Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1671701 times)

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5175 on: October 22, 2014, 01:44:07 am »

You guys do realize that TARP was passed under Bush and that Cap and Trade doesn't involve any deficit spending, right?

God, the utter shamelessness of these lying hypocrites makes my blood boil. These morally bankrupt partisan hacks barely qualify as human. Everything bad ever done is the fault of democrats and republicans are the purely innocent party of Jesus and responsibility. *vomits*
« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 01:46:37 am by mythbuster43 »

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #5176 on: October 22, 2014, 11:37:58 pm »
Cap and trade has been turned into a Pavlovian bell by this point. It doesn't matter what it actually is or does. Simply saying it will get the dogs drooling. Or barking, would be the better metaphor.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5177 on: October 23, 2014, 02:17:25 am »
TItiled "Third Wave feminism"

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5178 on: October 23, 2014, 02:23:10 am »
That's... actually a legitimate complaint about certain aspects of feminism.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5179 on: October 23, 2014, 11:24:34 am »
I suppose you're right, granted the only people who really complain about those things are tumblr. Also, *parts.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5180 on: October 23, 2014, 06:40:12 pm »
Well, to be fair hijabs are becoming a more accepted, and the anti-childhood thing is thankfully confined to the more radical segments (mostly).

I suppose I only felt it qualified as worst due to the fact it was anti-3rdwave.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5181 on: October 23, 2014, 06:47:52 pm »
Well, to be fair hijabs are becoming a more accepted, and the anti-childhood thing is thankfully confined to the more radical segments (mostly).

I suppose I only felt it qualified as worst due to the fact it was anti-3rdwave.

I think third-wave feminism gets more flack than it deserves.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5182 on: October 23, 2014, 07:11:24 pm »

Tru, granted like everything it has lots of extremists for instance the black panthers, certain members wanting to kill all cis people, and the needless killing of pets in "shelters".   
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 07:13:03 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5183 on: October 23, 2014, 07:15:07 pm »

Tru, granted like everything it has lots of extremists for instance the black panthers, certain members wanting to kill all cis people, and the needless killing of pets in "shelters".

Rule of thumb: try not to judge any movement by its vocal minority.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5184 on: October 24, 2014, 09:24:55 am »
I suppose you're right, granted the only people who really complain about those things are tumblr. Also, *parts.
Acting like you're some kind of evolved sophisticated superwoman because you're not like *~those breeders~* is just another kind of misogyny.

Its a stupid, yet understandable, reaction to the fact that if a woman (or man, though to an admittedly lesser extent) decides she doesn't want children, then she's either treated like a child ("Oh, its just a phase, you'll grow up some day."), like an insane person ("Who doesn't want children?!"), or like a complete, raving loon of a monster ("You just hate children and want them all to die, don't you?").  Thing is, there's more of them than us and it appears (I know its not actually like this, so don't get your knickers in a wad, folks) like every single motherfucker with a squealing sprog throwing a shit-fit because they aren't getting a specific, typically gloriously overpriced, toy has some "choice words" about men and women who don't want one of those vile, vomitous little cretins in our lives.  Let's not forget the extreme denial some folks parents go into when their fully grown, adult of a spawn tells them they don't want kids of their own.  At least I was lucky in that regard, my dad doesn't really care either way, and my mum both accepts and fully supports my decision, especially given that it came after several years of careful consideration.

PROTIP: People that don't want kids, unless they themselves ARE children, have usually thought shit out.  Maybe they don't want to pass along some congenital condition, like how I have a family history of laughable mental health and, oh, god damned brain cancer that killed my maternal grandmother.  Maybe they want to be able to take a week off work and spend it in the tropics or something without having to worry about bringing a creature along whose immune system may still be developing, or having to work out the logistics of hiring a nanny for that long.  In short, keep your shite opinions to yourselves and bugger right the hell off.  Thank you.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #5185 on: October 24, 2014, 12:52:24 pm »
Acting like you're some kind of evolved sophisticated superwoman because you're not like *~those breeders~* is just another kind of misogyny.

Its a stupid, yet understandable, reaction to the fact that if a woman (or man, though to an admittedly lesser extent) decides she doesn't want children, then she's either treated like a child ("Oh, its just a phase, you'll grow up some day."), like an insane person ("Who doesn't want children?!"), or like a complete, raving loon of a monster ("You just hate children and want them all to die, don't you?").  Thing is, there's more of them than us and it appears (I know its not actually like this, so don't get your knickers in a wad, folks) like every single motherfucker with a squealing sprog throwing a shit-fit because they aren't getting a specific, typically gloriously overpriced, toy has some "choice words" about men and women who don't want one of those vile, vomitous little cretins in our lives.  Let's not forget the extreme denial some folks parents go into when their fully grown, adult of a spawn tells them they don't want kids of their own.  At least I was lucky in that regard, my dad doesn't really care either way, and my mum both accepts and fully supports my decision, especially given that it came after several years of careful consideration.

PROTIP: People that don't want kids, unless they themselves ARE children, have usually thought shit out.  Maybe they don't want to pass along some congenital condition, like how I have a family history of laughable mental health and, oh, god damned brain cancer that killed my maternal grandmother.  Maybe they want to be able to take a week off work and spend it in the tropics or something without having to worry about bringing a creature along whose immune system may still be developing, or having to work out the logistics of hiring a nanny for that long.  In short, keep your shite opinions to yourselves and bugger right the hell off.  Thank you.

And this is why folks like us wind up on the Childfree LJ group and subreddit, Ravy.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5186 on: October 25, 2014, 08:28:25 pm »

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5187 on: October 25, 2014, 08:34:50 pm »
Even radflake strawmen created by neo-nazis are more reasonable and likeable than neo-nazis.
Σא

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5188 on: October 25, 2014, 09:27:03 pm »

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #5189 on: October 26, 2014, 12:08:54 am »

Here is my counter-argument: 1990s Andrea Dworkin. If anything, there isn't enough. From stupid evil transphobia to the criminally bad postmodernist writing style she needed to develop to defend it, Dworkin (and Greer, nowadays) is a great example of how a serious, important thinker can be driven mad by being left behind by progress.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR