Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1671330 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5610 on: April 24, 2015, 07:43:24 pm »
Think you got worst mixed up with best.
I didn't.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5611 on: April 24, 2015, 09:19:17 pm »
Really?  Cause I wanna know how in the fucking world this is Worst Political Cartoons with all the shit that's going on right here, right now.

Ironbite-go on...fucking tell me.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5612 on: April 24, 2015, 09:43:35 pm »
It's distributed by Cagle. Cagle only has one rule to bar a cartoonist from their syndicate; no extreme wing nut shit allowed, left or right. The cartoon has lightly bitter humor to express that all the news about killer cops is approaching the omega point. Just about fucking everyone - even grandmas - no longer blindly trust the police.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #5613 on: April 24, 2015, 09:59:07 pm »
So...how is this worst political cartoon?  Pretty fucking spot on if you ask me.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5614 on: April 24, 2015, 10:37:19 pm »
The grandma is depicted as ugly and has a giant mouth and is talking to her cat. This all indicates the cartoonist is saying the fact she doesn't trust cops is meant to be considered crazy.

The cop is depicted as being annoyed at the fact the old lady is video taping him, and is depicted as being the good guy in this scenario (he has his arms outstretched, indicating he is going to due the right thing and rescue the cat, meaning their is no ambiguity in the situation.)

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #5615 on: April 24, 2015, 10:38:27 pm »
That still doesn't make it WPC material though.

Ironbite-try harder next time.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5616 on: April 24, 2015, 11:57:13 pm »

The message of the cartoon is that only crazy people are afraid around cops. I'd say that belongs in WPC.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #5617 on: April 25, 2015, 06:01:34 am »
Or, and here's a more balanced interpretation, even the crazy peoe are afraid of the cops and the good cops are tired of being feared

Ironbite- a good cartoon
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 07:06:25 am by ironbite »

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #5618 on: April 25, 2015, 07:01:58 am »

The message of the cartoon is that only crazy people are afraid around cops. I'd say that belongs in WPC.
That's how I read it too.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5619 on: April 25, 2015, 11:39:25 am »
Or, and here's a more balanced interpretation, even the crazy peoe are afraid of the cops and the good cops are tired of being feared

Ironbite- a good cartoon
Yes, I like this interpretation.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5620 on: April 25, 2015, 12:12:18 pm »
And it just wouldn't ever be distributed by the Cagle syndicate if it was a wingnut, unreasonable cartoon.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5621 on: April 25, 2015, 12:18:22 pm »
And it just wouldn't ever be distributed by the Cagle syndicate if it was a wingnut, unreasonable cartoon.

Or a moonbat, unreasonable cartoon.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
« Reply #5622 on: April 26, 2015, 01:01:29 am »
I knoq this is an old cartoon, but JFC is it wretched.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 12:11:56 pm by I am lizard »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5623 on: April 26, 2015, 01:25:03 am »
1.  While I agree the cartoon is flawed in portraying the Martin and Zimmerman camps as being equally bad (I found the Zimmerman camp to be worse, if only because it seemed to attract so many wingnuts), it nevertheless calls for dialogue and understanding, which I find to be admirable.  Furthermore, we don't know exactly what happened.  If you want my perspective, I think Zimmerman was the one at fault, because of his violent track record.

2.  It's not 1965 anymore.  While we're not at the mountaintop yet, African-Americans have made incredible strides.  Just twenty years ago, the idea of a black president was almost inconceivable.  Institutionalized racism still exists, there's no doubt about that, but things have changed for the better, and I think they'll continue to do so.

3.  In my humble opinion, Affirmative Action is worthy of criticism.  But I don't think so because of misapplied quotes.  Rather, I think the degree to which race-based Affirmative Action (at least for African-Americans) is still necessary ought to be examined.  Nothing is above being questioned or criticized.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5624 on: April 26, 2015, 01:40:16 am »
1.  While I agree the cartoon is flawed in portraying the Martin and Zimmerman camps as being equally bad (I found the Zimmerman camp to be worse, if only because it seemed to attract so many wingnuts), it nevertheless calls for dialogue and understanding, which I find to be admirable.  Furthermore, we don't know exactly what happened.  If you want my perspective, I think Zimmerman was the one at fault, because of his violent track record.

Yeah, the sentiment is a good one, "try to place yourself in the other persons shoes." This particular incident might even have a shred of doubt on what happened... If you ignore the fact that Zimmerman put himself in that situation on purpose and didn't seem to have a reason to confront Martin (unless "being black" is automatic reason to apprehend person for likelyhood of being a criminal.) Anyway, Zimmerman's fanclub certainly is the worse one.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!