Author Topic: Morinville Schools...Again  (Read 10608 times)

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
Re: Morinville Schools...Again
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2012, 10:43:57 pm »
http://www.edmontonjournal.com/life/Simons+Human+rights+commission+must+treat+complaints+Morinville/5981590/story.html

This article explains the situation better than I can, the full concerns involved, and what's currently being done. I found out that it's not a half hour a day for using the gym for the secular kids either...

It's half an hour a WEEK.

I seriously hope the Catholic School Board goes belly up over this...

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2012, 10:55:52 pm »
Wow...that's just....wow.

Ironbite-how is this legal?

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 02:57:30 am »
It's not.

So nobody minds if I eat the stupid teachers right? They'll give me the hershey squirts but I think I can bear it - for the children
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 09:49:13 am »
Hell, just eat the entire town, buildings and all.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 05:41:32 pm »
Wait...a teacher is trying to install panic and fear into....8 YEAR OLDS!?

So just to reiterate but the Catholic religion does not actually have a set date for the end of the world yes?  12/12/2012 is just when the Mayans ran out of dates on their calender right?

Ironbite-SO WHY IS SHE TELLING THESE KIDS THE WORLD'S GOING TO END ON 12/12/12!!!!???

The Mayans had several calendars for different uses, but the one this is based on is called the long count calendar and covers 13 "Baktuns" of about 394 years each.  The 13th Baktun is coming to an end on Dec, 21, 2012.  What most of the doomssayers either don't realize or won't acknowledge is that the Mayans mention 2012 only twice, neither of which have anything to do with the end of the world, and that they mention events after 2012.  The whole 2012 doomsday talk is nothing but pure crap, especially that based on the Mayan calendar.

For a teacher to tell impressionable 8 year old the world is ending this year is both heinous and callous.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 07:15:59 pm »
It's also telling the kids that "whatever they want to become doesn't matter because they don't matter".

Ironbite-way to go teach.

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #21 on: January 12, 2012, 07:31:01 pm »
I'm sorry Timmy, you can't be president because WES ALL GOIN DIE THIS YEAR!

Beth, you can't ever become a singer, COS 2012 HAHAHAHA

I got me an idea - since we're going to all die anyway - you negotiate the terms of your severance as of 12/21/12, you won't be needing the job anyway, right? So no biggy if you get fired the same day you die, nobody'll be around to laugh at you.

Except me.
On december 22nd
And it'll be hillarious
But you don't have the fuckin' balls to do it, because you know you're full of horseshit, right? I thought so.
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 06:52:38 pm »
Why does the Christian doomsday crowd care what a bunch of people (brown-skinned savages, no less!!!) who worshiped blood thirsty false gods that demanded human sacrifices thought? To give them any credibility undermines their own god who said that no one can know the date of his return.

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 07:07:34 pm »
Why does the Christian doomsday crowd care what a bunch of people (brown-skinned savages, no less!!!) who worshiped blood thirsty false gods that demanded human sacrifices thought? To give them any credibility undermines their own god who said that no one can know the date of his return.

Shhhh.  You'll let them know how idiotic they're acting about this.  Then we'll have to find out something else to point and laugh at them for.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.