Community > Politics and Government

Enemy Expatriation Act

(1/5) > >>

Stormwarden:
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/01/06/new-bill-known-as-enemy-expatriation-act-would-allow-government-to-strip-citizenship-without-conviction/

Admittedly, I'm not sure about the reliability of the source. According to it, this bill was proposed by Joe Lieberman (I-CT) and Charles Dent (R-PA). It would grant the nation power to strip citizenship of anyone in the US without a conviction of being "hostile" according to the article. I heard there was mention of due process in the comments, but it isn't by the same standards of criminal trial. It is by "preponderance of the evidence."

Now, if this isn't a reliable source, I apologize now. But if not, let's all think about this in combination with the NDAA.

Smurfette Principle:
Might as well move to Canada if we're not allowed to be American citizens in the first place.

nickiknack:
I see we have another reason to hate Lieberman

Stormwarden:
^You act like we need a reason in the first place. He's definitely provided no lack of reasons.

That said, I'm more than a little alarmed with this POS bill. Citizenship revocation, if it must be implemented, must require far more than "preponderance."

MaybeNever:
The great thing is if they do it, it's not like they did anything to a citizen. Of any country!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version