Author Topic: Far-Right Terrorist Attacks in New Zealand  (Read 5536 times)

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
Far-Right Terrorist Attacks in New Zealand
« on: March 15, 2019, 10:39:33 am »
https://www.theguardian.com/world/live/2019/mar/15/christchurch-shooting-injuries-reported-as-police-respond-to-critical-incident-live

I can't be the only one getting flashbacks to what happened in Norway back in 2011. Holy fuck, this is horrifying.
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Far-Right Terrorist Attacks in New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2019, 01:15:56 pm »
Both times the terrorist left behind a "manifesto" and tried to do things in a way that would maximize the attention he gets.

This time though the killer is a living parody of internet racists. He even took the time to plug in an advertisement for Pew Die Pie...

Oh and a politician in Australia took this as an opportunity to blame the incident on the Muslims and right wingers are spreading conspiracy theories that this was a false flag attack or a complete hoax because of course they are...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2019, 01:31:07 pm »
I absolutely love how there's been a large increase in Far right terrorism in the past few years and nobody is condemning it. Islamic terrorism they'll shit all over. Mexicans coming over the boarder for better economic freedom is ooooh scary.
But if a white guy is the perpetrator it's not terrorism. He was just a lone gun man with a mental issue and not part of a larger systemic problem. Or worse, the right wing media labels the whole thing as a false flag operation.

I mean look at these:
2/14/2019: FBI arrests Lt Christopher Hasson identifies as white nationalist admires Anders Brevik and had a hit list of Democrats.
11/3/2018: Scott Paul Beierle kills two and injures more at a yoga studio was a misogynist admirer of Elliot Rodger.
10/27/2018: Robert Gregory Bowers kills eleven people after storming the Tree of life synagogue shouting all Jews must die!
10/26/2018: Cesar Altieri Sayoc Jr is arrested in his pro trump plastered van after sending 13 mail bombs to prominent democratic figureheads.
10/25/2018: Gregory Bush kills two black people outside of a Kroger in Louisville Kentucky after failing to break into a black church to plan a massacre earlier in the day. He didn't shoot the arresting police officer because he claimed that Whites don't kill whites.
07/14/2018: Ronald Lee Kidwall is arrested after killing MeShon Cooper a 43 year old black woman in Kansas. Kidwall is a known member of the KKK and has pictures of himself draped in the confederate flag.
05/05/2018: Dustin Allen Hughes is arrested after making threatening calls to a local mosque claiming he's going to blow it up and kill the congregation.
02/14/2018: Nikolas Jacob Cruz shoots up the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High school killing seventeen and injuring more. Was known to make far right racist, antisemitic and homophobic comments and even Incels label him a hero.

These were all within the past year, but no politician or major news networks are talking about Right Wing terrorism.
What can be done about this? There's clearly an uptick in a sense of disenfranchised white men, but what is causing this? Mass migration by Muslim people? Obama? The internet? 4th wave feminism? All of the above?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2019, 09:11:08 pm »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-new-zealand-white-identity-1.5059127

Suspect: Trump is "a symbol of renewed white identity". (But doesn't like him as a policymaker or leader.)

Trump: I have no idea what he said and what he did was horrible.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 09:59:02 pm »
I absolutely love how there's been a large increase in Far right terrorism in the past few years and nobody is condemning it. Islamic terrorism they'll shit all over. Mexicans coming over the boarder for better economic freedom is ooooh scary.
But if a white guy is the perpetrator it's not terrorism. He was just a lone gun man with a mental issue and not part of a larger systemic problem. Or worse, the right wing media labels the whole thing as a false flag operation.

I mean look at these:
2/14/2019: FBI arrests Lt Christopher Hasson identifies as white nationalist admires Anders Brevik and had a hit list of Democrats.
11/3/2018: Scott Paul Beierle kills two and injures more at a yoga studio was a misogynist admirer of Elliot Rodger.
10/27/2018: Robert Gregory Bowers kills eleven people after storming the Tree of life synagogue shouting all Jews must die!
10/26/2018: Cesar Altieri Sayoc Jr is arrested in his pro trump plastered van after sending 13 mail bombs to prominent democratic figureheads.
10/25/2018: Gregory Bush kills two black people outside of a Kroger in Louisville Kentucky after failing to break into a black church to plan a massacre earlier in the day. He didn't shoot the arresting police officer because he claimed that Whites don't kill whites.
07/14/2018: Ronald Lee Kidwall is arrested after killing MeShon Cooper a 43 year old black woman in Kansas. Kidwall is a known member of the KKK and has pictures of himself draped in the confederate flag.
05/05/2018: Dustin Allen Hughes is arrested after making threatening calls to a local mosque claiming he's going to blow it up and kill the congregation.
02/14/2018: Nikolas Jacob Cruz shoots up the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High school killing seventeen and injuring more. Was known to make far right racist, antisemitic and homophobic comments and even Incels label him a hero.

These were all within the past year, but no politician or major news networks are talking about Right Wing terrorism.
What can be done about this? There's clearly an uptick in a sense of disenfranchised white men, but what is causing this? Mass migration by Muslim people? Obama? The internet? 4th wave feminism? All of the above?

I dunno, I saw Hasson, Bowers and Cruz all described as terrorists. And I have seen plenty of talk about right wing terrorism. But maybe that's just our differing perspectives.

Personally, I think this increase in white supremacist violence is because of an increase in the number of people who hold white supremacist attitudes, which is in turn at least partly because of anti-white racism becoming more mainstream. It's the same basic principle as Islamophobia turning Muslims to jihadist ideology.

Suspect: Trump is "a symbol of renewed white identity". (But doesn't like him as a policymaker or leader.)

Trump needs to take the potential threat of white supremacist terrorism more seriously. Even if he's right about it being a handful of people that have "very serious problems", you don't need much to kill dozens of people. Just one person and enough ammo.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2019, 12:07:13 am »

I mean look at these:

I dunno, I saw Hasson, Bowers and Cruz all described as terrorists. And I have seen plenty of talk about right wing terrorism. But maybe that's just our differing perspectives.

Personally, I think this increase in white supremacist violence is because of an increase in the number of people who hold white supremacist attitudes, which is in turn at least partly because of anti-white racism becoming more mainstream. It's the same basic principle as Islamophobia turning Muslims to jihadist ideology.

Trump needs to take the potential threat of white supremacist terrorism more seriously. Even if he's right about it being a handful of people that have "very serious problems", you don't need much to kill dozens of people. Just one person and enough ammo.

I'd argue you're wrong about the boogeyman of "anti-white racism" being more mainstream, but then it'd just lead into another tremendous argument where you storm off and quit the forum for a while, and go back to centrist wanking self-righteously in your own corner for a while. That somehow being ANYWHERE to the left of the designated safe center is a bad horrible thing and we should all be ashamed of ourselves for not falling over ourselves to center ourselves.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2019, 01:08:26 am »
If any US President dares to suggest that right-wing white Christian terrorism is a problem, FOX News will be all over them screaming about how dare they, conservatives are perfectly nice people, don't tar them all with the same brush... but you have to say "radical Islamic terrorism"!
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2019, 06:11:11 am »
This hit pretty close to home for me. New Zealand is my Nan's (RIP) homeland and they NEVER get terror attacks like this one. This is literally the first mass shooting in decades.

Please, if everyone here chips in even just a little to this campaign for the survivors and their families:
https://www.launchgood.com/project/support_for_the_families__victims_of_the_new_zealand_mosque_shootings#!/

The people of NZ need us even though we're a small niche little politics and religion discussion forum, they're almost at their goal. And make sure to cover payment for the payment processing fees so that the victims get as much out of it as possible.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2019, 03:51:07 pm »
This hit pretty close to home for me. New Zealand is my Nan's (RIP) homeland and they NEVER get terror attacks like this one. This is literally the first mass shooting in decades.

Please, if everyone here chips in even just a little to this campaign for the survivors and their families:
https://www.launchgood.com/project/support_for_the_families__victims_of_the_new_zealand_mosque_shootings#!/

The people of NZ need us even though we're a small niche little politics and religion discussion forum, they're almost at their goal. And make sure to cover payment for the payment processing fees so that the victims get as much out of it as possible.

Thank you. I made a contribution.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 03:22:46 am »

Thank you. I made a contribution.

$1,730,149 NZD from 31k+ contributors. Happy to report that it keeps raising. The original goal was met so now it keeps increasing every 100k.

Always remember the name Naeem Rashid. He was the heroic man who was seen trying to rush the shooter during the livestreamed part of the attack at Al Noor.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-47593693

And Daoud Nabi, a man who helped refugees, and passed away protecting another person by using himself as a shield:
https://heavy.com/news/2019/03/daoud-nabi-mosque-victim-hero/

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2019, 09:09:18 am »
The main suspect was active on several websites like 8Chan, Voat and Kiwifarms The last one is now in legal trouble because they refuse to help the police investigation: https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/website-kiwi-farms-refuses-to-surrender-data-linked-to-accused-christchurch-terrorist-brendan-tarrant/news-story/46d3c925ef84b24dde6194c42b3c2241

In an obscenity-laden email, Kiwi Farms founder Joshua Moon dismissed the plea by Detective Senior Sergeant John Michael as “a joke”, labelling New Zealand “a small, irrelevant island nation” and “s***hole country”.

I would expect nothing less from that pedophile.

“I don’t give a single solitary f**k what section 50 of your faggot laws say about sharing your email,” Moon ranted in the second email.

“F**k you and f**k your s***hole country, Kiwi Farms has nothing to do with New Zealand. “Our name is a pointed jab at some of the mushmouthed autistic people we make fun of. Absolutely nothing about our community is NZ oriented.

To his credit, Det Michael refused to bite, replying instead with a polite acknowledgment of Moon’s views.

“Hi Josh,” he wrote. “Appreciate your quick response. Will definitely consider what you have said. Regards, John.”

Because obviously in the aftermath of a horrible act of terrorism like this what the world really needs is people who act the very worst they can.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2019, 09:34:13 am »
At risk of going into tin foil hat territory, all of this right wing radicalisation does kind of remind of me of all the offence taken at The Last Jedi, often to the point of harassing the actors, and how it turns out that was all just a few fringe loonies being egged on by bots and paid shills. Not to mention, the influence they had in the 2016 US election. It makes me very strongly suspect the cause of this recent string of shootings is yet more bots and shills. In which case, maybe it's not just gun control but also strong regulation of social media that's called for. In fact, you could even argue that social media in its current state is a threat to national security.

Of course, I haven't the foggiest of what specifically should be done or how we should go about. Ah well, 'tis one of the great conundrums of our day, to be sure.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2019, 04:07:02 pm »

Anti White Racism isn't becoming mainstream. It's white people reacting to Gays/Women/Black/Muslims/insert any other minority in here, asking to be treated equally. Equality can feel like oppression to the already privileged. When white people are told they have to accept people of different races moving into their country or neighborhoods, they feel like they're losing their land. When they're told they can't chase those people out of their neighborhoods, they feel like they're losing their power. When they're told these people don't want to be called Niggers/faggots/bitches/terrorists then they feel like their freedom of speech is being taken away. But this isn't racism.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2019, 04:21:13 pm »
The main suspect was active on several websites like 8Chan, Voat and Kiwifarms The last one is now in legal trouble because they refuse to help the police investigation: https://www.news.com.au/technology/online/website-kiwi-farms-refuses-to-surrender-data-linked-to-accused-christchurch-terrorist-brendan-tarrant/news-story/46d3c925ef84b24dde6194c42b3c2241

In an obscenity-laden email, Kiwi Farms founder Joshua Moon dismissed the plea by Detective Senior Sergeant John Michael as “a joke”, labelling New Zealand “a small, irrelevant island nation” and “s***hole country”.

I would expect nothing less from that pedophile.

“I don’t give a single solitary f**k what section 50 of your faggot laws say about sharing your email,” Moon ranted in the second email.

“F**k you and f**k your s***hole country, Kiwi Farms has nothing to do with New Zealand. “Our name is a pointed jab at some of the mushmouthed autistic people we make fun of. Absolutely nothing about our community is NZ oriented.

To his credit, Det Michael refused to bite, replying instead with a polite acknowledgment of Moon’s views.

“Hi Josh,” he wrote. “Appreciate your quick response. Will definitely consider what you have said. Regards, John.”

Because obviously in the aftermath of a horrible act of terrorism like this what the world really needs is people who act the very worst they can.

God I can't wait for the New Zealand government to print out that email as exhibit A in this idiot's trial.

Ironbite-Trump doesn't give a shit about this mook and would throw him under the bus in a heartbeat.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2019, 09:26:19 pm »
Not only is he an asshole, he's an idiot too. Why did he think that was even remotely a good idea?