Community > Religion and Philosophy

Godspouses

(1/8) > >>

Witchyjoshy:
So I'm looking into Norse Paganism (which, funnily enough, is actually my heritage O_o) and searching some blogs of other people who practice this.

And now I've run into this strange phenomenon.  People who believe they are actually married to these dieties.  Like being married to Odin, or Thor, or on the Greek side of things, being married to Apollo or Hermes (or both).

I have to say, whatever your thoughts on religion... this is kooky as hell.  How can you be married to someone who isn't even present for the marriage ceremony?  I mean, granted, Catholic Nuns are supposed to be married to God, but I don't think they think of it the same way as these people think of it.

Don't even get me started on the fact that they somehow allow these gods to dictate to them what they should wear or how they should keep their hair.  Ladies (and men, though I haven't found any yet), that's not how religion or spirituality works.  If you're actually hearing voices, that's not Thor or Odin, that's your brain going kookoo.

Normally, I'd provide links for this, but for the sake of not accidentally importing drama through rubbernecking, I'll abstain :V This is more a topic about the concept itself, rather than any individual person.

Osama bin Bambi:
Well, nuns say they're "married to Christ." I don't see what's so different about this.

Then again, I don't mean to be disrespectful, but there are some people who think they're married to Final Fantasy characters. So there's also that.

Stormwarden:
As long as it isn't anything like Sonic Passion (people who want to marry Sonic Characters. Google it at your own risk). I mean, it's not a big deal compared to some of the stranger religions out there.

Smurfette Principle:
One word: Snapewives.

Witchyjoshy:
So what you're saying is that this isn't limited to religion.

Scary.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version