Author Topic: 12-Year Old Made Honorary Marine  (Read 2139 times)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
12-Year Old Made Honorary Marine
« on: May 21, 2012, 05:26:15 am »
This is one of those touching stories.

http://www.wlfi.com/dpp/news/local/boy-made-honorary-marine-before-death
http://talkstraight.tumblr.com/post/22332149526/indiana-12-year-old-boy-made-honorary-marine

Indiana: 12-Year-Old Boy Made Honorary Marine Before Succumbing To Cancer-Related Infection, Local Marine Stands Guard At His Hospital Door Entire Night Before He Passed Away…

12-year-old Cody Green has always admired the strength and courage of the marines. At 12:35 Saturday afternoon, it was the Marines admiring the strength and courage of Cody.

Cody had leukemia since he was 22 months old, but beat the disease three times. Although he was cancer-free, the chemotherapy lowered his immune system and Saturday afternoon, he died from a fungus that attacked his brain. Members of the Marines decided to step in and do something.

“They decided Cody, with the strength and honor and courage he showed through the whole thing, he should be a Marine,” said Cody’s father David Snowberger.

Cody was given Marine navigator wings and was made an honorary member of the United States Marine Corps. For one Marine, that wasn’t enough, so he did even more.

“The night before Cody passed, he stood guard at Cody’s door at the hospital all night long for eight hours straight,” said Snowberger.

"He was a comedian all the time," said Snowberger. "I mean, nothing was ever negative. He was just always happy, always worried about everybody else."

That's why it made it so tough for Carroll Elementary Assistant Principal Roy Hufford to make the call to students. This call, he hopes nobody should ever have to make.

"Basically, I just said that it's with a heavy heart that we have to let you know that Cody Green, a fifth grader, has passed away," said Hufford.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 05:41:49 am by Damen »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline jumpingjackflash

• Agent Swears-A-Lot Peashooter
  • Pope
  • Burn, baby, burn!
Re: 12-Year Old Made Honorary Marine
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 05:32:13 am »
On one hand, I find this story quite heartwarming.

On the other hand, the second website that posts said story (Talk Straight) is...a bit of fundie, I think.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 06:39:25 am by jumpingjackflash »
Ok seriously, is nobody even going to try and avenge my man-burrito?

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 05:41:31 am »
Somehow I screwed up the tags. Got the second link to show up now from a different site.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2012, 11:42:27 am »
Once a Marine, always a Marine.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 07:36:33 pm »
Hoorah
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 12:09:54 pm »

I wonder if this means he'll get a military funeral?

(I couldn't a smaller version of the picture)
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov