun was physically a bit too big for the average woman with small hands
b) The caliber had a bit too much of a kick for a weaker user
c) She would rather have the black version of the same gun.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #2312 on: April 04, 2013, 10:13:42 am »
I like how they made the gun pink.  Obviously a good conservative woman wouldn't be seen dead with some ugly man gun.
It's a real gun too, btw. Kinda like the series of pink power tools for women. Cause you know, your power drill's gotta match your purse after all.

Power tools I can understand, if you like pink, but I don't understand why anyone would want a pink gun.

If you are in a situation where you need a gun, you want the other person to take you seriously as a threat, and having a pink gun doesn't exactly help with that.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2313 on: April 04, 2013, 10:38:50 am »
Obscure factoid - there is a new fad amongst welders and construction workers in general to apply pink or flowery vinyl skins to their welding masks and tool bodies to discourage "borrowing" and "disappearing" of their tools. They even beg stickers from their little daughters (MLP, Rainbow Brite, Hello Kitty).

It's a big fun joke, and it works; the fuckin' idiots who would pilfer a tool are too stupid and insecure in their manhood to steal "girly"/"faggot" tools. Plus, the colors and patterns make it easier to locate a tool visually in a messy job site or work shop than even safety orange or yellow or lime green :)

« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 10:44:57 am by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2314 on: April 04, 2013, 11:45:14 am »
Obscure factoid - there is a new fad amongst welders and construction workers in general to apply pink or flowery vinyl skins to their welding masks and tool bodies to discourage "borrowing" and "disappearing" of their tools. They even beg stickers from their little daughters (MLP, Rainbow Brite, Hello Kitty).

It's a big fun joke, and it works; the fuckin' idiots who would pilfer a tool are too stupid and insecure in their manhood to steal "girly"/"faggot" tools. Plus, the colors and patterns make it easier to locate a tool visually in a messy job site or work shop than even safety orange or yellow or lime green :)

Plus all that pinky, sparkly, frou frou stuff is pretty. I may be a Feminist who believes in bucking & blurring gender roles & such but I confess, I'm a sucker for pinky-winky-girlie-color/decor schemes. I love pinks; Pink, Hot Pink, Flourescent Pink, Purplely-Pink, etc. Pinks & Purples are my thing...and RAINBOWS...lots of rainbows! I love the juxtaposition of pinkness, girliness, and strong liberation! Who said "Feminine" had to mean "Weak"?
I'm a sex-positive feminist who loves to re-claim stereotypically girly things and making them symbols of liberation & power! Nothing is cooler, IMHO, than a beautiful, voluptuous, cosmetics-wearing, long-tressed ACTION GIRL who can solve complex math equations, solve riddles, debate successfully, lead multitudes, be a head-of-state, go chop-sockey on the bad guys & have TONS of red-hot sex!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2315 on: April 04, 2013, 01:04:10 pm »
The pistol that I have can come in pink. I remember a beauty queen some time back had a pink pistol in her purse and used it to stop an attacker. It just so happened she actually did like pink...

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #2316 on: April 04, 2013, 01:17:39 pm »
Pink guns kill parts of my soul and make my anus weep tears of sorrow.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2317 on: April 04, 2013, 01:34:26 pm »
I like pink sparkly stuff, too.

And to be honest, I think there's a lot more guys out there that like the color pink (or even have it as a favorite color) than they'd care to admit, since pink is associated with women and so if any man likes pink he must be gay. (and while that is the line of logic that's followed, now that I read it, that's some fucking moon logic right there.)

Of course, gay men themselves tend to be a bit more open about the fact that they like pink because pink is associated with homosexuality through said moon logic.

Then again I've found pink shirts (no labeling) in the men's section before and even bought one, so who knows anymore?  Regardless, I know that this whole idea of pink being a woman's color actually had a small fad challenging it -- the "real men wear pink" fad.  It didn't go anywhere, but my first encounter with it was, hilariously, the fundamentalist church I used to go to.  No one actually seemed bothered.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #2318 on: April 04, 2013, 03:03:37 pm »
They're all bad images but this one really stands out:

Politely disagrees with, eh? Is that anything like lobbying for their imprisonment in Uganda?

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #2319 on: April 04, 2013, 03:21:47 pm »

In one of my favorite book series (the Mercy Thompson novels by Patricia Briggs) the protagonist's mother has a pink Glock.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #2320 on: April 04, 2013, 03:55:34 pm »
Now back to actual cartoons:

I'm 12 and what is this:

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2321 on: April 04, 2013, 03:59:11 pm »
If I had to guess...

Homosexual Boy Scout Leader (because as well all know, all gays are transvestites and all transvestites are gay) because the ACLU is pushing for homosexuals to be able to join boy scouts (we're talking about the kids here, not the leaders necessarily.  Besides, the ban on gays hasn't stopped Boy Scouts from having just as many pedophiles as the Catholic Church, complete with as much sheltering) and an evolutionist (because all evolutionists are atheists suddenly.  Also, the tired old myth of "evolutionists believe we evolved from monkeys, so they're saying that we're all just monkeys!") joining the Salvation Army, because the ALCU wants the Salvation Army to be more religiously neutral as opposed to Christocentric.

In case anyone was wondering.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #2322 on: April 04, 2013, 04:12:45 pm »
A fairy that that grants wishes defending peoples rights... I fail to see why that's a bad thing.

The top cartoon makes no sense to me whatsoever, but that may just be because I have very little knowledge of American politics...

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2323 on: April 04, 2013, 04:17:15 pm »
A fairy that that grants wishes defending peoples rights... I fail to see why that's a bad thing.

Probably because whoever wrote that cartoon believes that the ACLU isn't protecting people's rights, but campaigning for "special rights" for gays and evolutionists, while also campaigning to take away rights from Good ChristiansTM.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2324 on: April 04, 2013, 08:23:06 pm »

If only we mention it enough, Obama will have done something wrong.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR