Author Topic: Gamers throw shitfit re: transgender character in Baldur's Gate  (Read 35264 times)

Offline Vinroke

• Apprentice
Re: Gamers throw shitfit re: transgender character in Baldur's Gate
« Reply #135 on: April 06, 2016, 06:52:46 pm »
Evidence so strong you've yet to present it
Si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes
Machina improba! Vel mihi ede potum vel mihi redde nummos meos!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #136 on: April 06, 2016, 06:53:41 pm »
Evidence so strong you've yet to present it

Did you even read my link to the Steam reviews?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #137 on: April 06, 2016, 06:54:15 pm »
He'll be a few weeks and then he'll post a chatlog or a 4/8chan thread.

That's just the kind of stupid he is.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #138 on: April 06, 2016, 06:55:14 pm »
I never claimed that there was no transphobia, just that it was overblown[/b]. 

Thereby throwing in a subjective measure allowing Ultie to sprint with the goalposts to the thousand yard line regardless of how much transphobia appears on Steam's review page.

Ultie, where and how cheaply did you purchase a backhoe? I figure you must have one, to be digging yourself a hole so quickly and efficiently.

Wouldn't be the first time would it?  ::)

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #139 on: April 06, 2016, 06:55:52 pm »
Ultie, where and how cheaply did you purchase a backhoe? I figure you must have one, to be digging yourself a hole so quickly and efficiently.

Don't blame me, blame the ideological circlejerk that refuses to accept dissenting viewpoints.  Fact is, I have strong evidence suggesting that the transphobes are a vocal minority among the expansion's critics.

Even assuming that's true, a vocal minority still has a significant presence and influences perceptions on the wider community, which I believe is a point you yourself have attempted to make on issues like feminism. Should we not call out this 'vocal minority', again assuming that's true, rather than just dismiss them as harmless?
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #140 on: April 06, 2016, 06:56:52 pm »
He's obligated to involve himself in these kinds of things.

His friends supply his posts - otherwise he has no ideas of his own.

I believe these words best describe him "a great and incoherent mass of worship, vain and aggrandizing, but ultimately meaningless."
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #141 on: April 06, 2016, 06:58:20 pm »

Don't blame me, blame the ideological circlejerk that refuses to accept dissenting viewpoints.  Fact is, I have strong evidence suggesting that the transphobes are a vocal minority among the expansion's critics.

Look before we continue this discussion I think it is important that we define the following terms so that we are all on the same page (after all this is apparently part of the Socratic method):

'blame', 'ideological', 'circlejerk', 'refuses', 'accept', 'dissenting', 'viewpoints', 'evidence', 'suggesting', 'minority' and 'critics'.

Then again UP hasn't actually played the game so I'm not sure why anyone is bothering.

So UP: What games do you actually own/play?

Offline Vinroke

• Apprentice
« Reply #142 on: April 06, 2016, 07:01:22 pm »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I can't believe I am giving a Baldur's Gate game a bad review. I f*cking love this game series. This expansion is decent and it's more BG which is good. This is a matter of principle. I want the new writer to repeat after me: "I will not abuse a classic and beloved game franchise as a soapbox to further my own ideological agendas" X10

The thing about public reviews are that they are just that - public. The KiddiesInAction brigading going on is -very- visible

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #143 on: April 06, 2016, 07:10:44 pm »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

I can't believe I am giving a Baldur's Gate game a bad review. I f*cking love this game series. This expansion is decent and it's more BG which is good. This is a matter of principle. I want the new writer to repeat after me: "I will not abuse a classic and beloved game franchise as a soapbox to further my own ideological agendas" X10

The thing about public reviews are that they are just that - public. The KiddiesInAction brigading going on is -very- visible

1.  What's wrong with it?  No, seriously?  All it says was that Mizhena's characterization was the tip of the iceberg.

2.  That was mostly about the game being non-functional.  Try again.

3.  That has more to do with taking away the player's choice than anything.  Still, I can kind of see where you're coming from.

4.  Yeah, that's not really much of a "review."  This one I'll also give you, even if I don't think it's necessarily transphobic.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #144 on: April 06, 2016, 07:12:23 pm »
Gosh darn are you adorable!

Ironbite-and just so cute!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #145 on: April 06, 2016, 07:13:52 pm »
Gosh darn are you adorable!

Ironbite-and just so cute!

Your condescension is even more adorable!

Even assuming that's true, a vocal minority still has a significant presence and influences perceptions on the wider community, which I believe is a point you yourself have attempted to make on issues like feminism. Should we not call out this 'vocal minority', again assuming that's true, rather than just dismiss them as harmless?

Oh, I have no problem with calling them out.  My problem is with most of the game's critics being lumped in with these people.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:20:01 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline Vinroke

• Apprentice
« Reply #146 on: April 06, 2016, 07:26:42 pm »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

buying and then refunding simply to leave a negative review:
(click to show/hide)

No It is about the multiple Bugs and crashes and the loss of over 300 hours of game play on BG EE since the update

The expansion hasn't been out 300hrs yet so bug claims are dubious - I don't doubt there are bugs, any complex software is going to have them, however when there is an overwhelming amount of negative reviews due to "SJW writing" and metabombing being a thing I am going to be suspicious of it being KiddiesInAction activity especially when the puport to support developer freedom

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #147 on: April 06, 2016, 07:31:55 pm »
(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

buying and then refunding simply to leave a negative review:
(click to show/hide)

No It is about the multiple Bugs and crashes and the loss of over 300 hours of game play on BG EE since the update

The expansion hasn't been out 300hrs yet so bug claims are dubious - I don't doubt there are bugs, any complex software is going to have them, however when there is an overwhelming amount of negative reviews due to "SJW writing" and metabombing being a thing I am going to be suspicious of it being KiddiesInAction activity especially when the puport to support developer freedom

How do you know it's KiA that's doing this?  And congratulations, Sherlock, you found one inconsistency!
« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 07:43:12 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #148 on: April 06, 2016, 07:38:06 pm »
What do you mean by 'doing'?

Oh and he explained the dubious claim in the text - that is the complaint of a loss of 300 hours of gameplay when the game had not been out 300 hours?

Direct Question Time - UP Direct Question: What games do you own/play?

Offline Vinroke

• Apprentice
« Reply #149 on: April 06, 2016, 07:40:38 pm »
Yeah, I'm done with this. Stapling my balls to a sander would be a more productive use of my time