Author Topic: Stay Classy, Mitt  (Read 3691 times)

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
Stay Classy, Mitt
« on: May 08, 2012, 10:25:21 am »
OK, I haven't had much strength lately, so I haven't been very active, but sometimes you just have to step up and say something.

Mitt Romney came to Cleveland yesterday and spoke at a small company about a mile from my house called Stamco. Fine. Getting on the old campaign trail is fine.

What is not "fine" is the fact that in his speech, Mitt declared that he deserved the credit for the recovery of the auto industry in Michigan. I'm not joking. The man who stated that "GM should be allowed to go bankrupt" claims that he deserves "a lot" of the credit for the resurgence of GM and other US automakers.

Mitt, if you are going to START your campaign with such a glaringly obvious, provable, self-serving, revisionist lie, what are we to expect from the next six months?
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
Re: Stay Classy, Mitt
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2012, 10:28:15 am »
I'm glad you still have the energy to come on once in a while.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2012, 10:30:07 am »
Nice to see you, Sandman! In honor of this occasion, I have something old and beaten, let's see...

There you have it, my 500th post, and it's degrading things to Nazi comparisons. Enjoy the veal, folks!

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2012, 12:27:53 pm »
To be fair, e13, the republicans do seem to have mouthpieces that would make Goebbels proud.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2012, 12:49:02 pm »
Yeah that's the new strategy going.  Take credit for everything even if you said the opposite.

Ironbite-especially if you said the opposite.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2012, 12:50:55 pm »
Sandman! ^_^

Also, I'm honestly not surprised.  Like Ibby said, they seem to be trying to deploy the tactic of "claim credit for anything good that happened even if you were against it".
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2012, 03:44:57 pm »
OK. Until this point, I had considered myself a "probable" Obama voter. Now, it's pretty much definitive.

If Mitt Romney had been in Congress at the time, or governor of Michigan, I just might have let this pass. But there is no way to support this statement. That he is willing to say such a bold-faced lie makes him completely eligible.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2012, 04:42:23 pm »
The Republican Party and the Nazi Party have quite a lot in common.

Both are currently based on the principles of white supremacy, both have arisen into a feverish rush of activity in a bad economic time, and they're both led by madmen who like to point to boogiemen. With Hitler, it was the Jews. With Romney / Rush / Grover, its the communists, or the "progressive agenda".

They repeat a million lies, and wish to indoctrinate the youth. Hitler had his Hitlerjugend. With the Republicans, they're using a magazine and private schools sponsored by churches.

They would like you to believe that Germany / America is the very best country in the world, filled with the best people. Any unpatriotic viewpoints not supported by the Party are quickly quashed, either with more propaganda and hateful speech, or with certainly more vile means commonly used by the Nazi regime.

In some ways, we have been transported back to the 1930s. It is up to the modern man today if we elect Adolf Hitler or not.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2012, 04:44:19 pm »
I would have gone out with a loud speaker and shouted, "CITATION NEEDED!"
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2012, 06:01:29 pm »

Both are currently based on the principles of white supremacy, both have arisen into a feverish rush of activity in a bad economic time, and they're both led by madmen who like to point to boogiemen. With Hitler, it was the Jews. With Romney / Rush / Grover, its the communists, or the "progressive agenda".

They repeat a million lies, and wish to indoctrinate the youth. Hitler had his Hitlerjugend. With the Republicans, they're using a magazine and private schools sponsored by churches.

They would like you to believe that Germany / America is the very best country in the world, filled with the best people. Any unpatriotic viewpoints not supported by the Party are quickly quashed, either with more propaganda and hateful speech, or with certainly more vile means commonly used by the Nazi regime.

In some ways, we have been transported back to the 1930s. It is up to the modern man today if we elect Adolf Hitler or not.

I wish I could tell you that your making just pulling a baseless Godwin... I wish.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2012, 06:07:30 pm »

I wish I could tell you that your making just pulling a baseless Godwin... I wish.
It's a good thing Mormons aren't the chosen people then, isn't it?

That would be the $cientologists.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2012, 11:50:21 pm »
Good to see you, Sandy! Hope you start getting stronger!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Jodie

• Cyborg Wannabe
  • Pope
  • WTF???
    • Doodles and stuff
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2012, 08:44:59 pm »
It's good to see you posting again Sandman! Hope you are doing well. :)
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Corinthians 13: 4-7