Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1671564 times)

Offline Nemo

• Pope
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5385 on: January 12, 2015, 11:35:43 pm »

Oh really, Mr. Mann?  Didn't you ever learn that Washington, D.C. was designed by an African-American?  Or that a major inspiration for the U.S. constitution was the Iroquois Great Law of Peace?  Or that it was a Mexican who invented Color TV?

Wonder how many of those inventions we would have if people in Asia hadn't' discovered the zero?

Really hard to have a technological civilization without modern math.

As for  Sanger, I have always found people trying to discredit her by bringing up that she believed in eugenics kind of ironic since they keep leaving out that Sanger was also against abortion.

SO planned Parenthood was so obsessed with one small part of Sanger's beliefs that they ignored another of her core beliefs?  Really?

Korea invented the printing press centuries before Europe did. The medieval Arab world was a hotbed of scientific progress and even gave us algebra. Various Native American peoples also had many technologies, such as almanacs, anesthetics, and the basis for many modern medications like aspirin. African-American scientists and inventors have been contributing to science for years. You'd have to be really ignorant of history to not know that other cultures have been independently developing technologies to suit their needs for years, often well before "enlightened" Europeans caught on.
Indeed. Prior to the Age of Exploration, Europe would have been one of the last places you would expect to conquer the world. China had all the technology, Africa had the wealth empires, and Europe was in a near constant state of warfare with itself.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5386 on: January 13, 2015, 07:46:49 am »
Actually, that Europe conquered the world makes a kind of twisted sense.  Yeah, they were at constant war with eachother, but war doesn't lead to technological stagnation, it does the exact opposite.  Because of the constant fighting, each state had to do everything in its power to stay one step ahead of its rivals and that means more soldiers, better armour, and better weapons.  Warfare breeds better weapons like an open wound breeds bacteria.

Lots of money doesn't necessarily breed lots of good weapons or lots of good soldiers.  It might lead to scientific gains, but scientific gains don't always directly translate to an increase in military power.  If I remember my pre-modern world history correctly, the Asian countries were, mostly, far too insular and xenophobic to bother conquering other areas, instead focusing their efforts largely on the home front, as well as importing and exporting goods.  While everyone else was busy building stable, wealthy empires, Europe was building armies of well-trained, battle-hardened soldiers with the full brunt of several generations' worth of war tech development at their disposal.  When you look for conquerors, you look for warriors.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5387 on: January 13, 2015, 08:21:51 pm »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5388 on: January 14, 2015, 01:33:24 am »
For some weird reason, I always get a kick out of reading the "Worst Political Cartoons" thread. It's much the same reason as why a lot of people enjoy the preliminary auditions on American Idol where someone who can't sing at all comes on and looks ridiculous.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5389 on: January 14, 2015, 01:34:25 am »
This one could easily be a Poe, but this is the interned.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 01:44:39 am by I am lizard »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5390 on: January 14, 2015, 01:50:36 am »

I have to admit, I laughed at this one.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5391 on: January 14, 2015, 01:54:20 am »

I have to admit, I laughed at this one.
It falls in the category of wrong, but funny.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5392 on: January 14, 2015, 10:08:50 am »
"I made a radscum robot" would have nailed it.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5393 on: January 14, 2015, 01:55:10 pm »
The bot itself looks hilarious.

I actually am sympathetic to this one, somewhat......

I DO NOT approve of that Abu Gharib garbage & feel it was horrific.....but BOY OH BOY, I can certainly relate to that Muslim woman stuck in a crappy Islamofascist relationship where she's treated like dirt!

"Hoo boy! If only the shoe was on the other foot....*grumble grumble*...."

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5394 on: January 15, 2015, 01:33:03 am »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5395 on: January 19, 2015, 02:57:10 pm »

(John Stewarts parody comic)

(Tinsels response) 

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5396 on: January 19, 2015, 03:14:23 pm »

Way to be subtle in your bigotry there, asshole. I'm surprised you didn't go full Tinsel and depict him as greedy.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5397 on: January 19, 2015, 10:31:43 pm »

Way to be subtle in your bigotry there, asshole. I'm surprised you didn't go full Tinsel and depict him as greedy.
Tinsel is a good example of someone who will complain about "PC" and how sensitive everyone is, then the moment someone insults them they get pissy.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5398 on: January 20, 2015, 05:30:22 am »

Tinsel is a good example of someone who will complain about "PC" and how sensitive everyone is, then the moment someone insults them they get pissy.

Or convicts them of drink-driving :P

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #5399 on: January 20, 2015, 02:08:49 pm »

This might be the single most stupid thing that's ever happened.