Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1671119 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5280 on: November 23, 2014, 03:20:13 pm »
Hmm, while I enjoyed the racially offensive depiction of Mexicans, I felt the artist didn't do a good enough job portraying them as the filth-ridden parasites they are.

4/10

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #5281 on: November 23, 2014, 03:34:40 pm »
The immigrants don't even look remotely threatening in this. The cartoonist must not be very good at race-baiting.

I think that's part of the point. "Hey, we'll just come in and help ourselves! No, don't bother getting up on our account! You don't mind, right?"
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5282 on: November 23, 2014, 06:55:24 pm »

« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:27:12 pm by I am lizard »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5283 on: November 24, 2014, 08:29:57 pm »
The second cartoon doesn't look all that bad. Of course, I feel that I might be interpreting that in a different way than the cartoon maker, so there's that.
Well, the fact that everyone depicted is white and the fact they're stocking up on tactical gear isn't portrayed negatively doesn't help the vibe "White people must defend themselves from savage negroid." vibe.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:32:47 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #5284 on: November 25, 2014, 12:53:47 pm »
The second cartoon doesn't look all that bad. Of course, I feel that I might be interpreting that in a different way than the cartoon maker, so there's that.
Well, the fact that everyone depicted is white and the fact they're stocking up on tactical gear isn't portrayed negatively doesn't help the vibe "White people must defend themselves from savage negroid." vibe.
The fact that they're getting gas masks suggests to me that their reaction is a bit overblown.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5285 on: November 25, 2014, 12:55:23 pm »
The fact that they're getting gas masks suggests to me that their reaction is a bit overblown.

Do gas masks protect you from tear gas?  Because then it might be justified.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #5286 on: November 25, 2014, 12:58:33 pm »

Fair point.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5287 on: November 25, 2014, 04:39:37 pm »

Fair point.

Gas masks protect from tear gas. In FDF our gas mask training included being inside a tent that got a healthy dose of tear gas while wearing the mask. Volunteers were later allowed to try going inside the tent without a mask and being one of those idiots I say that a gas mask is NOT an overreaction if there is a threat of tear gas...

...The burning...

...The stinging sensation...

...I felt like I was out of air but could not get more because my lungs were locked and as full as possible.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5288 on: November 25, 2014, 05:46:01 pm »
To clarify, Finland (understandably due to it's border with Russia) has a conscription-based military.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5289 on: November 26, 2014, 10:23:54 pm »

Most black people aren't thugs, you racist melon farmer.

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
« Reply #5290 on: November 27, 2014, 02:03:32 am »
Around the white, no respite.
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #5291 on: November 27, 2014, 04:34:00 am »

i put it in "worst" because it's very likely to be a sad but true reaction of the rioters. a few care, most go "free looting". besides, why loot over a death? imagine if detroit, baltimore, nyc, or dc got riots over every death...
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #5292 on: November 27, 2014, 05:40:05 am »

That cartoon would make a good point if you could see actual protests going on in the background and police shooting tear gas at them instead of the looter.

i put it in "worst" because it's very likely to be a sad but true reaction of the rioters. a few care, most go "free looting". besides, why loot over a death? imagine if detroit, baltimore, nyc, or dc got riots over every death...
Brown's death was just the straw that broke the camel's back. The community has been disenfranchised and its members abused by police for decades. People are protesting about this one instance but the frustration and anger behind the protest have been brewing for a long time.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5293 on: November 27, 2014, 04:09:23 pm »

That cartoon would make a good point if you could see actual protests going on in the background and police shooting tear gas at them instead of the looter.

Brown's death was just the straw that broke the camel's back. The community has been disenfranchised and its members abused by police for decades. People are protesting about this one instance but the frustration and anger behind the protest have been brewing for a long time.
MLK said it best:

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #5294 on: November 27, 2014, 04:50:17 pm »
Does anyone find it weird that the looter looks like a white guy in that cartoon? Or is that just me?