Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1628598 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #6765 on: June 19, 2019, 12:18:29 am »
I'm sorry, but anyone who sees that people who they're gonna march with were walking around a synagogue with torches chanting "Jews will not replace us!" cannot qualify as a "fine person" in my book.

And even setting that aside, you still have stuff like housing discrimination and the Central Park Five, if we're talking about Trump's racism.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6766 on: June 19, 2019, 12:29:20 am »
I'd be dubious about saying that over someone who wants to keep up a statue of the guys who killed hundreds of thousands of people so they could keep owning slaves that was put up as a symbol of opposing the civil rights movement can be called a very fine person.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 12:37:13 am by Skybison »

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #6767 on: June 19, 2019, 08:14:09 am »
It is also worth noting Trumps equivocation on issues that are concrete fact: Russia’s interference in our election, Saudi Arabia’s murder of Jamal Khashoggi, Viktor Orban’s crackdown on freedoms of speech and press, Obama’s birth certificate, among many others.

So, Trump’s word salad where he does say “white supremacy is bad but there are plenty of good people on both sides” is just a way of creating doubt about concrete facts: the Charlottesville event was planned, advertised, and scheduled by white supremacists, the people marched and chanted “blood and soil” and “Jews will not replace us,” there were numerous Nazi flags and other hate symbols that would notify anyone of the marches true meaning.

Tl;dr- Trump is less than credible and fabricates doubt where there is none because he’s a sophist.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #6768 on: June 19, 2019, 10:19:18 am »
Tl;dr- Trump is less than credible and fabricates doubt where there is none because he’s a sophist.
That sounds linguistically close to sophisticated, never thought a man with a gold plated shitter composed entirely of cheeseburgers and fries would get close to that!

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6769 on: June 20, 2019, 12:28:07 am »
That sounds linguistically close to sophisticated

That is the original meaning of the word, yes.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #6770 on: June 20, 2019, 05:58:27 am »
That sounds linguistically close to sophisticated

That is the original meaning of the word, yes.
Was being unserious, but yeah, etymology can turn up some pretty weird shit.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6771 on: June 24, 2019, 05:55:11 pm »
Ramirez you fucking hack:

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #6772 on: June 25, 2019, 01:19:27 am »
Yep, because we all know IRAN is entirely behind the current tension... Nothing to do with a Giant Ass in the White House, his absolute hatred of the previous President, and his warmongering advisors who REALLY, REALLY, REALLY want war...

And when exactly did Richard Nixon come back from the dead to join the Dems?

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #6773 on: June 25, 2019, 08:55:04 am »
I think that's supposed to be Schumer. But I don't think anyone from the Democrats wants to impeach Pelosi.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6774 on: June 25, 2019, 02:42:54 pm »
I think that's supposed to be Schumer. But I don't think anyone from the Democrats wants to impeach Pelosi.

There's going to be pressure mounting on her either to allow an impeachment inquiry to begin or to step down as Speaker.

And frankly, they should impeach--just not on obstruction. (The argument "you can't have obstruction without an underlying crime," while wrong, will resonate with all too many people.) They should impeach over emoluments, because on that one they have Trump completely cold (remember, Jimmy Carter had to sell his peanut farm), and it's actually a Constitutional demand on the President, and so any Republican who votes against impeachment or conviction can be instantly branded as not giving a fuck about the Constitution.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6775 on: June 25, 2019, 04:29:09 pm »
It's meant to be Nadler but Ramirez is a fucking shit cartoonist.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6776 on: June 26, 2019, 01:54:17 am »
You think that's a shit cartoonist?

BOOM! What do you say to that?`

In his notes he explains who the right-wing memers in the picture are because nothing says "famous and successful memer" like being forced to name each of them and explain how being retweeted by Trump twice(!) makes you notable.

The Left can’t meme, while the Right has an impressive roll call of Meme Warriors. When it comes to funny, high impact memes that launch weaponized truth directly at the Left’s delusional fantasies, the Right wins every time! The Meme Warriors include:

Carpe Donktum, his memes have been retweeted by President Trump twice. @carpedonktum

The Geekz Team, his amazing action memes are incredible. @thegeekzteam

Mad Liberals, A perfect combination of memes that make liberals cry salty tears with a dash of Monty Python. @mad_liberals

Solmemes, A regular meme workhorse pumping out high quality memes that give the left bad dreams. @Solmemes1

Thug Life, The warrior behind the scenes that enhances memes for everyone and produces those memes where people end up with glasses and a joint. @ThugLifenewShit

Big Game Productions, Making MAGA manga style video comic books and Making Comic Books Great Again! @BGProductions

Something Wicked, he has an arsenal of video game memes. @som3thingwicked

TT Cube, The meme warrior’s tech guy, if any one has any questions, he is the man to ask. @tt_cube
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6777 on: June 26, 2019, 02:10:35 am »
He has the explanation even after he's named them all. But at least Garrison draws things which look like what he was drawing. The fact that he is polishing his sin stick when looking at Trump is neither here nor there.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #6778 on: June 26, 2019, 08:40:27 am »
Maybe it's because I'm old. But why is there a subset of young voters who will vote for a president solely based off of the best memes? I saw a post on ask a liberal the other day saying I want to vote for someone on the left but they just don't have the best memes.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6779 on: June 26, 2019, 09:11:49 am »
Maybe it's because I'm old. But why is there a subset of young voters who will vote for a president solely based off of the best memes? I saw a post on ask a liberal the other day saying I want to vote for someone on the left but they just don't have the best memes.
When politics does not seem to affect you personally, when no one is campaigning to make your sexuality illegal or otherwise about to harm you, it just doesn't seem important. Then you get people making their choice based on superficial aspects like "which candidate is the tallest one?" or "who has the best memes?"
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!