Author Topic: In case you thought Hungary is not a far right hell hole  (Read 14531 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: In case you thought Hungary is not a far right hell hole
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2012, 07:53:18 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ironbite-you're funny dude.

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2012, 08:31:48 pm »
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ironbite-you're funny dude.

Do you have anything intelligent to add to this discussion?  Because you have yet to do so.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2012, 08:44:23 pm »
You honestly think the Chinatowns in the US are there for the tourists?  That the people who live there don't look down upon white people who are in their part of town?  You amuse me so much.

Also news flash...you haven't added anything intelligent to this discussion either so piss off with that noise.

Ironbite-you're horribly naive and at the same time xenophobic...it greatly amuses me.

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 08:54:21 pm »
You honestly think the Chinatowns in the US are there for the tourists?  That the people who live there don't look down upon white people who are in their part of town?  You amuse me so much.

Also news flash...you haven't added anything intelligent to this discussion either so piss off with that noise.

Ironbite-you're horribly naive and at the same time xenophobic...it greatly amuses me.

Two questions for you:

1.  What evidence do you have that I am wrong?

2.  Do you really think argumentum ad hominem is a good tactic, you fucking child?

--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2012, 09:02:45 pm »
Yeah don't think I'll be interacting with you other then to point and laugh.

Ironbite-but nice flame outside of F&B btw.

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2012, 09:04:14 pm »

Translation:  I disagree with you, but I am too stupid and inarticulate to substantiate my own opinion.

Eat a bowl of dicks, troll.

--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2012, 09:06:49 pm »
Oh you are so damn cute!

Ironbite-I'm just gonna have to eat you up!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2012, 09:13:01 pm »
Fpq, stop flaming him outside of flame and burn.

Ironbite, stop provoking him outside of flame and burn.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2012, 09:17:57 pm »
No it isn't.  US history has multiple cases of Irish-Italian ghettos in the 19th century.  And what about all the Chinatowns out there?  Those are enclaves of Chinese culture and Chinese immigrants (and their descendants) in the United States.

The "melting pot" was an idealized concept that never actually happened.  Otherwise, you wouldn't see American citizens wearing saris or eating pizza.

You're really going to compare modern U.S. immigration policy and practice to what it was in the 19th century?  That's a bit unfair.  If anything, we have gotten better at assimilating immigrants over the years.  I can tell you that modern immigrants in general face much less discrimination and abuse than my ancestors did when they came over from Italy and Eastern Europe a little over a century ago.

And as far as Chinatowns are concerned, modern Chinatowns are more commercial and cultural attractions than "ethnic enclaves".  You don't typically see immigrant communities in the modern USA looking down on outsiders--it's bad for business, after all.

1.  As an Italian-American, I know for a fact that immigration quotas were used against my family (dad, aunt, uncle, and grandparents are off-the-boat Italians) as recently as 1952.  That's not the 19th century.

2. Look up "sundown towns."  Very common in the 19th and early 20th centuries.  Black people and Chinese-Americans weren't allowed within city limits after the sun went down--effectively ensuring that only WASPs lived in those particular towns.

3. Have you seriously not heard of the insanely stringent anti-immigration laws lately?

4. Wow, for someone trying to school people on U.S. history, you know jack squat about Chinatown.  Also, just because people are nice to you to your face, doesn't mean they aren't nasty to you behind your back.  Not singling out the Chinese-American community here, just saying it happens.

5. Please stop calling people names.  It's not cool.

(EDIT:  Was off by a year.  My dad was young at the time, but not quite that young.)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:20:32 pm by TheL »
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2012, 09:23:33 pm »
Зійдіть з дурними ксенофобії дупу.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Keiro Dreamwalker

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2012, 09:23:57 pm »
... Wow, the antagonism in here is... explodes from the antagonism in here

Okay, I'm going to let this thread continue on, but seriously, you guys need to quit flaming.

I don't care about the he/she said bullshit. Keep it up and I will just issue a 24-hr post-ban.

Also, considering promoting Zachski to moderator. :u
You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2012, 09:25:20 pm »
No don't do that it'll only give him a bigger head then he already has/monotone

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2012, 10:11:07 pm »
1.  As an Italian-American, I know for a fact that immigration quotas were used against my family (dad, aunt, uncle, and grandparents are off-the-boat Italians) as recently as 1952.  That's not the 19th century.

The Immigration and Nationality Act of 1965 completely overhauled the previous immigration law system.

Quote from: TheL
2. Look up "sundown towns."  Very common in the 19th and early 20th centuries.  Black people and Chinese-Americans weren't allowed within city limits after the sun went down--effectively ensuring that only WASPs lived in those particular towns.

I'm familiar with that, and it has little to do with the topic of this thread.  That was more a product of Jim Crow than anything else.

3. Have you seriously not heard of the insanely stringent anti-immigration laws lately?

They are still less strict than they used to be (see above).  The ridiculous and unconstitutional state laws notwithstanding.  The only reason those are being passed is because the Federal government refuses to do anything substantive about illegal immigration.

4. Wow, for someone trying to school people on U.S. history, you know jack squat about Chinatown.  Also, just because people are nice to you to your face, doesn't mean they aren't nasty to you behind your back.  Not singling out the Chinese-American community here, just saying it happens.

Even if that is true, the Chinese-American community is far more integrated into the broader society than it used to be.  I know at least as much about history as you do, so spare me your condescension.

My overarching point is that I don't think any country should be obligated to admit anyone (save possibly for refugees), and the immigration and social policies of one country aren't necessarily appropriate for all.  I can't help but notice that most of the people responding to this thread haven't really answered that point.

--Thought Industry, Boil

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2012, 02:28:11 am »
If people don't stop using apostrophe-s to form plural nouns, I'm going to do some serious killing.  It's all pretty simple.  Apostrophe-s is singular possessive. (Fred's apple; horse's patoot.)  In English the plural is usually formed by adding an "s."  (Fred bought ten apples.) Sometimes "es."  (Those are Fred's boxes.)  And there are exceptions. But the plural is goddamn well never formed by apostrophe-s.  (Fred bought ten apple's.)  Do the right thing to avoid my wrath.

Also, multiple people using a similar noun is s apostrophe. "The Freds' banana plantation."

I like that usage.

Translation:  I disagree with you, but I am too stupid and inarticulate to substantiate my own opinion.

One rave for you.

Because racial discrimination is wrong, always, everywhere, forever. A White Europe policy, to adopt an antipodean phrase, is simply not an option. So, other than racism, what's the alternative to multiculturalism?

In a word:  Assimilationism.  Government policies designed to promote domestic values and assist immigrants in acclimating to their new home.  Not letting them simply form their own enclaves and ignore the broader society.  That's not to suggest that they don't get to keep their own religion and elements of their culture, so long as they don't conflict with the laws and broader mores of our society.  The "melting pot" approach, so to speak.

Here, I think, is our problem. I would define this as multiculturalism.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 02:40:44 am by Lt. Fred »
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2012, 03:14:59 am »

One rave for you.

8)

Because racial discrimination is wrong, always, everywhere, forever. A White Europe policy, to adopt an antipodean phrase, is simply not an option. So, other than racism, what's the alternative to multiculturalism?

In a word:  Assimilationism.  Government policies designed to promote domestic values and assist immigrants in acclimating to their new home.  Not letting them simply form their own enclaves and ignore the broader society.  That's not to suggest that they don't get to keep their own religion and elements of their culture, so long as they don't conflict with the laws and broader mores of our society.  The "melting pot" approach, so to speak.

Here, I think, is our problem. I would define this as multiculturalism.

But from a sociological and political standpoint, assimilationism and multiculturalism are two quite different things.  The former implies minorities/newcomers being introduced into a group (sometimes forcibly, but hopefully not), the latter implies multiple cultures side-by-side in the same country (e.g. the example of India that I gave before).

From this view it is easy to see that one policy may be preferable over the other in certain circumstances.

--Thought Industry, Boil