Author Topic: The Atheist should self censor.  (Read 45025 times)

Offline Atheism Exposed

• Neonate
  • Eternally Saved
The Atheist should self censor.
« on: February 22, 2013, 11:45:29 am »
Atheists and so-called "non-religious" people residing in christian countries are always very vocal and very keen to destroy the foundations of that society, I have noticed.

Despite the liberties granted to them magnanimously by Christian society, they nevertheless refuse to reciprocate this kindness and instead seek laws and conventions designed to limit the rights of believers to practice their faith freely.

Atheism produces nothing but demands everything, a comparatively TINY minority of Atheists think it right that a majority christian nation conforms entirely to an Atheistic way of doing things, all the while refusing to acknowledge that all of the freedoms they enjoy and abuse stem from the faith they hate so much.

An Atheistic society is an authoritarian horror and a police state, and yet this is what the Atheist movement would have us emulate.  This MUST NOT be allowed to happen.

Visit my Youtube channel for more videos and information :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ5PX9YnqI2le1uwXxWwQ6w

Distind

Re: The Atheist should self censor.
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 12:00:13 pm »
Just because I'm sure someone will see the humor in this.

My first through on reading this? "Jesus fucking christ"

A few quick notes, the US isn't a christian country. We've got a lot of christians, they've been influential throughout it's history, but none of them have managed anything beyond adding god into the pledge and onto currency. Which is almost certainly a good thing for people like you because of all the factions of christianity the founding fathers wouldn't have picked yours. Largely as it didn't exist yet. I'm taking a bit of a bet, but there's only a few who have the balls to call this a christian country, and most of them where created well after we were already a country.

Which amusingly could make your religion itself American. Even if the country itself doesn't particularly care.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 12:00:47 pm »
I know there's some rule about not feeding the troll but, I feel like indulging myself.

Atheists and so-called "non-religious" people residing in christian countries are always very vocal and very keen to destroy the foundations of that society, I have noticed.
In what way have you noticed this? And in what "Christian countries"?

Despite the liberties granted to them magnanimously by Christian society, they nevertheless refuse to reciprocate this kindness and instead seek laws and conventions designed to limit the rights of believers to practice their faith freely.
This depends on what society you're even talking about. Start out by picking a so-called "Christian society" and go from there.

Atheism produces nothing but demands everything, a comparatively TINY minority of Atheists think it right that a majority christian nation conforms entirely to an Atheistic way of doing things, all the while refusing to acknowledge that all of the freedoms they enjoy and abuse stem from the faith they hate so much.

An Atheistic society is an authoritarian horror and a police state, and yet this is what the Atheist movement would have us emulate.  This MUST NOT be allowed to happen.
Can you come up with any examples of a "TINY minority of Atheists" trying to force a majority Christian nation to conform to "an Atheistic way of doing things"? Or a society that, because of a prevailing disbelief in god(s), is an "authoritarian horror and a police state"? Honestly all I see are vague assertions and crass generalizations.

Offline Atheism Exposed

• Neonate
  • Eternally Saved
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 12:13:50 pm »
A few quick notes, the US isn't a christian country.

I wasn't referring to America, nor am I even american.

We've got a lot of christians, they've been influential throughout it's history, but none of them have managed anything beyond adding god into the pledge and onto currency.

So you're saying that all of the great minds that contributed to America's social, economic and military success since 1776 have all been Atheists and all christians have done in that time is put up monuments?  That's a very twisted view of your history...

Which amusingly could make your religion itself American. Even if the country itself doesn't particularly care.

The Church of England is an American religion now?  Have you torn up the declaration of independance while I wasn't looking?

Offline Atheism Exposed

• Neonate
  • Eternally Saved
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 12:16:14 pm »
I know there's some rule about not feeding the troll but, I feel like indulging myself.

Case in point, The United Kingdom.  Atheists and homosexuals have spent the last half century trying to force their social orthodoxy onto our national church.

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 12:17:11 pm »
A few quick notes, the US isn't a christian country.

I wasn't referring to America, nor am I even american.

We've got a lot of christians, they've been influential throughout it's history, but none of them have managed anything beyond adding god into the pledge and onto currency.

So you're saying that all of the great minds that contributed to America's social, economic and military success since 1776 have all been Atheists and all christians have done in that time is put up monuments?  That's a very twisted view of your history...
But how much of that was a result of these peoples' Christianity?

The Church of England is an American religion now?  Have you torn up the declaration of independance while I wasn't looking?
wat

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 12:18:03 pm »

Case in point, The United Kingdom.  Atheists and homosexuals have spent the last half century trying to force their social orthodoxy onto our national church.
Okay, you're getting closer to an answer we can work with. Now, what has specifically been done that you view as an attack on the CoE?

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 12:19:10 pm »
Hey, thanks for making a thread of your own for me to troll without derailing another thread.  That was awfully considerate of you.

See more on Know Your Meme
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 01:05:42 pm »

That would mean that USA becomes British not the other way round. Church of England would became american religion only if:
a) USA takes over Britain and b) American in this case refers to USA and not the continents.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 01:20:31 pm »
OH LOOK SOMEONE SPECIAL FOR ME TO POKE!

Ironbite-I'll get my stick.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 01:30:34 pm »
OH LOOK SOMEONE SPECIAL FOR ME TO POKE!

Ironbite-I'll get my stick.

Dare I ask where you've been keeping that stick? *raises eyebrow*

I kid, of course. ;)
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 01:49:34 pm »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 01:52:34 pm »
Christians and other religious people residing in secular countries are always very vocal and very keen to destroy the foundations of that society, I have noticed.

Despite the liberties granted to them magnanimously by secular society, they nevertheless refuse to reciprocate this kindness and instead seek laws and conventions designed to limit the rights of non-believers to freely not practice a faith.

Christianity produces nothing but demands everything, and think it right that a secular nation conforms entirely to an Christian way of doing things, all the while refusing to acknowledge that all of the freedoms they enjoy and abuse stem from the lack of faith they hate so much.

An Christian society is an authoritarian horror and a police state, and yet this is what the Christian movement would have us emulate.  This MUST NOT be allowed to happen.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 01:58:20 pm »
0/10, obvious troll is obvious

Still keeping it for the lulz until it gets boring
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Distind

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 02:45:03 pm »
Oh wow.

I figured american because... well... most of the brits I know consider the COE a bit of a joke. Including the Christians.

Ok, you do live in a nominally christian country. See how well that's worked out for you? Though I will point out that my founders looked at your church and intentionally excluded it from any of our founding documents. They were breaking away at the time, but we've wound up with plenty of new groups over here to make up the difference and then some if you compare the number of people who are religious across the two countries.