Author Topic: Student arrested for throwing tantrum  (Read 7284 times)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Student arrested for throwing tantrum
« on: April 17, 2012, 06:44:51 pm »
Wanna know what the best part is? She's six years old, and the cops handcuffed her before throwing her in the back of the cruiser.
"Our policy is that any detainee transported to our station in a patrol vehicle is to be handcuffed in the back. There is no age discrimination on that rule," said Milledgeville Chief of Police Dray Swicord.

Police took the young girl to the police station where she was charged with simple assault and damage to property. As she is only 6-years-old, she will not have to go to court.

The girl was also suspended until August.
I, for one, am glad to know that this dangerous, psychotic individual was dealt with so quickly. We cannot allow such miscreants to behave however they please. It would be anarchy!

That was sarcasm.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Student arrested for throwing tantrum
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2012, 07:08:00 pm »
Wanna know what the best part is? She's six years old, and the cops handcuffed her before throwing her in the back of the cruiser.
"Our policy is that any detainee transported to our station in a patrol vehicle is to be handcuffed in the back. There is no age discrimination on that rule," said Milledgeville Chief of Police Dray Swicord.

Police took the young girl to the police station where she was charged with simple assault and damage to property. As she is only 6-years-old, she will not have to go to court.

I, for one, am glad to know that this dangerous, psychotic individual was dealt with so quickly. We cannot allow such miscreants to behave however they please. It would be anarchy!

That was sarcasm.
No age discrimination uh arent people under 7 immune from prosecution in Georgia. 
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 07:20:39 pm by kefkaownsall »

Offline Dantes Virgil

• Bishop
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2012, 07:17:42 pm »

That was sarcasm.
No age discrimination uh arent people under 7 immune from prosecution in Georgia.  Also CBS please tell us what was the tantrum since I have no idea how much of an overreaction it was

The article says she knocked over furniture and threw it as well as ripped things from the walls and injured the principle.  That's a pretty extreme reaction.  Are you asking what it was about?

Also, I understand how handcuffing a kid seems extreme -- but what is the reasonable alternative?  If he has to get her out of the school building and she's resisting, what are the other choices?  I don't know if there is enough information to determine whether alternatives were available or not.  My buddy works in special education classrooms with students with behavioral disorders, primarily.  Some days there will be three or four of them trying to restrain a kid.  The stories she tells me are crazy.  I can easily imagine some of her kids having to be taken from school in handcuffs.  (Of course, she doesn't work with six year olds, either.)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2012, 07:20:20 pm »

That was sarcasm.
No age discrimination uh arent people under 7 immune from prosecution in Georgia.  Also CBS please tell us what was the tantrum since I have no idea how much of an overreaction it was

The article says she knocked over furniture and threw it as well as ripped things from the walls and injured the principle.  That's a pretty extreme reaction.  Are you asking what it was about?

Also, I understand how handcuffing a kid seems extreme -- but what is the reasonable alternative?  If he has to get her out of the school building and she's resisting, what are the other choices?  I don't know if there is enough information to determine whether alternatives were available or not.  My buddy works in special education classrooms with students with behavioral disorders, primarily.  Some days there will be three or four of them trying to restrain a kid.  The stories she tells me are crazy.  I can easily imagine some of her kids having to be taken from school in handcuffs.  (Of course, she doesn't work with six year olds, either.)
oops I'll edit.  I m not sure a suspension that long is a good idea and really why the car couldnt they just take her to a room in the school while cuffed

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2012, 07:22:55 pm »

That was sarcasm.

oops I'll edit.  I m not sure a suspension that long is a good idea and really why the car couldnt they just take her to a room in the school while cuffed
Of course not. This girl is clearly a menace to society, never mind her peers. What kind of madman would keep her so near the scene of her outburst? We can only guess at what violent thoughts call her mind home, and we would be doing a huge disservice to the community by letting her off so easy.*

*Someone has to justify the case in this way, right?
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2012, 08:45:51 pm »
Um...

She threw furniture around and supposedly injured the principal.

How were they supposed to get the situation under control?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2012, 09:16:12 pm »
Yeah I'm trying to figure out why you're objecting to this.

Ironbite-cause she's 6?

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2012, 09:19:45 pm »
How the hell did a six year old manage to through around furniture? Is she Shizuo or something?

Edit: Did she throw her desk and chair, or what?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:23:41 pm by thejebusfire »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2012, 09:23:31 pm »
How the hell did a six year old manage to through around furniture? Is she Shizuo or something?

I honestly don't know.

I don't want to say the police are wrong, but I don't want to say they're right, either.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2012, 09:25:28 pm »
Maybe she got angry about something and flipped her desk over or something?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2012, 09:26:16 pm »
Table flip?

But then how did she injure the principal?

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2012, 09:35:34 pm »
What were they supposed to do if not cuff her, toss her in a police car and haul her down to the pokey? OH! OH! I know this!

Put her in the Time Out Closet until she calms the fuck down.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2012, 09:41:48 pm »
What were they supposed to do if not cuff her, toss her in a police car and haul her down to the pokey? OH! OH! I know this!

At worst just cuff her if she's really a threat and put her in a room with an adult at best she can scream at the adult

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2012, 09:43:10 pm »
I was gonna post this story, but I guess you beat me to it.

I've seen kids freak the hell out and the can do more than you think. School desks aren't particularly heavy, and you don't need to be able to lift a heavy bookshelf to tip it over on someone(think of people who tip vending machines).

That said, it sound like it's extreme, but at the same time I'm not sure what else one would do. It sounds like there were a few people there trying to calm her down and it wasn't working.

I remember one time in 7th grade when a mentally retarded girl who was in my "do homework or something" class freaked out(not the first time she did by any means). She ran up and down the halls screaming and at one point shouting, "STOP CHASING ME! I'LL JUMP OUT THE WINDOW(we were on the 2nd story)! DON'T CALL THE COPS!" She also threw chairs around the classroom, flipped a table and ran down the hall banging on the walls. The teacher, a couple of other kids in the class, and me tried to calm her down and eventually succeeded.  Later that day when I was talking to a friend who had a class down the hall when this happened when he asked me if I knew what on earth that noise was that morning. I told him, "oh it's just Marcee having a freak out again". Did I mention this girl had a beard? (To be clear I'm not trying to make fun of retarded kids or anything.)
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2012, 09:48:35 pm »

I was gonna post this story, but I guess you beat me to it.

I've seen kids freak the hell out and the can do more than you think. School desks aren't particularly heavy, and you don't need to be able to lift a heavy bookshelf to tip it over on someone(think of people who tip vending machines).

That said, it sound like it's extreme, but at the same time I'm not sure what else one would do. It sounds like there were a few people there trying to calm her down and it wasn't working.

Like I said, until more facts come out, I'm not going to judge things one way or the other.

However, it sounds like they COULDN'T get her into the time-out closet.

Have you ever tried to deal with a tantruming, frenzied child that can't even be picked up without either you getting a broken nose or her getting crushed ribs?  Yeah.  I may not have, but I can guess that it's not as easy as "putting her in a time out closet"
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 09:51:09 pm by Zachski »