Author Topic: Possible sexuality poll?  (Read 17623 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Possible sexuality poll?
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 06:46:12 pm »
After setting fire to the town right?

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 08:44:10 pm »
Um...ok, back to the original topic.  Where should i post such a poll so it will get maximum exposure?
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Vene

• AKA Vene-Eye the Science Guy
  • Pope
  • Patronizing Know-It-All Snotnose
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 10:30:58 pm »
Um...ok, back to the original topic.  Where should i post such a poll so it will get maximum exposure?
The bathroom of the local bus station.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 10:33:35 pm »
I'd suggest youtube, although they don't have polls and that rarely works if you're not popular.

Really, I think actually asking people would be the best option, because you'd be getting the opinions of people who don't go on any particular site , and you'd know how many people chose not to respond. Although that would take a lot of time and effort on your part.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 01:52:27 pm »
I'd suggest youtube, although they don't have polls and that rarely works if you're not popular.

Really, I think actually asking people would be the best option, because you'd be getting the opinions of people who don't go on any particular site , and you'd know how many people chose not to respond. Although that would take a lot of time and effort on your part.

That's the problem.  I'm not exactly getting sponsored for this. :(
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 09:17:09 pm »

That's the problem.  I'm not exactly getting sponsored for this. :(

Well, maybe you can influence someone in the position to do so. I think that this topic is important since it will likely affect what is taught in schools, although I do think we should educate people who make the wrong decisions (ex. Abstinence works. Abstinence-only education doesn't.)
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2012, 10:06:13 pm »
If walking up to people on the street makes you nervous, you could leave the surveys out in a public place next to a box for them to put the completed surveys in. Then you can come later and take the box home.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2012, 10:53:05 pm »
The problem is you wouldn't know how many people had "no opinion"

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2012, 10:55:14 pm »
Another problem with that is possible vandalism: people stealing the surveys, throwing them in the nearest bin, etc.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 12:03:00 am »
I'm skeptical of having any kind of sex ed for K-3. I'm pretty sure they don't really "get" the concept of romantic relationships, so saying that "guy/guy is good & so is guy/girl" seems kind of pointless to me. I think late elementary, early middle school is definitely a good time. And that teaching the consequences should come before, or coinciding with, teaching you how to do it. And not only make contraceptives available, make sure they know it's available.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2012, 12:05:19 am »
Romance is not the same as sex. The kids can learn what chromosomes, DNA, and hormones are, just like they learn about the sun and rain.

Offline Vene

• Pope
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2012, 12:14:30 am »
I'm skeptical of having any kind of sex ed for K-3. I'm pretty sure they don't really "get" the concept of romantic relationships, so saying that "guy/guy is good & so is guy/girl" seems kind of pointless to me. I think late elementary, early middle school is definitely a good time. And that teaching the consequences should come before, or coinciding with, teaching you how to do it. And not only make contraceptives available, make sure they know it's available.
Sex ed for K-3 is mostly going to be that there are boys and there are girls and they are different. And considering they mostly have two parents,they have at least some idea of  what a relationship is, even if it is much simpler.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2012, 12:23:19 am »
So, this is a survey in your home town, or something?
==========================================
Firstly, take the semantics up with the person who mentioned it on the last page. Secondly, it might be best put in the form of an example:

My sister thinks it's just the funniest thing in the world to hear her son, my nephew, say "Suzie* is my girlfriend." Listening to him, I don't think he really understands what a girlfriend is. I think he just understands it as a close friend who is a girl, but you can only have one of them.

So, if you ask me, it is pointless to expect the school to sit here & try to teach him about "relationships of different configurations," because I don't think he'll really follow their logic until he's a few years older.

*=Fake name. The name is not important.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 12:32:25 am by Lithp »

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2012, 12:34:24 am »
Well even thougn none of us has any foolproof method of getting the results, we might as well put our suggestions for the poll.

I think we should divide the categories into k-3, 4-6, 7-9 and 10-12. Then we would ask about psychological aspects of sex (relationships), the science of sex (pregnancy, STIs, meiosis), ways of having sex (Condom use, buttsecks, abstinence) and what part of each would be appropriate for each grade level.

Then we should ask them what and when they learned about sex in school, what religion they are, how many kids they have, and age.

L should criticize us and show us her original plan, if she sees fit.

Offline Vene

• Pope
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2012, 12:43:28 am »
So we don't go around saying stupid shit all uninformed like, I found guidelines for sexual education in school. This is what would be taught in early elementary school:

Reproductive and Sexual Anatomy
and Physiology

• Each body part has a correct name and a specific function.
• A person’s genitals, reproductive organs, and genes determine whether the person is male or female.
• A boy/man has nipples, a penis, a scrotum, and testicles.
• A girl/woman has breasts, nipples, a vulva, a clitoris, a vagina, a uterus, and ovaries.
• Some sexual or reproductive organs, such as penises and vulvas, are external or on the outside of
the body while others, such as ovaries and testicles, are internal or inside the body.
• Both boys and girls have body parts that feel good when touched.

Puberty
• Bodies change as children grow older.
• Puberty is a time of physical and emotional change that happens as children become teenagers.
• People are able to have children only after they have reached puberty.

Reproduction
• Men and women have reproductive organs that enable them to have a child.
• Men and women have specific cells in their bodies (sperm cells and egg cells) that enable them to
reproduce.
• Reproduction requires that a sperm and egg join.
• Vaginal intercourse – when a penis is placed inside a vagina – is the most common way for a sperm
and egg to join.
• When a woman is pregnant, the fetus grows inside her body in her uterus.
• A woman can be pregnant with more than one fetus at a time.
• Babies usually come out of a woman’s body through an opening called a vagina.
• Some babies are born by an operation called a Caesarian Section.
• A woman’s breasts can provide milk for a baby.
• Not all men and women have children.
• People who cannot have children may choose to adopt.

Body Image
• Individual bodies are different sizes, shapes, and colors.
• All bodies are equally special, including those that are disabled.
• Differences make us unique.
• Good health habits, such as eating well and exercising, can improve the way a person feels about
his or her body.
• Each person can be proud of his/her body.

Sexual Orientation
• Human beings can love people of the same gender and people of another gender.
• Some people are heterosexual, which means they can be attracted to and fall in love with someone
of another gender.
• Some people are homosexual, which means they can be attracted to and fall in love with someone
of the same gender.
• Homosexual men and women are also known as gay men and lesbians.
• People deserve respect regardless of who they are attracted to.
• Making fun of people by calling them gay (e.g. “homo,” “fag,” “queer”) is disrespectful and hurtful.

Gender Identity
• Biological sex refers to whether a person has male or female genitals and/or chromosomes.
• Gender identity refers to a person’s internal sense of being male, female, or a combination of these.
• Gender identity is just one part of who a person is.
• Gender roles refer to the way society expects people to behave based on their biological sex.
• Making fun of people for not acting the way society expects them to based on their biological sex
is disrespectful and hurtful.

Talking about teaching young kids things other than this list is going off into fantasy land, so please don't do that.

ETA: Missed some under Reproduction
« Last Edit: January 08, 2012, 01:06:21 am by Vene »