Author Topic: More proof that Christianity is true.  (Read 4547 times)

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
Re: More proof that Christianity is true.
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2018, 03:27:45 pm »
"France lost by a woman and restored by a virgin"..

Sorry, that's just as vague as Nostradamus often was.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2018, 04:48:52 pm »
You can get real specific after the event, it's 20-20.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2018, 05:38:59 pm »

It is clear and specific. It was saying that a woman would cause France to fall, but a Virgin will save France.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2018, 05:40:07 pm »

But a previous post of mine where I cited the Wikipedia article on the Maid of Lorraine prophecies proved it was real specific before the event.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2018, 08:38:47 pm »

It is clear and specific. It was saying that a woman would cause France to fall, but a Virgin will save France.

Clear, maybe, but not very specific.  Couldn't it possibly be just as well applied to some future events?  The actions of some future female politicians in France, perhaps.  One makes a decision with disastrous effects ("loses France") but a later one, younger (virgin), acts to correct it ("saves France")...

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2018, 08:55:04 pm »

But a previous post of mine where I cited the Wikipedia article on the Maid of Lorraine prophecies proved it was real specific before the event.

I think what he meant was, it's pretty easy to fit a past event to some supposed prophecy, but it's not as easy to do the same when the supposed event hasn't happened yet. I'll go back to Nostradamus again...there's been books by commentators, people who were trying to convince the readers that Nostradamus really knew the future.  They often made some fairly convincing applications of his predictions to things that had already happened.  BUT, when they tried to say what he had predicted was still to come, they typically failed, in sometimes comically bad fashion.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2018, 09:00:49 pm »

Clear, maybe, but not very specific.  Couldn't it possibly be just as well applied to some future events?  The actions of some future female politicians in France, perhaps.  One makes a decision with disastrous effects ("loses France") but a later one, younger (virgin), acts to correct it ("saves France")...

But the prophecy is detailed and complicated, so the chances of coincidental events that coincidentally match the prophecy is low, indicating that Joan of Arc is not a random coincidence. Besides, “lost” implies that the country is almost gone and defeated, which wouldn’t happen in modern French politics.