Author Topic: Ben Shapiro Caught Talking Up Trump's Detention Camps  (Read 2956 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Ben Shapiro Caught Talking Up Trump's Detention Camps
« on: May 21, 2019, 02:14:58 am »
http://www.rightwingwatch.org/post/ben-shapiro-people-actually-are-being-treated-pretty-humanely-in-detention-centers/

Ah I am sure he is not a gateway drug to membership in one alt-right thug group or another.

Doesn't this remind anyone of anything else? You know "oh those Jews? They're having so much fun in those camps. So much fun." And this is even more vile when one remembers Ben is from a Jewish family. What the fuck Ben?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Ben Shapiro Caught Talking Up Trump's Detention Camps
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2019, 03:21:14 am »
The ideology is the religion. All observable facts must be contorted to fit or, if they won't fit, denied or disregarded.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 02:08:49 am »
Never forget Mr "Facts don't care about your feelings" flipped out on BBC and self-owned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUP4uJto99w&t=3s

He defended the Alabama Abortion ban shit even.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 04:41:08 am »
He's used to debating 20-something people on subjects that he himself has studied. He himself does not answer questions, he pulls out stats and whatnot and is on the offensive, sidestepping questions and then makes edited clips about the best "owning the libs" moments. One of the more important aspects in his style of debating is to make sure that nothing is about him or his beliefs. Always put the focus on the other person so that you can point out their flaws but never allow yourself to be the focus and never admit to holding a position because that position could be flawed.

Then he ended up in an interview...

Where he is supposed to answer questions AND explain his positions and arguments in the book. That's not what he is used to, that's where he is the weakest. So of course he panicked, he might have been forced to admit something of his own beliefs. Granted that answering the questions normally would been less embarrassing that practically running away crying after accusing the right-wing interviewer of being a leftist, but in a panic he fell back to his normal playstyle.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline fluffyDbringer

• Neonate
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2019, 05:52:57 am »
I for one am shocked that the man who believes it's okay to murder and otherwise oppress palestinians because they "like living in mud and bombing shit" would dismiss the suffering of foreigners and delegitimize human rights complaints
"However, intelligent people can see the same issues, evidence, and inferences, and reach different conclusions. That is the human experience."
- The Queen

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2019, 02:07:43 pm »
He's used to debating 20-something people on subjects that he himself has studied. He himself does not answer questions, he pulls out stats and whatnot and is on the offensive, sidestepping questions and then makes edited clips about the best "owning the libs" moments. One of the more important aspects in his style of debating is to make sure that nothing is about him or his beliefs. Always put the focus on the other person so that you can point out their flaws but never allow yourself to be the focus and never admit to holding a position because that position could be flawed.

Where he is supposed to answer questions AND explain his positions and arguments in the book. That's not what he is used to, that's where he is the weakest. So of course he panicked, he might have been forced to admit something of his own beliefs. Granted that answering the questions normally would been less embarrassing that practically running away crying after accusing the right-wing interviewer of being a leftist, but in a panic he fell back to his normal playstyle.

A technique commonly referred to as the "Gish Gallop".  Which fails if the person on the other side is aware of what the Gish Galloper is trying to do and insists on staying on the topic, rather than allowing irrelevant trips into side topics in Fantasyland.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2019, 03:51:50 pm »

That type of debate technique sounds...familiar.

Ironbite-a little too Paragony.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2019, 08:49:49 pm »
Are you saying Paragon tried to argue like Ben Shapiro?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2019, 09:08:17 pm »
I'm saying Paragon IS Ben Shapiro.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2019, 09:56:29 pm »
Nah, Shapiro is actually good at gish galloping. Our favorite punching bag actually let us respond to things.
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2019, 12:35:24 am »
Nah, Shapiro is actually good at gish galloping. Our favorite punching bag actually let us respond to things.

Hard to Gish Gallop in a medium like this.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2019, 01:46:05 am »

Hard to Gish Gallop in a medium like this.

[insert 20 links to long articles and 5 2h30min Liveleak videos]
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2019, 01:47:11 am »
Point.

Offline big_electron

• Neonate
Shapiro not so sharp...
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2019, 09:34:30 pm »
Is there anyone else who thinks that Ben Shapiro is really not very smart? He knows how to appear smart, but I think he's kinda dull in the head.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2019, 02:22:51 am »
He's not just from a Jewish family, but an observant Orthodox Jew. It's not obvious because he (like me) prefers black yarmulkes, but he's always wearing one. He might actually be the most prominent Orthodox Jew in America today. And that thought fills me with shame.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!