Author Topic: Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Gnostic Christian

• Neonate
Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?
« on: January 18, 2022, 04:35:28 pm »

I think the answer is is quite important as it would show us the cause/source of homosexuality.

If God, as believers think, then why is God creating gays?

Regards
DL 

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Are homosexual natures created by nurture, nature, or God?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2022, 04:53:13 pm »
Nature.

There's a trait that when someone gets pregnant with many sons in succession, the younger ones are more likely to be homosexual. This is evolutionarily advantageous (keeping in mind that we evolved in small hunter-gatherer tribes) since it increases the resource-production capacity of the tribe without adding to its population in the next generation, which keeps the tribe small enough to be able to gather the resources it needs, making sure that there are not too many people who are either too young or too old to take part in hunting or foraging.

This doesn't explain all facets of sexual orientation (for instance, I don't know if something similar happens with multiple daughters) but it is selected for by evolution, since those tribes are more likely to survive.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2022, 10:19:49 am »

I think the answer is is quite important as it would show us the cause/source of homosexuality.

If God, as believers think, then why is God creating gays?

Regards
DL 

Nature and nonshared environment, most things like that are. Probably not a big effect from nurture, definitely no effect from God.
Σא

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 06:53:19 am »
The question presumes the existence of God so I won't focus on that part of it. The others have addressed the nature/nurture part quite well. Not sure what else there is to say.