Author Topic: AIDS denialism  (Read 10008 times)

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
Re: AIDS denialism
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 07:04:19 am »
"Big Pharma" might be the single dumbest phrase ever invented.

Nope.  "Creation science" has it beat by a mile.

I generally stop taking anyone seriously whenever they first mention "Big Pharma".

I prefer the term "pharmaceutical lobby".

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 03:28:04 pm »
Also fun: playing in traffic.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 11:07:26 am »
Any time AIDS is brought up around here I have to tell everyone, in detail, why it did not come from a gay guy butt fucking a monkey, and that being gay has nothing to do with it. Then there's people who think it's a good thing because "it kills all those damn niggers". 

Have I mentioned that I really hate my state?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 01:31:11 pm »
Any time AIDS is brought up around here I have to tell everyone, in detail, why it did not come from a gay guy butt fucking a monkey, and that being gay has nothing to do with it. Then there's people who think it's a good thing because "it kills all those damn niggers". 

Have I mentioned that I really hate my state?

Don't worry. I have people who believe that it's only a disease of fags, prostitutes, and city folks so it's a good thing because it punishes them, so they don't need to protect themselves because it would never run rampant among religious country folks.  ::)
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 02:59:00 pm »
I have heard in my lifetime the following claims of "truth."

1. AIDS is an artificially created bioweapon designed by the government to kill blacks. According to this individual it was made by the same CIA scientists that made Sickle Cell Anemia, but they got it wrong and it ended up attacking the "gay gene" rather than the "black gene."

2. HIV is a harmless virus found in almost all humans and AIDS does not exist at all, but is a syndrome deliberately caused by doctors using a cocktail of toxic drugs in order to cheat the government out of money for bogus research.

3. AIDS can not be contracted by any kind of physical contact or behavior, but is one of the Biblical plagues that has been revived by God as direct punishment for sinners. The only way to get it is for God to plant the disease directly in you.

4. AIDS is an attempt by the white governments of the world to wipe out the population of Africa so they can sweep in and steal all of the natural resources.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2012, 03:42:01 pm »
Yeah I know about Christine Maggiore and Peter Duesberg and the rest of that scum. Duesberg peddled his whacky beliefs on Focal Point, the AFA radio show. Needless to say, Bryan Fischer ate it all up.

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2012, 10:20:00 am »
Yeah I know about Christine Maggiore and Peter Duesberg and the rest of that scum. Duesberg peddled his whacky beliefs on Focal Point, the AFA radio show. Needless to say, Bryan Fischer ate it all up.
Why am I not surprised?

I always have this thing about conspiracy theorists. They believe in these things because they're more susceptible to this kind of shit; hence they usually believe a whole buffet of crazy ideas. Its rare to find a conspiracy theorist with only one misguided belief.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2012, 06:06:08 am »
4. AIDS is an attempt by the white governments of the world to wipe out the population of Africa so they can sweep in and steal all of the natural resources.

You can't blame them for being paranoid, though. I mean, white governments do love their natural resources and don't mind killing black people for them.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2012, 07:28:55 am »

I generally stop taking anyone seriously whenever they first mention "Big Pharma".
Indeed. "Big _____" has much the same rhetorical effect as "The Secret Society of Super Villians: _____ Division".

My favorite is “Big Labor” “The Secret Society of Super Villains: Labor Division.”
-A Pen Name

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2012, 07:38:11 am »

Indeed. "Big _____" has much the same rhetorical effect as "The Secret Society of Super Villians: _____ Division".

My favorite is “Big Labor” “The Secret Society of Super Villains: Labor Division.”

The Secret Society of Super Villains: Long Division
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #25 on: March 07, 2012, 09:35:51 pm »
Put that through our translator in reverse and we get: Big Long.
-A Pen Name

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: March 07, 2012, 11:55:59 pm »
Put that through our translator in reverse and we get: Big Long.

Like my dick, hur hur hur.

Come on, I just had to do it.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2012, 09:12:36 pm »
I would have been disappointed had you not.
-A Pen Name

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2012, 09:27:55 pm »
I just had to do it.

That's what she said.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)