Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1676370 times)

Offline TigerHunter

• Bishop
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #1755 on: October 15, 2012, 05:57:32 pm »
Does it not occur to them that maybe if we paid teachers more, we'd have a wider variety of applicants attracted to the field resulting in better-quality teachers? Instead of the current system where experienced teachers are being laid off so that the school can hire inexperienced ones fresh out of college for less cost?

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1756 on: October 15, 2012, 07:16:21 pm »
But teachers are lazy moochers!  Plus they get three months holiday a year!!  Overpaid babysitters!!!  *begins frothing at mouth*

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #1757 on: October 15, 2012, 08:06:46 pm »
Hey, if the kid isn't doing great it school it must be the teacher's fault. Because its not like we live in a culture where "Intellectual" gets used as a pejorative, right?
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #1758 on: October 16, 2012, 05:07:45 am »
Their children mean nothing to them, they're little more than trophies.  Something to be taken out and shown to the neighbors, to be polished and made into whatever image they desire, and woe betide anyone who dares try to turn them into individuals.  Proof of male virility, female fertility, of supposed kindness, capacity to love, and caring...or, at least, so they think.  Having a child only proves that your sex organs function normally.  Raising a child is what proves your capacity as a parent.

It means you can put another stick figure on the back window of your minivan.

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #1759 on: October 16, 2012, 07:11:34 am »
Their children mean nothing to them, they're little more than trophies.  Something to be taken out and shown to the neighbors, to be polished and made into whatever image they desire, and woe betide anyone who dares try to turn them into individuals.  Proof of male virility, female fertility, of supposed kindness, capacity to love, and caring...or, at least, so they think.  Having a child only proves that your sex organs function normally.  Raising a child is what proves your capacity as a parent.

It means you can put another stick figure on the back window of your minivan.

My stick figures are skulls on one car and zombies on the other.  Neither is a mini-van.  My wife wants to replace the skulls with Star Wars ones

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1760 on: October 16, 2012, 09:26:48 pm »
MY EYEEEEEESSS!!!!!!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vinI2Dqj9hc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vinI2Dqj9hc</a>
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1761 on: October 16, 2012, 09:43:03 pm »
Huh, despite the shitty message, the guy's voice is actually goo--

*gets to the ch-ch-ch-ch-changes part*

AGH MY EARS HE FAILED HARD THERE
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #1762 on: October 16, 2012, 11:36:21 pm »
...Why is he Jareth? "Changes" predates Labyrinth by 14 years. I mean, I get that too many young people wouldn't get Ziggy Stardust but still. Jareth has nothing to do with the song.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1763 on: October 16, 2012, 11:47:13 pm »
I think you'll find that he just likes dressing up as Jareth the goblin' king.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #1764 on: October 17, 2012, 10:57:48 pm »
I think you'll find that he just likes dressing up as Jareth the goblin' king.

But of course.  Jareth is fabulous.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1765 on: October 18, 2012, 12:28:28 am »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1766 on: October 18, 2012, 12:32:51 am »
Ah yes, the classic "Abortion is demeaning to women" approach.

It'd be a lot easier to take that seriously if these same people didn't turn around and demean women themselves.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #1767 on: October 18, 2012, 12:33:32 am »

... I'll admit that this is the first one in a long time that I've seen someone call out the guys in the whole abortion thing.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1768 on: October 18, 2012, 12:34:01 am »
You should have seen the Facebook comments on it.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1769 on: October 21, 2012, 03:47:24 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.