Author Topic: Gamers throw shitfit re: transgender character in Baldur's Gate  (Read 35264 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Gamers throw shitfit re: transgender character in Baldur's Gate
« Reply #150 on: April 06, 2016, 07:42:19 pm »
Direct Question Time - UP Direct Question: What games do you own/play?

Team Fortress 2, XCOM, Mortal Kombat X, and Crusader Kings 2, just to name a few.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #151 on: April 06, 2016, 07:49:25 pm »
So it doesn't seem that any of these fantasy/ D &D/ Forgotten Realms games are your bag anyway huh?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #152 on: April 06, 2016, 07:50:27 pm »
So it doesn't seem that any of these fantasy/ D &D/ Forgotten Realms games are your bag anyway huh?

I'm not a D&D fan, no.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2016, 08:07:30 pm »

I'm not a D&D fan, no.

So not only have you not played this particular expansion, and not only have you not played Baldur's Gate at all, but you're not even interested in that entire genre in the first place.

Say, do you ever wonder if there isn't a better use of your time than this?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #154 on: April 06, 2016, 08:10:42 pm »

I'm not a D&D fan, no.

So not only have you not played this particular expansion, and not only have you not played Baldur's Gate at all, but you're not even interested in that entire genre in the first place.

I'd say combating misinformation is a good use of my time.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #155 on: April 06, 2016, 08:10:52 pm »
Don't blame me, blame the ideological circlejerk that refuses to accept dissenting viewpoints.  Fact is, I have strong evidence suggesting that the transphobes are a vocal minority among the expansion's critics.

"I have here in my hand a list of two hundred and five people that were known to the Secretary of State as being members of the Communist Party and who nevertheless are still working and shaping the policy of the State Department."
- Joseph McCarthy
Who needs a signature?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #156 on: April 06, 2016, 08:12:47 pm »

I'm not a D&D fan, no.

I'd say combat masturbation is a good use of my time.

Do you wear cammo for that?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #157 on: April 07, 2016, 12:47:17 am »
UP, you demanded proof that a certain percentage of the reviews are bad because the players (formerly reviewers, but replaced by players when it turned out that by focusing on all reviewers you would have been proven wrong) don't like the trans character. Out of the reviews linked here the vast majority are complaining about the trans character. Unless you are willing to provide proof that you originally demanded that a greater percentage of the reviews are not about Mizhena you should really admit that she's the reason most people complain.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #158 on: April 07, 2016, 12:55:00 am »
UP, you demanded proof that a certain percentage of the reviews are bad because the players (formerly reviewers, but replaced by players when it turned out that by focusing on all reviewers you would have been proven wrong) don't like the trans character. Out of the reviews linked here the vast majority are complaining about the trans character. Unless you are willing to provide proof that you originally demanded that a greater percentage of the reviews are not about Mizhena you should really admit that she's the reason most people complain.

Does simply mentioning Mizhena mean a reviewer is mostly angry about her?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #159 on: April 07, 2016, 01:16:13 am »

...If you had actually read the reviews that were posted here you would see that most of the complainers complain about her existence. They don't go "Oh and there's also Mizhena ...But what I really hate are the bugs." The complainers go on about how they specifically give the game a bad review BECAUSE of her or the "SJW agenda."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Even Then

« Reply #160 on: April 07, 2016, 01:20:30 am »
Also, the mention of "gender politics" (which is mostly shorthand for transgender characters existing) in the comment as a pejorative makes it a transphobic comment because the transgender character existing is considered a problem, asscheese.

Does simply mentioning bugs in the comment mean a reviewer is mostly angry about them?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #161 on: April 07, 2016, 01:29:27 am »

...If you had actually read the reviews that were posted here you would see that most of the complainers complain about her existence. They don't go "Oh and there's also Mizhena ...But what I really hate are the bugs." The complainers go on about how they specifically give the game a bad review BECAUSE of her or the "SJW agenda."

Except you've been citing reviews like this:

(click to show/hide)

Also, the mention of "gender politics" (which is mostly shorthand for transgender characters existing) in the comment as a pejorative makes it a transphobic comment because the transgender character existing is considered a problem, asscheese.

Does simply mentioning bugs in the comment mean a reviewer is mostly angry about them?

You're extrapolating a lot from two words.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #162 on: April 07, 2016, 01:34:28 am »
What do you think they mean by gender politics?

Can you extrapolate something from 'fucking crackers'?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #163 on: April 07, 2016, 02:15:05 am »
UP, honest question: Do you know what the word "most" means?

And can someone (like UP) bother to go back and find out what the minimum "angry about sjws and trans" percentage he gave was? Because questioning one review ain't gonna make the others go away.

Even Then

« Reply #164 on: April 07, 2016, 02:18:38 am »
It was 35%. I might just go through the GOG comments and calculate the actual percentage, if I end up hating life enough today.