Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1673581 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #4650 on: March 24, 2014, 06:31:31 pm »
Its a political cartoon, Veras.  They're not considered real ones until they have at least a dozen largely pointless labels.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4651 on: March 24, 2014, 09:15:51 pm »

Kind of ironic in regards to climate change.

And why 3 million illegal immigrants per year?  Perhaps it's because navigating the labyrinth of paperwork that is the immigration process takes forever?  Maybe we should streamline this process, perhaps hire more agents to take care of people who wish to live here and make something better in this country.

Ironbite-nah....let's just close the borders and shoot all the dirty illegals.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #4652 on: March 24, 2014, 10:03:29 pm »
Ironbite-nah....let's just close the borders and shoot all the dirty illegals.
But then who will be abused to work for sub par wages?!?!?!? /business owner
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #4653 on: March 25, 2014, 03:37:38 am »
I would like to know where the figure of 3million per year comes from? It sounds like an awful lot - being 1% of the US population  every year.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4654 on: March 25, 2014, 05:52:14 am »
It came from the same place almost everything in this thread came from: some moron pulled it out of his ass and now we all have to deal with the resulting stupid.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #4655 on: March 25, 2014, 08:16:10 am »
It's also 2.4% of the population of Mexico.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #4656 on: March 25, 2014, 09:10:30 am »
It came from the same place almost everything in this thread came from: some moron pulled it out of his ass and now we all have to deal with the resulting stupid.

Something like that. The official statistic is something like 700,000 per year, but some people argue that this number is fake and so they tried to run an independent estimate which as far as I can tell relies on taking how many illegal immigrants are caught in the Mexican border and then multiplying it by the border patrol estimate of how many get away. The 3 million number in particular I think comes from this TIME article which is paywalled so I can't check how they got their numbers.

It all definitely sounds like an elaborate way of pulling numbers out of one's ass, or possibly an error in interpreting the numbers, but I can't check the numbers so I don't know.
Σא

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #4657 on: March 25, 2014, 09:15:41 pm »

Something like that. The official statistic is something like 700,000 per year, but some people argue that this number is fake and so they tried to run an independent estimate which as far as I can tell relies on taking how many illegal immigrants are caught in the Mexican border and then multiplying it by the border patrol estimate of how many get away. The 3 million number in particular I think comes from this TIME article which is paywalled so I can't check how they got their numbers.

It all definitely sounds like an elaborate way of pulling numbers out of one's ass, or possibly an error in interpreting the numbers, but I can't check the numbers so I don't know.

TIME magazine?! My, how the mighty have fallen!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #4658 on: March 26, 2014, 02:46:31 pm »
Yeah, TIME and Newsweek both - rotting zombie shells of their former reliable selves.

Also, as to the illegal immigration number crunching; whichever way you want to compile that data, keep in mind that a large percentage are going to be the same people, year after year, trying to come through to get seasonal labor jobs in agriculture and to try their luck getting hired during the annual labor demand spike in construction trades every spring.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #4659 on: March 27, 2014, 12:40:39 pm »
Yeah, TIME and Newsweek both - rotting zombie shells of their former reliable selves.

Also, as to the illegal immigration number crunching; whichever way you want to compile that data, keep in mind that a large percentage are going to be the same people, year after year, trying to come through to get seasonal labor jobs in agriculture and to try their luck getting hired during the annual labor demand spike in construction trades every spring.

About TIME & Newsweek (and educational TV channels-turned-aliens & unreality-fests). I'd imagine they were bought out by guys like Murdoch & Viacom. They're messing with them on purpose. They have an agenda. They want a nation of idiots.

Rupert Murdoch has a reverse-Midas Touch, everything he touches turns to garbage.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #4660 on: April 01, 2014, 12:59:02 am »

It's never a Republican's fault. Never.

The guy on Qando also defended Mark Foley during the 2006 page scandal, btw.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4661 on: April 09, 2014, 05:15:15 pm »

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #4662 on: April 09, 2014, 05:39:35 pm »

That Jewish person is white, so why would they want to poison peoples minds against white people?

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #4663 on: April 09, 2014, 05:46:32 pm »
Because EVIL JEW CONSPIRACY!2!!!1!!
Minor nitpick, but wouldn't white sterilization impede the eeeeevill goal of a population of evenly-mixed "human mutts"?
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4664 on: April 09, 2014, 06:02:47 pm »
Because EVIL JEW CONSPIRACY!2!!!1!!
Minor nitpick, but wouldn't white sterilization impede the eeeeevill goal of a population of evenly-mixed "human mutts"?

Jews aren't white according to these nimrods.

And the "rotten whites" will be eliminated via the race-mixing--the goal is not to sterilize white people, but rather to have every single one marry a black, or an Asian, or a Latino, or whatever.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.