Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1671944 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5505 on: March 03, 2015, 03:57:41 pm »
Shouldn't the 'Victim Card' one be under Good Cartoons or whatever?  It fists the actions of Fundies/conservatives to the letter.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5506 on: March 03, 2015, 04:26:13 pm »
Shouldn't the 'Victim Card' one be under Good Cartoons or whatever?  It fists the actions of Fundies/conservatives to the letter.

Depends on who made the cartoon. If a progressive made it, then I'll agree with you. If a wingnut made it, then it's stupid.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5507 on: March 03, 2015, 05:06:04 pm »

Depends on who made the cartoon. If a progressive made it, then I'll agree with you. If a wingnut made it, then it's stupid.

See that's my point they are not 'best' because they support your view. They are 'best' by being original, funny, well drawn, thought provoking, clear in their message and perhaps capable of swaying someone on the fence if not the other side. They are 'worst' because they fail to clearly convey their message, are confused, badly drawn, not funny or derivative.

Both the cartoons in question are worse because regardless of their message, they objectively suck hairy wookie balls.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5508 on: March 04, 2015, 02:23:25 am »

See that's my point they are not 'best' because they support your view. They are 'best' by being original, funny, well drawn, thought provoking, clear in their message and perhaps capable of swaying someone on the fence if not the other side. They are 'worst' because they fail to clearly convey their message, are confused, badly drawn, not funny or derivative.

Both the cartoons in question are worse because regardless of their message, they objectively suck hairy wookie balls.

Agreed. Too often we replace the "good and bad" with "us and them" and refuse to accept that something can be funny if it makes fun of something that we like.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #5509 on: March 04, 2015, 11:36:04 am »
True.

The last part or your post suddenly brought a flashback of a stupid early internet meme involving Chewbacca or Mr. T and human testicle consumption.

OH GREAT!....now some crudely-animated CGI baby is doing the "Hamster Dance" to Peanut Butter Jelly Time in my head!

........now a dead whale explodes on an Oregon beach! HELP MEEEEEEEEEEE!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 11:38:55 am by Barbarella »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5510 on: March 09, 2015, 11:22:02 am »

What's really sad is that this is still a better rap than anything Soulja Boy has ever done.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5511 on: March 09, 2015, 11:39:58 am »
Well, when your competition is a kid whose only memorable line is "Superman dat ho," the bar ain't set all that high, lol.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #5512 on: March 09, 2015, 12:06:30 pm »
*BLEH*

Who the heck is this A Wyatt Mann guy, anyway? Is there any info on him? A bio? His real name? Is it a "he"? What if A Wyatt Mann's a "she". A Wyatt Mann could be a dog or a Klingon or a kumquat for all I care!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5513 on: March 09, 2015, 12:14:18 pm »
*BLEH*

Who the heck is this A Wyatt Mann guy, anyway? Is there any info on him? A bio? His real name? Is it a "he"? What if A Wyatt Mann's a "she". A Wyatt Mann could be a dog or a Klingon or a kumquat for all I care!

Who knows?  But wouldn't it be hilarious if it turned out he was actually a very dedicated satirist?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 01:03:10 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #5514 on: March 09, 2015, 12:25:52 pm »
*BLEH*

Who knows?  But wouldn't it be hilarious if it turned out he was a very dedicated satirist?

A "Deep-Cover Liberal"? Now THAT would be something!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5515 on: March 09, 2015, 12:53:12 pm »
True.

The last part or your post suddenly brought a flashback of a stupid early internet meme involving Chewbacca or Mr. T and human testicle consumption.

OH GREAT!....now some crudely-animated CGI baby is doing the "Hamster Dance" to Peanut Butter Jelly Time in my head!

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #5516 on: March 09, 2015, 02:13:07 pm »
True.

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

And you're all going "NUMA NUMA NUMAAAAAA!!!!"......

Hey! That reminds me!

Anyone ever see this?......
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pPCkhYMQgY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pPCkhYMQgY</a>
......I love it! They should do an updated version.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #5517 on: March 09, 2015, 02:27:44 pm »
*BLEH*

Who knows?  But wouldn't it be hilarious if it turned out he was actually a very dedicated satirist?

At some point it stops mattering if you're being super racist or just ironically super racist. The observable results are the same.
Σא

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #5518 on: March 09, 2015, 02:44:29 pm »
*BLEH*

At some point it stops mattering if you're being super racist or just ironically super racist. The observable results are the same.

Of course. How else could "Poe's Law" exist.

Personally, I feel that A Wyatt Mann really believes the junk he draws. *yuck*

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5519 on: March 09, 2015, 06:03:02 pm »
*BLEH*

Who knows?  But wouldn't it be hilarious if it turned out he was a very dedicated satirist?

A "Deep-Cover Liberal"? Now THAT would be something!

Satirist is not the same as a liberal.