Community > Religion and Philosophy

A Shamanist fundie?

(1/4) > >>

Osama bin Bambi:
With an unhealthy dose of paranoia. According to him, everyone is possessed by demons, they are responsible for every single bad thought and thing ever, and they control the world (OF COURSE).

--- Quote ---Our demon masters, who were overjoyed when humans invented agriculture and became a semblance of them, are presently ecstatic that humans have adopted an urban society wholly disconnected from nature. We are turning the green, loving earth into a hell world. At least, when most humans were doing agriculture, they were still attached to the earth’s love and the rhythms of the universe. Now, urban society has cut humans off completely from the earth’s love. When does anyone even look at a tree anymore except through a speeding windshield or a television screen? And the food – the Soylent Green – which people today eat from supermarkets, … Welcome to hell, folks! You don’t have to wait until you die. Hell is right here, right now. The worst part of it is that most people have been trained to call this heaven. And the demons are eating it up. Eating us up.

--- End quote ---

http://www.shamanicjourney.com/article/6277/demons

He might be some other neopagan besides a Shamanist, but I'm just basing that off the URL and the info on the page.

Old Viking:
It seems to be a knee-jerk reaction to bad-mouth demons.

Witchyjoshy:
LOL.

Do you know any reactions to this guy from actual shamans?  I'd be most interested to see them, namely because I have a hunch that most of them will think this guy is cuckoo.

Mechtaur:
This man makes President Buer and Prince Stolas cry, they love plants.

DharmicDalek:
Sweet Jesus.

In Hinduism, it often said as a metaphor that negative thoughts are LIKE demons but it's nothing quite like this...

Yeesh. This is the shit you expect a Pentecostal nutjob to spew.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version