Author Topic: Voter Fraud Allegations  (Read 2028 times)

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
Voter Fraud Allegations
« on: September 28, 2012, 02:22:32 am »
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Voter Fraud Allegations
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2012, 02:36:22 am »
"We're gonna get our candidate some votes illegitimately?"
"Tha fuck?  Get outta here?"
"How's that any different from the shit you're doing?"
"We're just making sure black people can't vote.  And women.  And people we don't like.  ...Wait."
"YEAAAAAAAAAAAH."
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2012, 04:10:20 pm »
Need I say it?  I'm shocked!  Shocked!
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 11:01:56 am »
More as of late last night...

Mary Blackwell, a volunteer for the League of Women Voters in Okaloosa County, said she was registering voters this month at Northwest Florida State College. Sitting nearby was a man who said he was registering voters for the Republican Party of Florida. The man told her he received $12 an hour but had to bring in at least 10 forms to get paid.

Paul Lux, the election supervisor for Okaloosa County, a Republican who is still combing through registration forms in his office, said he was told by several “concerned citizens,” including Ms. Blackwell, that the employees were being paid for the number of forms they brought back.

In Florida, it is illegal to pay someone per registration form.

“I told my friends in the party then that paying people to do this was a bad idea, and it almost inevitably leads to problems,” Mr. Lux said. “Unfortunately, I was not proven wrong.”

Fred Petti, a lawyer for Strategic Allied, said the employees were paid only by the hour, with no quota attached. He added that they also were instructed to register anyone from any political party, not just the Republican Party.

Previous investigations of Mr. Sproul’s operations focused on efforts to register only Republicans or allegations that Democratic forms were torn up. Mr. Petti also said that Mr. Sproul cooperated with the Palm Beach County election supervisor to find out who was at fault and has offered to do the same with other election supervisors.

In Palm Beach County, one person was responsible for the fraudulent forms, officials said. Mr. Petti said he does not yet know how widespread the problem is in other counties.

Election supervisors said they have come across forms with handwriting that did not match previous registration forms, bogus addresses and other identifiers like driver’s license numbers that appeared to be invalid. But in other cases, the forms were just incomplete, which does not constitute fraud.

“Until we see what the cards are, it’s hard for us to comment,” Mr. Petti said.

Mark Anderson, the Bay County supervisor, said he has found eight questionable forms in his county, but he is looking for more. The forms had either unchecked boxes for party affiliation or signatures that looked different from previous ones. He said he had also received calls from voters who said they had not changed their party affiliation, although it appeared they had. “I don’t believe there is going to be massive numbers,” Mr. Anderson said.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/30/us/politics/suspicious-voter-forms-found-in-10-florida-counties.html?_r=0

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 04:00:16 pm »
Something's rotten in the house of the GOP.

Ironbite-the blatant evil is finally coming home to roost.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 06:49:24 am »
I will say this... Signatures can change over time. I recently found something I had signed when I was in high school and the signature looks nothing like the way I sign my name today.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2012, 07:29:48 am »
I really have to ask here, what the hell is up with having to register as a voter and belonging to a specific political party? I am sad to say but the whole thing sounds messed up. Why is there this outreach to try and register republican voters? Why do these forms have party affiliation boxes? Surely that cant be right. Isn't the ability to vote granted by being a States citizen? Wouldn't the social security number be all that is needed to vote? Also if it is a voters roll by area, isn't it better to just have a completely neutral process, which does not involve asking the person registering if they are affiliated to any particular party?

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2012, 09:45:27 am »
I really have to ask here, what the hell is up with having to register as a voter and belonging to a specific political party? I am sad to say but the whole thing sounds messed up. Why is there this outreach to try and register republican voters? Why do these forms have party affiliation boxes? Surely that cant be right. Isn't the ability to vote granted by being a States citizen? Wouldn't the social security number be all that is needed to vote? Also if it is a voters roll by area, isn't it better to just have a completely neutral process, which does not involve asking the person registering if they are affiliated to any particular party?

Some states have party affiliation when you register some don't.  It depends on what kind of primaries your state has.  Some states have open primaries where you do not have to declare a party affiliation when you register to vote, and others like Florida have closed primaries, where you have to pick when you register, and can only vote in that party's primary. 

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2012, 03:10:38 pm »
27,000 new Republicans Hmmmmmmmmmmm...

This is the backdrop for my colleague Patrick McGreevy’s story about what’s happening in the Inland Empire. Riverside County is seeing a surge in GOP voter registrations – in some cases, by people who didn’t want to register Republican.

Democrats have taken scores of formal complaints to the Secretary of State’s office from a Riverside County state Senate district where voters say someone registered them as Republicans without their knowledge or consent in a district that’s recently reported a surge of 27,000 new Republican voters, something that’s drawn attention to the Golden State Voter Participation Project and its chief donor, GOP activist Charles Munger Jr., as well as a number of business groups.

That state Senate district election is a tussle between the Republican incumbent and a Democratic opponent over a district that could tip the Democrats into a supermajority in the state Senate. While voters of any party can vote any way they like in a general election, being registered to one party or another determines what kind of campaign mail and get-out-the-vote efforts you get, hence the battle over party-specific registrations.

http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/opinion-la/la-ol-possible-voter-fraud-shocker-on-behalf-of-the-gop-20121001,0,271245.story

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2012, 08:01:33 pm »
Also the Democratic opponent had his party switched as well.

Ironbite-the fraud....it's like they don't think it won't get uncovered.