Author Topic: FQA ModFinity Minecraft Server  (Read 4095 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: FQA ModFinity Minecraft Server
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2015, 10:53:36 pm »
Is it giving you an error or anything, or is the server just not visible?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2015, 12:35:28 am »
The server is visible, and I'm able to log in for all of a few seconds, then it tells me the connection timed out.

Though I've noticed the console shows quite a bit of yellow and red text when I boot the game up. Well piss, I'm going to have to reinstall the entire mod pack all over again, aren't I?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2015, 08:23:16 am »
Mayhaps not.  Could you try again and post the log to PasteBin?  Might be able to figure out what its doing and why its kicking you off.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2015, 10:06:00 pm »
Here it is. Pastebin didn't like it, so I just stuck the notepad file in Dropbox.

Cheers.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2015, 07:54:14 am »
Hrm...I think maybe reinstalling Infinity might actually be in order.  Just make sure that you tell it to nick 1.10.1.  If it still happens after installing both Infinity and the addons, I'll look into the crashlog again and see what else I can find.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2015, 08:07:28 am »
Thanks. I'll give that a go.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2015, 08:19:44 am »
Fucking hell. I just uninstalled everything, redownloaded the infinity pack, reinstalled it and the console still showed a heap of red and yellow text. I'm guessing this is the sort of thing that requires tinkering with the various mods in order to get them all to play nice with my computer, but that's way beyond my abilities.

It looks to me like I'm fucked. I was really looking forward to building some crazy contraptions with you guys.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2015, 08:21:01 am »
Some red and yellow is normal.  Say, have ya got Skype?  Maybe could do a little screen sharing and I can pinpoint the issue.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2015, 08:39:44 am »
In that case, I suppose I'll try downloading and installing the add-on and perhaps logging on. Failing that, I guess I'll have to make a Skype account and bother you for tech support.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2015, 08:53:16 am »
Alrighty!  Just remember to disable (or delete) the old versions of Chisel, BDLib, and AOBD, as well as Mystcraft.  Also, tis no bother at all.  Unlike other MC server owners, I actually give a damn if people are having issues.  That said, I've always wondered if there was a server-end mod that allowed users to download a server's mods/configs directly, instead of having to muck about with things.  Hm...

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2015, 10:52:20 pm »
There's been an update to the recommended version of Infinity, so I'll be working on an update, since there's also updates out for Reika's stuff, too.  I might add a thing or two (that don't add any worldgen, don't want to have to deal with the bad things that retrogen can cause) while I'm at it.  The server will stay up til I'm done, and this will likely take me the rest of the week.  At the latest, it'll be up and available sometime this coming Tuesday.  Might consider making a simple installer for the addon pack, if I get the time...

[ETA]

Took me less time than I originally thought.  Kept the old configs, thankfully, so there aren't any ID collisions I need to work out; that takes up most of my time.  I've tacked on Project E to give a use for all the garbage you'll no doubt end up accumulating during your adventure, turning it into something halfway useful.  It is, however, gated behind wither-killing, to keep it from being too early game.

[ETA2]

Server updated and starting normally, I'll have the new addon pack available shortly.  Addon pack has been uploaded (instructions and all) and is available in the OP!
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 07:16:07 pm by RavynousHunter »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2015, 03:18:41 pm »
ModFinity addon pack has been updated to 0.0.3!  This one includes updates (v9a->v9b) for Reika's mods, since the new versions include some nice bugfixes and whatnot.  Server's up and running with the updates!  Huzzah!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2015, 08:48:25 pm »
Pictures time!  I have completed Nuclear One and its working far beyond my expectations!

My current setup in The Last Millennium dimension:

I put the reactor there so, in case it goes critical, it won't irradiate parts of the overworld.  That, and it saves building space for others.
The glowy thing in the distance is a Draconic Evolution energy storage multiblock, which stores 2.14 trillion RF, far more than anyone could ever use.  This thing has been full since about two minutes after I built it.  None of the reactor's power is being turned into RF, so far.

The high-pressure turbine:

Generating a staggering 8.59 gigawatts consistently, and I'm running a massive surplus of steam.  I could probably power a pair of these behemoths and still run a surplus.

I am almost literally hard with accomplishment.  I will use this beauty to help me on my way to the ultimate technical achievement: a tokamak fusion reactor.  I WILL FUCK THE WORLD WITH POWER!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2015, 08:49:40 pm »
Good for you!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2015, 08:50:35 pm »
JOIN US.