Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1673266 times)

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #6090 on: November 18, 2015, 07:23:17 am »
I don't really see the link between "helping build new mosques in Europe" and "spreading a fundamentalist Muslim sect", tbh.
The Mosques need preachers and Saudis bring Muslims from all around the world to the school they have built for this purpose. Those preachers are then sent to the Mosques the Saudis have funded to spread the Salafi doctrine. This is not a conspiracy theory, it's something scholars, intelligence officials and many Muslims are well aware of. I don't know if you noticed the outrage and worry the Shia Muslims expressed when the news came that there will be a Saudi funded grand Mosque in Helsinki.

Even Then

« Reply #6091 on: November 18, 2015, 07:40:52 am »
I don't really keep up with current Muslim events in Finland, and honestly I don't watch the news that much ^^;

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6092 on: November 18, 2015, 07:48:26 am »
Yeah, the main problem is that when Saudis build a Mosque only their Imams are allowed to preach in them and these are from a different branch of Islam.

Kinda like if a bunch of Orthodox Christians were seeking refuge in a faraway land and Catholic Church would declare that they will build a church for them. ...Except that only Catholic priests are allowed to preach in the church. ...Actually you could replace Catholics with (incredibly rich in this fictional scenario) Westoro Baptist Church...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

pyro

« Reply #6093 on: November 18, 2015, 11:13:21 am »
I assume that they are talking Spanish (or what the artist probably calls "Mexican") so that the readers know they are the "bad" kind of foreigners...

Really? I thought it was just because the reader would probably not understand "I don't speak English" in Arabic.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #6094 on: November 18, 2015, 11:30:21 am »
I'm likely giving it far too much credit, but I read it as them trying to pass themselves off as Hispanic, rather than Arabic.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6095 on: November 18, 2015, 11:38:14 am »
Trying to dodge the issue by pretending not to understand the question. That's the old "No hablo Ingles" or "Yo no se" joke. It's been done in movies many times, often quite funny.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #6096 on: November 19, 2015, 11:06:38 am »

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6097 on: November 19, 2015, 11:12:50 am »
is that... marx? big non-sequitur.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6098 on: November 19, 2015, 11:17:58 am »

I got the impression that the comic is pro-Marxist.

The artist shows that communists have fought against Nazism for a long time and draws a parallel between Neo-Nazis and SJWs and demands that the workers of the world keep fighting these evils.

...Whether you think that SJW Tumblerites are as bad as Net-Neo-Nazis is another matter but the artist seems to think so.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #6099 on: November 19, 2015, 11:34:36 am »

I got the impression that the comic is pro-Marxist.

The artist shows that communists have fought against Nazism for a long time and draws a parallel between Neo-Nazis and SJWs and demands that the workers of the world keep fighting these evils.

...Whether you think that SJW Tumblerites are as bad as Net-Neo-Nazis is another matter but the artist seems to think so.

i got that, it's still a non-sequitur to bring marx into a commie vs nazi fight, and an even bigger one to bring it to a feminazi vs commie one (see what i did there?). i mean, marx may have sorta-kinda inspired communism, but still.

disclaimer: that was just for pun.
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6100 on: November 19, 2015, 11:43:30 am »
Yeah, let's ignore the inconvenient fact that Marx was quite anti-Semitic himself.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #6101 on: November 19, 2015, 11:45:07 am »
Yeah, let's ignore the inconvenient fact that Marx was quite anti-Semitic himself.

A wise man once said, "if you have hate in your heart, let it out."
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

pyro

« Reply #6102 on: November 19, 2015, 12:18:15 pm »
So he would agree with the Nazis on that issue. Admittedly, it's the issue that makes the Nazis despicable, but he would still disagree with their economic policies.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #6103 on: November 19, 2015, 12:38:21 pm »
So he would agree with the Nazis on that issue. Admittedly, it's the issue that makes the Nazis despicable, but he would still disagree with their economic policies.

I don't think he exactly agreed with the Nazis on Judaism, either. His father was a Jew who converted to Lutheranism, as far as the Nazis are concerned Marx was a Jew too.
Σא

pyro

« Reply #6104 on: November 19, 2015, 12:46:13 pm »

I don't think he exactly agreed with the Nazis on Judaism, either. His father was a Jew who converted to Lutheranism, as far as the Nazis are concerned Marx was a Jew too.

I'm not sure what to think of that.