Author Topic: Obama endorses same-sex marriage  (Read 14400 times)

Saturn500

Re: Obama endorses same-sex marriage
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2012, 07:08:56 pm »

Actual Foxnews.com headline.

Thank you for not even hinting that that was photoshopped. I e-mailed that to my Fox News Nut mother thinking it was real to get her to stop believing that BS news station. [slow clap]
Because it wasn't photoshopped.
Huh, I checked, and the headline only said the first part. Maybe they changed it? Of course, the article I saw was posted one day after that one, so maybe they removed it because the headline was a bit on the nose.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2012, 07:38:53 pm »
As was mentioned they quickly changed it.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2012, 06:14:18 am »
http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0512/76190.html

And here I thought Obama's support of gay marriage would give more ammunition for right-wingers to demonize him. That or they are still plotting their counter attack.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2012, 03:13:51 pm »
Top Republican officeholders went out of their way Thursday to try to shift the conversation back to the economy

What do you mean 'back?'  When did the right every talk about the economy in the first place?  All I heard/read was anti-gay, anti-abortion, pro-religion (Christianity) BS. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2012, 07:46:34 pm »
The man has balls! Who knew?

This comment seems that statement pops up from time to time.
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2012, 08:47:59 pm »
Yeah! Obama had the balls to endorse the Cheney view of gay marriage- I'd prefer it, but it's someone else's job! Even though his base strongly supported that position, and his opponents likely thought he held it anyway! What bravery!
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #36 on: May 11, 2012, 09:18:35 pm »
Top Republican officeholders went out of their way Thursday to try to shift the conversation back to the economy

What do you mean 'back?'  When did the right every talk about the economy in the first place?  All I heard/read was anti-gay, anti-abortion, pro-religion (Christianity) BS.

You know. Ending welfare, cutting taxes for the wealthiest Americans, allowing major companies to go bankrupt, granting subsidies to oil companies, pumping tax dollars into military spending.

WHY WOULD ANYONE WHO IS HOMOSEXUAL BE A PART OF THE GOP!?

Ironbite-really irks me.

They hate poor people and/or foreigners.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 09:20:07 pm by Lexikon »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline driewerf

• Neonate
« Reply #37 on: May 13, 2012, 03:11:41 am »
Rather Jealous of you yanks right now, we have an atheist, female P.M. who says she's opposed to gay marriage because she pithily explains that marriage between a man and a woman "has a special status".

We simply have a gay Prime Minister.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2012, 07:54:18 pm »
You guys don’t understand, Obama purposely did this to put Romney at a disadvantage. As expected this issue drags up another Romney contradiction. He is against gay marriage but for gay adoption.

This is about the development and nurturing of children. Marriage is primarily an institution to help develop children and children's development, I believe, is greatly enhanced by access to a mom and a dad.
I think every child deserves a mom and a dad, and that's why I'm so consistent and vehement in my view that we should have a federal amendment which defines marriage in that way.

Except when!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMWphSqLRmE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMWphSqLRmE</a>

The actual law

DOES NOT COMPUTE. I cannot wait for the debates, it’s going to be a bloodbath!
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #39 on: May 13, 2012, 09:00:15 pm »
Obama is basically controlling the Republican talking points.  They want to sell this on the economy and their base wants them to talk about gay marriage.  Obama then moves onto the economy, the Repubs play catch up.  And so on and so forth.  Obama basically takes the ball and keeps changing the subject and there's nothing the Republicans can do about it.

Ironbite-brilliant political strategy.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2012, 05:16:14 pm »

Actual Foxnews.com headline.

The fact that this isn't a 'shop for the Fox News Headline Game thread is... I'm quite literally at a loss for words to use here. I can't understand why anyone would watch Fox for news and actually believe it. Are people that stupid?!

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2012, 10:13:32 pm »
I'm quite literally at a loss for words to use here. I can't understand why anyone would watch Fox for news and actually believe it. Are people that stupid?!

« Last Edit: May 16, 2012, 10:17:11 pm by The Illusive Man »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2012, 01:06:06 am »
Obama is basically controlling the Republican talking points.  They want to sell this on the economy and their base wants them to talk about gay marriage.  Obama then moves onto the economy, the Repubs play catch up.  And so on and so forth.  Obama basically takes the ball and keeps changing the subject and there's nothing the Republicans can do about it.

Obama is controlling the Republicans' talking points because they are stupid enough to allow him to do so.  When Obama was elected, the GOP's base flipped their fucking shit, as most of you will recall.  Whether this was over his race, or over his perceived political stance, I will leave for you to decide.  But the GOP politicians figured that if they expected to stay in office, the party and its members would have to oppose Obama on every conceivable issue, regardless of whether or he was actually being reasonable or conciliatory.  The Tea Party proved this theory to be partially correct, as in many Congressional districts, those Republican representatives who were perceived as being insufficiently conservative (read:  insufficiently anti-Obama) were purged.

So while this may be a great political strategy on Obama's part, the actual effect it will have on the governance of the country will probably not be so great.  That's not necessarily Obama's fault, it is simply a reflection of the fact that a majority of Congress refuses to work with him.  Whatever the Republicans' true feelings are on a personal level, they are afraid that they will lose their jobs if they are seen by the public to be cooperating with him.  They are treating him like that one "uncool" kid we all knew in middle school:  he may have been an okay guy on a personal level, but no one wanted to be considered his friend for fear that it may damage their social standing.

This is what U.S. politics has been reduced to.  Fucking junior high bullshit.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2012, 07:53:16 pm »

Obama is controlling the Republicans' talking points because they are stupid enough to allow him to do so.  When Obama was elected, the GOP's base flipped their fucking shit, as most of you will recall.  Whether this was over his race, or over his perceived political stance, I will leave for you to decide.  But the GOP politicians figured that if they expected to stay in office, the party and its members would have to oppose Obama on every conceivable issue, regardless of whether or he was actually being reasonable or conciliatory.  The Tea Party proved this theory to be partially correct, as in many Congressional districts, those Republican representatives who were perceived as being insufficiently conservative (read:  insufficiently anti-Obama) were purged.

So while this may be a great political strategy on Obama's part, the actual effect it will have on the governance of the country will probably not be so great.  That's not necessarily Obama's fault, it is simply a reflection of the fact that a majority of Congress refuses to work with him.  Whatever the Republicans' true feelings are on a personal level, they are afraid that they will lose their jobs if they are seen by the public to be cooperating with him.  They are treating him like that one "uncool" kid we all knew in middle school:  he may have been an okay guy on a personal level, but no one wanted to be considered his friend for fear that it may damage their social standing.

This reminds me of that pledge to never raise taxes by Grover Norquist. He came up with it in highcshool thus its good for the federal government, DERP.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/390707/june-27-2011/grover-norquist

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2012, 01:37:31 am »

This reminds me of that pledge to never raise taxes by Grover Norquist. He came up with it in highcshool thus its good for the federal government, DERP.

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/390707/june-27-2011/grover-norquist

I thought the idea came from a sixth grader.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov