Author Topic: Saint John Bosco’s real vision of hell.  (Read 15541 times)

Offline Shawn Harvey Jackson

• Neonate
Saint John Bosco’s real vision of hell.
« on: December 17, 2018, 10:27:41 am »
https://churchpop.com/2015/10/28/5-saints-who-had-terrifying-visions-of-hell/

In 1868, St. John Bosco claimed to have had a dream about hell. His full narration is fairly long, so here is just a short excerpt:

“As soon as I crossed its threshold, I felt an indescribable terror and dared not take another step. Ahead of me I could see something like an immense cave which gradually disappeared into recesses sunk far into the bowels of the mountains. They were all ablaze, but theirs was not an earthly fire with leaping tongues of flames. The entire cave – walls, ceiling, floor, iron, stones, wood, and coal – everything was a glowing white at temperatures of thousands of degrees. Yet the fire did not incinerate, did not consume. I simply can’t find words to describe the cavern’s horror. […]

“[My guide] seized my hand, forced it open, and pressed it against the first of the thousand walls. The sensation was so utterly excruciating that I leaped back with a scream and found myself sitting up in bed.

“My hand was stinging and I kept rubbing it to ease the pain. When I got up this morning I noticed that it was swollen. Having my hand pressed against the wall, though only in a dream, felt so real that, later, the skin of my palm peeled off.

“Bear in mind that I have tried not to frighten you very much, and so I have not described these things in all their horror as I saw them and as they impressed me. We know that Our Lord always portrayed Hell in symbols because, had He described it as it really is, we would not have understood Him. No mortal can comprehend these things.”

It can’t just be a dream because dreams don’t cause people to wake up with a stinging swollen hand that causes skin to peal off. It proves that he really went to hell.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2018, 03:25:07 pm by Shawn Harvey Jackson »

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Saint John Bosco’s real vision of hell.
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2018, 04:53:17 pm »
So how many independent medical records are there of treatment to his hand?

Offline Shawn Harvey Jackson

• Neonate
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 05:23:10 pm »

His Wikipedia article proves that he was too noble to lie.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Bosco

While working in Turin, where the population suffered many of the effects of industrialization and urbanization, he dedicated his life to the betterment and education of street children, juvenile delinquents, and other disadvantaged youth. He developed teaching methods based on love rather than punishment, a method that became known as the Salesian Preventive System.[6]

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 05:42:47 pm »

His Wikipedia article proves that he was too noble to lie.

In other words, none.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 06:17:33 pm »
He's the patron saint of illusionists and stage magicians.  So not full of shit at all.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2018, 11:31:22 pm »
Oh god, we've got another one on here? :(

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 02:48:32 am »
Jacob sent me a PM on Reddit, well-many PMs. One insisting this dude is totally not him and doesn't have the same IP address. The rest were new chapters which he passionately pleaded I send to someone. I told him that I'm currently sitting on a beach drinking brewskis with no fucks to give. The saga continues...

Offline Shawn Jackson

• Neonate
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 06:27:05 am »
Jacob sent me a PM on Reddit, well-many PMs. One insisting this dude is totally not him and doesn't have the same IP address. The rest were new chapters which he passionately pleaded I send to someone. I told him that I'm currently sitting on a beach drinking brewskis with no fucks to give. The saga continues...

Luckily I posted the story for Jacob in Creative Outlets.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 07:24:31 am »

Luckily I posted the story for Jacob in Creative Outlets.
That's mighty white of you, Jake.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2018, 07:52:14 pm »
Man you just don't get the message do you?